StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I was going through Yahoo News and found an article about Machine Gun Kelly and his mental health. Sorry, I have no pity. Maybe I've gotten to a point where I'm getting heartless (don't think so), but there are so many people who don't have money for doctors, psychiatrists, or medicine that would help them - then he gets on there and boo hoos about his terrible mental health. Okay I know I sound like a bitch. Don't judge me.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's understandable to feel that way, but one thing this website has taught me is that there is enormous diversity in people with mental illness. It seems to transcend gender, race, socioeconomic status and more.

The trouble comes when we see people whose problems are wildly different from our own and assume that they have it much better than us. For example, some people are suicidal because they are rotting in isolation, while others are suicidal because they are being drained by so many people that they cannot cope. Opposite-end-of-the-spectrum problems, yet the same result.

There is a great beauty to the empathy that develops as we find that despite our differences, we are all the same thing.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
It's understandable to feel that way, but one thing this website has taught me is that there is enormous diversity in people with mental illness. It seems to transcend gender, race, socioeconomic status and more.

The trouble comes when we see people whose problems are wildly different from our own and assume that they have it much better than us. For example, some people are suicidal because they are rotting in isolation, while others are suicidal because they are being drained by so many people that they cannot cope. Opposite-end-of-the-spectrum problems, yet the same result.

There is a great beauty to the empathy that develops as we find that despite our differences, we are all the same thing.
Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto