sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Hello guys, girls and mix genders in the middle,
Anyone have an iPhone X? What do you think of the no home key? I'm having a hard time with it.

Im trying to get a solid black home and lock screen but seems impossible. With all other devices including the old iPhone 3GS (still using this and the 3) it's no problem just grab a solid black colour from the web, stick in camera roll, then select as home and lock screen. Bingo.

How the hell do you do it on the X? This thing making my eyes go nuts with the default brightness. Any help out there please?
This thing so hard to figure out in so many ways my buddy is thinking he might swap these for the 8. But might hold out if anyone can help us navigate these X ones.

Cheers SA

D

Deleted member 1496

Student
Aug 2, 2018
Anyone have an iPhone X? What do you think of the no home key? I'm having a hard time with it.

I don't have an iPhone X, but can you use the Accessibility features to create a virtual home key, like on old phones? For people with broken home keys, I've seen people use Settings, Accessibility, Touch, Assistive Touch (path may have changed with the updated iOS and hardware) to create a virtual home key that appears on the screen. And then you can customize further with other Accessibility features. Or has the concept of a home key been removed entirely?

Reactions: sufferingalways
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I don't have an iPhone X, but can you use the Accessibility features to create a virtual home key, like on old phones? For people with broken home keys, I've seen people use Settings, Accessibility, Touch, Assistive Touch (path may have changed with the updated iOS and hardware) to create a virtual home key that appears on the screen. And then you can customize further with other Accessibility features. Or has the concept of a home key been removed entirely?

Hi sorry for delay
Thank you for that idea I'll try it.
If an app has a white slider line it's easy to exit but sometimes there just isn't.

I've now had the phone a while and a penpal in California has shared some short cuts.. makes life less confusing thankfully.