• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't walk in my own neighborhood but once in awhile I will walk between 1-3am in my Mother's neighborhood she just moved to where I know no one and can usually bet on being alone at that time period anyways. I would never walk during the day because of how I look. Im not afraid of being killed by anyone but only hope I don't get raped. Because even ugly people don't get to be excluded from being a victim of that heinous crime. I try not to think about all that though.
At night, I can imagine I'm the last person on earth.
Sometimes I can breathe, have a small moment of peace. If you can call it that. I can finally take my stupid hood off my head.
My surroundings become true to how I always feel. Isolated. On my own.

Does anyone else do this?
I've never seen anyone else out so far. Tbh I hope I never come across anyone unless they are a murderer who will quickly off me.
There's a train near by and I wonder if it will ever pass while I am out.

Reactions: Rex2019, dhk96, Life+me=error and 6 others
slickOne

slickOne

I'm 'bout to swallow every dream
Apr 6, 2019
Being out at night feels way more peaceful than during the day. It has something magical to it; comparable to the sensation of feeling lonely with people around you vs. feeling way better when actually being alone.

I really hope nothing unpleasant happens to you during your walks.

Reactions: ZixivaldYrxes, Life+me=error, Ivenocare and 4 others
AloneInTheSky

AloneInTheSky

May 13, 2019
Taking walks at night are the best for clearing your mind, they can be super relaxing too. It feels like being in the closed off section of a park, but everywhere.

Stay safe though, I had a car follow me one time on a walk with no headlights on so stay aware of yourself.

Reactions: Ivenocare, vaselinetom, LastFlowers and 1 other person
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
Been tempted to do this but I don't think I live in the right area for it. It's a little on the seedy side.

I have, however, enjoyed late night walks when camping or on vacation, just not at home.

Reactions: Ivenocare, vaselinetom, LastFlowers and 1 other person
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I often thought that it would be nice to take late night drives especially in the Summer with the windows down, but I don't have a license or a car, so this isn't an option. This would be better if I lived somewhere more scenic, anyways.

I used to take my dog for walks in the early morning (sunrise), but I also have had cars following me, so I don't do it anymore and for that reason I never tried going for walks at night.

Reactions: Ivenocare, vaselinetom, AutumnEmbers and 2 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I often thought that it would be nice to take late night drives especially in the Summer with the windows down, but I don't have a license or a car, so this isn't an option. This would be better if I lived somewhere more scenic, anyways.

I used to take my dog for walks in the early morning (sunrise), but I also have had cars following me, so I don't do it anymore and for that reason I never tried going for walks at night.
I love the wind from open windows of a car and to be on a drive late at night, but have only experienced it as a passenger and I too, don't have a license or my own car.
Been tempted to do this but I don't think I live in the right area for it. It's a little on the seedy side.

I have, however, enjoyed late night walks when camping or on vacation, just not at home.
Yea half of this area here seems creepy also but there's also a main road I can walk where there is a police station and fire station and it feels safer there.
Taking walks at night are the best for clearing your mind, they can be super relaxing too. It feels like being in the closed off section of a park, but everywhere.

Stay safe though, I had a car follow me one time on a walk with no headlights on so stay aware of yourself.
Yea, I don't feel like being thrown into a car. I try to walk in a way that I am hard to follow.
Being out at night feels way more peaceful than during the day. It has something magical to it; comparable to the sensation of feeling lonely with people around you vs. feeling way better when actually being alone.

I really hope nothing unpleasant happens to you during your walks.
Definitely feels other worldly,
Thanks for the concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivenocare and slickOne
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Yeah, sometimes I go for midnight walks walking is literally the only exercise I do pretty much.

Reactions: Ivenocare, LastFlowers and slickOne
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
And here I thought this would be a Patsy Cline thread.

Reactions: Ivenocare, wiIIow, LastFlowers and 1 other person
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
It's the ideal time for a walk, but in my city it just means the perfect time to be mugged or worse.

Reactions: Ivenocare, brighter, LastFlowers and 1 other person
GreyMagic

GreyMagic

The more you care, the more you have to lose.
Feb 21, 2019
I used to, and I bloody luck I didn't get raped.

Reactions: Ivenocare and LastFlowers
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
I would love to do this but I'm too much of a coward. Even when I go for walks during the daytime I'm constantly looking over my shoulder (I blame it on growing up with an overprotective father). I love the quiet and stillness of night-time though, and feeling like I have the world to myself. Maybe I'll work up the courage to do this before I ctb.

Reactions: Ivenocare, LastFlowers and slickOne
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I used to. At the peak of my insomniac years, I would spend hours walking around in the late night and early morning. I was followed a handful of times, but I got lucky and never landed in anybody's basement to be tortured. I would never do that shit anymore - especially in the compromised state I often had put myself in (both earbuds in and stoned). I miss it though, those were some of the most peaceful and memorable times. Always helped to clear my head and calm me down, and I liked to imagine I was the last person on earth. To this day the smell of wet grass in the morning will make me feel funny

Reactions: Ivenocare, Madame Psychosis and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I used to. At the peak of my insomniac years, I would spend hours walking around in the late night and early morning. I was followed a handful of times, but I got lucky and never landed in anybody's basement to be tortured. I would never do that shit anymore - especially in the compromised state I often had put myself in (both earbuds in and stoned). I miss it though, those were some of the most peaceful and memorable times. Always helped to clear my head and calm me down, and I liked to imagine I was the last person on earth. To this day the smell of wet grass in the morning will make me feel funny
It really sucks that there's people out there who will mess with the only living peace a person can get..I mean I wish I had a forcefield around me while walking that said "This person has enough shit to deal with. Take yours elsewhere."
It sucks to see how many people enjoy walking at this time (or want to) but have to stop because of fear of what may happen to them.
Despicable people in the bushes just waiting to remind us how things can always be "worse".

I walked yesterday and picked some buttercups. Some giant truck passed me on the main road and the trucker lady inside it gave me a look like "What the hell is that person doing on the side of the road, picking weeds at 3am" lol, I'm sure she's seen weirder.

Reactions: Ivenocare, AutumnEmbers, freya and 1 other person
T

Topsy

Feb 5, 2019
When I get in a bad way, I always severely fuck up my sleeping schedule and end up sleeping from 8am-5pm on a regular basis.
But the best part about it is the night walks and the fact that I live in a place with a small community kitchen which is unlocked at all hours.
It's such a nice place to get away, pat the stray cats and curl up on the seats outside with a hot drink thinking about absolutely nothing.

The peacefulness of being alone to explore the beauty of the small things is just something else.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers, Ivenocare, Halo13 and 1 other person
Donewitheverything

Donewitheverything

Ultimate Despair
Apr 8, 2019
I used to, yes. And I'd honestly would love to do it again, but I'm pretty much under familial surveillance ever since I've decided to visit my mother and she pretty much knows about my suicidal tendencies. The house is even armed at night so...

ShyRaccoon

ShyRaccoon

May 14, 2019
I used to do it a lot when I was living in the US, just when my depression started. Nowadays I don't usually do it. I hardly get out of my room besides on school time, and I even often skip it because of the anxiety it produces on me. But I do like driving at night... There are no cars or people on the streets... Just the cops, sadly.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ivenocare and LastFlowers
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Absolutely! If possible I also try to get some shopping done also because there's no crowds. I have been walking alone at night since I was a teenager.

Reactions: Ivenocare, brighter and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Absolutely! If possible I also try to get some shopping done also because there's no crowds. I have been walking alone at night since I was a teenager.
I wish more stores were open 24 hours. And had more self check outs too.

Reactions: brighter and Halo13
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
Every night at about 11pm. Don't really go outside much aside from night walks. The world is a more pleasant place at night

Reactions: Ivenocare, brighter and LastFlowers
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
No, my neighborhood is too sketchy. The other day I got in late and there was some cracked out kid just sitting out on the sidewalk and rapping to himself, lol. He sounded like shit too, but I wasn't about to critique his (lack of) skills.

Reactions: Ivenocare and brighter
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I love walking late at night.... the eerie silence just appeals to me. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only soul out and about. I do fear it at times though, wildlife and you never know what kind of person could be trolling around...

Reactions: Dartz, LastFlowers, Ivenocare and 1 other person
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I wish I could go for a walk I cannot even leave home I need someone to help me out of bed. I go days without eating, and I feel forgotten locked into a room. This isnt a way to live.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: AutumnEmbers, LastFlowers, Ivenocare and 1 other person
weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
The ambience and atmosphere at night is 10x better than daytime. Not to mention not having to put up with scorching heat and humidity. Night time really is the best time to go for a walk or a jog.

Reactions: LastFlowers and Ivenocare
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
It's something I've wanted to do but pretty much never done it. I don't think there's anywhere worthwhile to walk to where I live. I did once in nature but there were too many bats. I don't want to walk around the streets that time because I'm likely passing some drunks who probably will taunt me. Around 5-6am is nice, I like the sky at that time.

Reactions: Dartz, LastFlowers and Ivenocare
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere so I often walk out late at night cause it's usually quiet, there's no one around, hell you can even go on some swings at a kids park and no one honestly cares around here. The only people I usually see is maybe the occasional stoned bored teenager but generally if you leave them alone they'll do the same for you.

Of course there is a scketchy area but I avoid it. Never a good walking path there anyways.

Reactions: Xaphous and LastFlowers
weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
No, my neighborhood is too sketchy. The other day I got in late and there was some cracked out kid just sitting out on the sidewalk and rapping to himself, lol. He sounded like shit too, but I wasn't about to critique his (lack of) skills.
Lol!! I often wondered if anyone else ever gets disturbed by that. It's sad how most of the kids rapping like that on the sidewalk can't count their change in a grocery store checkout, but can memorize endless verses of vile rap music. Talk about misplaced attention.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
11326 11327

From the other night, couldn't really post much more because there's too many identifying structures every which way.
It would be nice if the library was open at 3am
lights on but No..
it's strange getting to walk on a main road with lots of little shops and have it be completely empty..I did not have this back in my own neighborhood.
It's nice though, nice as anything can be under the circumstances.
I wish things were different.

My mother said if I keep this up, I'm going to wind up on Facebook with my picture posted, people saying "whose this creeper walking around at odd hours"
Apparently that is happening A LOT lately. Every town has their own page where they share everything going on. Everyone has a camera in their hand or attached to their house.
Both criminals and innocents alike having their likeness posted on social media. I was thinking I just had to worry about rapists and kidnappers, but now I have to worry about my worst nightmare. My ugly face posted for all to see.
I can only wear a scarf around my head for so long before it gets to be 90 deg out.

Reactions: Ivenocare, AutumnEmbers, Xaphous and 1 other person
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
View attachment 11326View attachment 11327

From the other night, couldn't really post much more because there's too many identifying structures every which way.
It would be nice if the library was open at 3am
lights on but No..
it's strange getting to walk on a main road with lots of little shops and have it be completely empty..I did not have this back in my own neighborhood.
It's nice though, nice as anything can be under the circumstances.
I wish things were different.

My mother said if I keep this up, I'm going to wind up on Facebook with my picture posted, people saying "whose this creeper walking around at odd hours"
Apparently that is happening A LOT lately. Every town has their own page where they share everything going on. Everyone has a camera in their hand or attached to their house.
Both criminals and innocents alike having their likeness posted on social media. I was thinking I just had to worry about rapists and kidnappers, but now I have to worry about my worst nightmare. My ugly face posted for all to see.
I can only wear a scarf around my head for so long before it gets to be 90 deg out.
What a beautiful sky. I love the way the trees are illuminated too. Very atmospheric.

The people taking pictures of strangers and posting them on Facebook are the creepers as far as I'm concerned. You'd think people would have better things to do with their time.

Last edited:
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
What a beautiful sky. I love the way the trees are illuminated too. Very atmospheric.

The people taking pictures of strangers and posting them on Facebook are the creepers as far as I'm concerned. You'd think people would have better things to do with their time.

That's another reason, why it's so hard to leave the house. So many people film others without their consent on their phones and post the videos on the internet. It's another reason why I'm too self-conscious to leave the house.

I remember one time an art student started drawing a portrait of my mother on the bus without her consent. My mother ended up moving seats, so that the woman couldn't see her. The woman was angry that my mother changed seats, despite her not asking for permission to draw her. People can be so selfish.