• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
Bored so I'd be curious to hear

can be insightful, depressive, controversial, uplifting, whatever, just bored and wanna hear something cool

Reactions: sserafim
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Things like MKUltra make me wonder if why they throw mentally hurt/suicidal people in institutions without abandon for drug and experimental procedures.

Snowstorm

Snowstorm

Can you see me?
Oct 23, 2023
A fun fact about the arcade game series Dance Dance Revolution: The most popular arcade cabinet/version in america (DDR Extreme) was actually never released in the states, it was just so sought after that nearly every arcade was getting illegally imported cabinets from japan to keep up with demand.

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
You can get burned by touching fire, and getting burned is painful. So touching fire can be painful. I think this deduction can be useful in certain circumstances.

D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
I've found a very rare documentary on the dark web showing a kid coming out of a man's anus. Yes it was a real man: his dick/testicles.
Apparently it was a micropreemie, male anus could stretch about 7½. I was intrigued.

• Informative
Reactions: marchshift
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
One reason why OMORI is rated M via ERSB is because of "Strong Language".

The only strong language in the entire game had a 1 in 13 chance of showing up per gameplay, after 75% of the game is done, and by talking to a specific NPC who says "I fucking love air conditioning".

Also, I got it on my first blind playthrough and laughed my head off because it really lightened up the (good) stress I had playing it.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
There is no sharp line between atmosphere no atmosphere – an asteroid would just have an exceedingly thin atmosphere, so it is largely a matter of definition. If the mean free path of a molecule is such that it would escape without hitting any other molecule, it would be reasonable to say that the body does not have an atmosphere. A moon can have a very dense atmosphere – Titan's is denser than Earth's at its surface.

Hydrogen bombs are "relatively" clean, but they an atom bomb at their core, and most have an atom bomb as a reflector to intensify the hydrogen explosion. But still, add a thousand times the energy release of an atom bomb and only a few times the radioactivity release, they are cleaner per megaton. It is very difficult for a typical reactor to undergo a nuclear explosion, but it can certainly undergo a steam explosion or hydrogen explosion or be hit with a conventional bomb or nuclear bomb, and a editor typical reactor contains much more total radioactivity than a nuclear bomb. But the spent fuel pool is a much softer target, and contains more radioactivity than the reactor core itself!

The 2011 Japanese earthquake released roughly 100 times as much energy as all explosives of World War II. (Several hundred megatons versus a few megatons).

Why water and CO2 are more "stable" than other molecules such as methane: Asymmetric bonds allow the paired electrons to spend more time near the atom that most likes the electrons. Both hydrogen and carbon have half-filled shells, so they are fairly similar in character. In contrast, oxygen just needs two more electrons to fill a shell of 8 electrons, so it is desperate for more electrons. Therefore oxygen – hydrogen and oxygen – carbon bonds are less symmetric than carbon – carbon, carbon – hydrogen or hydrogen – hydrogen bonds, which keeps the electrons spending more time near atoms that really want them.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Whether glass counts as a ceramic is mostly a matter of definition. Glass is mostly an oxide of silicon, which chemically fits with being a ceramic, but most ceramics are shaped before they are heated whereas glass is shaped when hot.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Where I live it WILL snow today and tomorrow a lot.

Too old for snow!

Walter
Oh... that's nice. We had 15 degrees yesterday and i went for a walk with a sweater only.
Where do you live?

