• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
That's another reason, why it's so hard to leave the house. So many people film others without their consent on their phones and post the videos on the internet. It's another reason why I'm too self-conscious to leave the house.

I remember one time an art student started drawing a portrait of my mother on the bus without her consent. My mother ended up moving seats, so that the woman couldn't see her. The woman was angry that my mother changed seats, despite her not asking for permission to draw her. People can be so selfish.
Oh God yes. Winding up in some viral internet video is a nightmare of mine. I don't even like being in family videos.

That woman had a nerve to be angry at your mother. So many people don't care about consent in that regard. They think just because it wouldn't bother them that it shouldn't bother anyone else either. Selfish indeed.

Reactions: Ivenocare and LastFlowers
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Oh God yes. Winding up in some viral internet video is a nightmare of mine. I don't even like being in family videos.

That woman had a nerve to be angry at your mother. So many people don't care about consent in that regard. They think just because it wouldn't bother them that it shouldn't bother anyone else either. Selfish indeed.
Same. I don't have any videos or photos of myself past the age of 13 except passport/ID/health card. I would be bothered even if the video didn't go viral and only a few people saw it.

Agreed.

Reactions: Ivenocare, LastFlowers and AutumnEmbers
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I used to. Almost every night. Sometimes I'd just get so fed up with the world, that I'd just walk and walk and walk down the road until I felt like coming back.

Reactions: EllaBella, Midnight, Ivenocare and 2 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
I do alot of nighttime driving. If i could i'd rather live at night than during the day. Way less people arround.. people can hardly see me in my car. It's the last thing i "enjoy" but even then every night i wish it where my last. It's sketchy though in the city's and places i drive to and walk arround. It's been more or less a miracle i haven't been attacked/beaten up yet. Though there's cctv pretty much anywhere these day's so it gives a little sence of added security. Don't get me wrong i'd like to die but not while getting beaten up. Getting shot is highly unlikely .. and stabbing is also very rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: LastFlowers
J

justlol1

May 24, 2019
I should but anxiety

Reactions: LastFlowers, dhk96 and Ivenocare
dhk96

dhk96

May 8, 2018
I used to when I was on campus. I would sit or walk around the bench outside my dorm between 2:00 AM - 6:00 AM while listening to music. It was nice being out alone under a dark sky, even when it was raining. And I felt safe because there were always police patrolling around (not close enough to see thankfully). I also found it funny that there wasn't some other depressed person sitting or standing around aimlessly like me lol. Maybe at some other time or on a different campus.

It feels like time stops at night since no one's around. Somewhat relieving even though I know I'm just drowning myself further in my discomfortable comfort of discomfort, if that makes sense. Sadly, I can't do that anymore now that I'm back home. My neighborhood should be safe, but knowing that the school grounds were guarded gave me more of a sense of security.

Reactions: thishappened and LastFlowers
EllaBella

EllaBella

Slightly depraved
Mar 23, 2019
Frequently! haha it's cool knowing there are some like-minded night strollers on here..
Parents are against it but it's the only way to reduce the panic and the anxiety, the only way to clear the mind and rid it of that claustrophobic feeling.

Lucky to be living in the countryside where passerby's are sparse and it's easier to blend into the shadows.
The amount of times i've been told as a "young naive female" that it's absolutely irrational to be wanting to walk alone at night is annoying. Last time I checked there wasn't a fucking privilege or 'right' to walk and keep to yourself and I won't be intimidated by another human being on this planet just because of sexist preconceptions. Wouldn't care either way what happens to this husk of a person anyway.

Only downside is that you can only stay outside for so long...

LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
I used to do this sometimes back when I lived in North London. If depression was really hitting me I would end up spending a whole day off indoors, then around 10pm I would venture out and walk to the late night petrol station to buy chocolate. I liked being out walking after dark with just the streetlights and light from inside the houses or car headlights. Never had any trouble or got mugged, the area I lived in was fairly safe.

crimea_river

crimea_river

Experienced
May 27, 2019
Before I contracted M.E, which has severely restricted my mobility, I used to love walking in general, partucularly during dark hours.

I've always thought the world takes on a dimension that I prefer under a blanket of darkness and I used to find it soothing to be alone with my rambling thoughts, or to listen to music.

I've spent most of my life living in fairly rural locations, but lived in towns and cities too. Managed to not get mugged etc. It's one of many things I really miss being able to do.

Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
11pm, time for another walk til sunrise

deathxoxo

deathxoxo

May 14, 2019
I used to all the time, it was one thing that brought me joy

Reactions: Dartz and LastFlowers
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I wish I could. But my grandfather hardly ever allows me to go out by myself, and he never would at night. He's now tightening his grip on everything. I once did years ago when the powers were out.

• Aww..
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
If I couldn't exist outside in the night, I'd probably be long dead tbh

Reactions: Circles and LastFlowers
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
Fuck yeah I love going for walks past midnight, to me during that time everything is more peaceful and calm on the streets or wherever I am walking because the world around me is asleep

Reactions: Dartz and LastFlowers
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I used to but then I realized, it's a good way to get harassed by cops... Because most people don't walk around after midnight.

• Aww..