C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
When you're explaining your problems to someone, and 1) they totally go off tangent about the most dumbest things, but you don't have the heart to tell them to shut up. And 2) when they do give you advice, they act like a "know it all".
I mean I appreciate the time they are giving me but ..why say "nah you're wrong I'm right", "Oh okay. Well tomorrow is a new day", "It's not that bad, people have it worse" (I hate that..a lot) "Suck it up, it will be better you're just being sensitive"

Reactions: brighter, AnnihilatedAnna and Exile
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
When you're explaining your problems to someone, and 1) they totally go off tangent about the most dumbest things, but you don't have the heart to tell them to shut up. And 2) when they do give you advice, they act like a "know it all".
I mean I appreciate the time they are giving me but ..why say "nah you're wrong I'm right", "Oh okay. Well tomorrow is a new day", "It's not that bad, people have it worse" (I hate that..a lot) "Suck it up, it will be better you're just being sensitive"
It's helped me a lot to figure out what I want out of the conversation and tell the person up front before starting. Like if I want advice, stories of similar stuff, new perspectives, just somebody to agree with me and let me vent, etc. Saves me a lot of stress and if being direct doesn't work, I stop trying to talk with that person about that type of problem because i have enough experience to say it's never going to get anywhere.