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Dec 14, 2023
Near death experiences often have very similar themes, despite them being experienced by different people of different ages and in different cultures. The process typically looks like this: the person has an out-of-body experience and observes what happens in the room from an outside perspective (sometimes, they observe what happens in another room, or even in another building). Then they report travelling towards some kind of light, usually through a tunnel but not always. After this, they typically meet someone, often dead relatives (sometimes relatives that has passed so recently they have no idea that they actually are dead) and some kind of light figure that many people describes as a man; depending of the religious belief of the nearly dying he can be interpreted as God, Jesus, Krishna, Buddha etc but the main theme seems to be that he emits light and unconditional love. People usually describe a sense of utter and complete peace of mind. At some point they're often re-experiencing their life in some way, which can be anxiety-provoking or comforting depending on said life experiences. The last thing that usually happens is that they understand that they need to complete some kind of task; or enter some kind of location in order to fully pass on but they are being told (either directly or indirectly) that they're not allowed to and that they must return to their bodies. A lot of people don't want to return and try to resist but to no avail. Then they awake. All this can happen in a matter of seconds, just as we can dream long and complicated dreams in just a second.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Near death experiences often have very similar themes, despite them being experienced by different people of different ages and in different cultures. The process typically looks like this: the person has an out-of-body experience and observes what happens in the room from an outside perspective (sometimes, they observe what happens in another room, or even in another building). Then they report travelling towards some kind of light, usually through a tunnel but not always. After this, they typically meet someone, often dead relatives (sometimes relatives that has passed so recently they have no idea that they actually are dead) and some kind of light figure that many people describes as a man; depending of the religious belief of the nearly dying he can be interpreted as God, Jesus, Krishna, Buddha etc but the main theme seems to be that he emits light and unconditional love. People usually describe a sense of utter and complete peace of mind. At some point they're often re-experiencing their life in some way, which can be anxiety-provoking or comforting depending on said life experiences. The last thing that usually happens is that they understand that they need to complete some kind of task; or enter some kind of location in order to fully pass on but they are being told (either directly or indirectly) that they're not allowed to and that they must return to their bodies. A lot of people don't want to return and try to resist but to no avail. Then they awake. All this can happen in a matter of seconds, just as we can dream long and complicated dreams in just a second.

Bannana

Bannana

caretaker
Mar 10, 2024
because we are fundamentally different from others, we can be an individual, but with our differences brings a feeling of loneliness in the fact that one can never truly understand you, and you can never understand them, we are individuals, and we are lonely because of it, this could be why when we find someone that we believe understands us we latch onto them, but thats just a theory

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
because we are fundamentally different from others, we can be an individual, but with our differences brings a feeling of loneliness in the fact that one can never truly understand you, and you can never understand them, we are individuals, and we are lonely because of it, this could be why when we find someone that we believe understands us we latch onto them, but thats just a theory
(@sserafim)
Your theory reflects the complexity of human connection and the tension between individuality and the desire for understanding. It's true that our differences can sometimes lead to feelings of loneliness, but they also offer opportunities for unique connections with others who appreciate and comprehend us in ways that resonate deeply. The quest for understanding and meaningful connections is a central aspect of the human experience.

• Informative
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet has been terribly misunderstood. The drama's not meant to be taken as a celebration of romance, but rather as a warning (and at times a twisted, humorous spin on chivalric romance) against the morbid picture of passion.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet has been terribly misunderstood. The drama's not meant to be taken as a celebration of romance, but rather as a warning (and at times a twisted, humorous spin on chivalric romance) against the morbid picture of passion.
Yes, "Romeo and Juliet" can be interpreted as a cautionary tale about the consequences of impulsiveness, hatred, and societal pressures. It warns against the dangers of unchecked passion, familial conflict, and the inability to reconcile differences peacefully, ultimately leading to tragic outcomes for the young lovers.

Bannana

Bannana

caretaker
Mar 10, 2024
(@sserafim)
Your theory reflects the complexity of human connection and the tension between individuality and the desire for understanding. It's true that our differences can sometimes lead to feelings of loneliness, but they also offer opportunities for unique connections with others who appreciate and comprehend us in ways that resonate deeply. The quest for understanding and meaningful connections is a central aspect of the human experience.
You could say we are driven by our fundamental loneliness to connect with others

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
You could say we are driven by our fundamental loneliness to connect with others
Loneliness can indeed drive humans to seek connections with others. It's a fundamental aspect of human nature to seek companionship, support, and understanding from fellow beings. While loneliness can motivate us to seek social interaction, it's not the only factor driving human connections. Other factors such as empathy, cooperation, and shared interests also play significant roles in fostering connections between people.
Humans are social group animals.
Humans have a deep-seated need for connection due to various reasons:

1. Social bonds: Connection with others fulfills our innate need for social interaction and belonging. It helps us form bonds, share experiences, and support one another.

2. Emotional well-being: Connecting with others provides emotional support, validation, and understanding, which are essential for mental and emotional well-being.

3. Fulfillment of basic needs: Throughout history, humans have relied on social connections for survival, including cooperation for food, protection, and reproduction.

4. Identity formation: Interacting with others helps shape our sense of self and identity. Through socialization, we learn societal norms, values, and behaviors that contribute to our identity formation.

5. Cognitive development: Social interaction stimulates cognitive development, including language acquisition, problem-solving skills, and emotional intelligence.

As group creatures we exist in a web of interdependence with our fellow conspecifics (animals or plants belonging to the same species)

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
The Nazis were high on benzedrine (amphetamine). They were also on pervitin (methamphetamine)

Last edited: