• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

Klo

Physical pain and depression
Mar 27, 2022
Yeah, but if he actually exists, he's supposed to be benevolent. That's about as opposite of sadistic as you can get.
Would a benevolent overseer allow the things that happen in this world? I think not

Reactions: reclaimedbynature, sserafim and Ligottian
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Would a benevolent overseer allow the things that happen in this world? I think not
That's sort of what I said in my original post here. It doesn't make sense to me. And to quote Judge Judy, "If it doesn't make sense, then it's not true". I think all of the myth of a greater being was created by man to explain things when we were first coming into our consciousness and enlightenment and people were starting to question their reason for being.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature and sserafim
K

Klo

Mar 27, 2022
That's sort of what I said in my original post here. It doesn't make sense to me. And to quote Judge Judy, "If it doesn't make sense, then it's not true". I think all of the myth of a greater being was created by man to explain things when we were first coming into our consciousness and enlightenment and people were starting to question their reason for being.
I agree and it has only became a more perverted story over time. Christofascists are truly sick people who use their religion story to control and scare people. I still think we are in a hell dimension now and that is why we suffer and why things are so fucked up. I'm hoping for better with whatever is next but I will settle for not existing. There is some writing that poses a theory that ones own beliefs in theocracies and afterlife can make you vulnerable upon death for things that are worse than this world. Better to have a clear mind in such matters in my opinion.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
.............................................................and that is why we suffer and why things are so fucked up.
I think people are the cause of why things are so fucked up and why there is so much suffering. If there was no bad, we wouldn't know what good even was.

Reactions: sserafim
K

Klo

Mar 27, 2022
I think people are the cause of why things are so fucked up and why there is so much suffering. If there was no bad, we wouldn't know what good even was.
I would argue there is no good or we should strive to overcome such a concept

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I would argue there is no good or we should strive to overcome such a concept
I think there are people out there trying to do legitimate good. What about all the people in Ukraine trying to get food to the starving? There's lots of good in the world. When we're depressed we tend to see more of the bad. I don't think one can exist without the other, though, if that makes any sense. Same with hot and cold, wet and dry.

Reactions: divinemistress36
K

Klo

Mar 27, 2022
I think there are people out there trying to do legitimate good. What about all the people in Ukraine trying to get food to the starving? There's lots of good in the world. When we're depressed we tend to see more of the bad. I don't think one can exist without the other, though, if that makes any sense. Same with hot and cold, wet and dry.
I do think thoughts can be contagious so I won't go on but being ready to die is more than being depressed. If you still think that there is more to be done then you should live. I'm just at the end of trying to do more. Hopefully there will be peace one way or the other but it will never be here in this world

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and EternalšŸŒˆRainbow
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I do think thoughts can be contagious so I won't go on but being ready to die is more than being depressed. If you still think that there is more to be done then you should live. I'm just at the end of trying to do more. Hopefully there will be peace one way or the other but it will never be here in this world
I'm not saying I'm going to, or even want to, do any of those good things that others find to do. No, I'm done. I do have things I need, and must, do before I take any action with regard to ctb. I have to get my mother's estate completely settled and am waiting on her monument to come in and get installed at her resting place. After that I have to get some of my affairs in order as best as I can, which will be a limited endeavor, pretty much only the necessities. There's going to be a large amount of "mess" for someone to take care of regardless of what I do. I have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years. I don't plan on sticking around all that long. I'll get a few other things done, besides the necessities, and that will be it. No, I've had it. My work is done here. I have no more to give and have no desire to even if I did. I only stuck around this long because I knew my mom needed me and she was a great mom and I loved her. My decision to go was made a long time ago. I've endured enough torture internally. Literally, for decades. I didn't even think I'd make it as far as I have. My mom is the reason I stuck around. Her passing is not the reason I am going. If that makes any sense.

Reactions: Homo erectus
K

Klo

Mar 27, 2022
I'm not saying I'm going to, or even want to, do any of those good things that others find to do. in so much as that, I'm done. I do have things I need, and must, do before I take any action with regard to ctb. I have to get my mother's estate completely settled and am waiting on her monument to come in and get installed her resting place. After that I have to get some of my affairs in order as best as I can, which will be a limited endeavor, pretty much only the necessities. There's going to be a large amount of "mess" for someone to take care of regardless of what I do. I don't plan on sticking around all that long. I'll get a few other things done, besides the necessities, and that will be it. No, I've had it. My work is done here. I have no more to give and have no desire to even if I did. I only stuck around this long because I knew my mom needed me and she was a great mom and I loved her. My decision to go was made a long time ago. I've endured enough torture internally. I didn't even think I'd make it as far as I have. My mom is the reason I stuck around. Her passing is not the reason I am going. If that makes any sense.
Makes sense and it was good of you to be there for her. I hope you are able to do what you need to do. I wish you well whatever that looks like for you.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I appreciate that, Klo. Right now I'm "locked" and working on getting to "loaded". HaHa

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
In my opinion, Karma is a terrible Hinduism and Buddhism philosophy. So, some poor kid, dying of cancer in a children's hospital is suffering from some bad Karma? So, does that mean Vladimir Putin has good Karma? Because that cunt has billions, lives like a king but gets to blow up the innocent in his genocidal invasion. Do you see where I am going with this?
I believe karma is a bitch and he will get it after he dies. From what I've read, you get a life review and then he will see all the suffering he has caused.

I would never say it to anyone else and I do not think it is the case for everyone, but I do believe my years of depression and suicidal thoughts were caused by Karma. They were ended by a big trip on Ketamine on Christmas Day. In the trip, I became this divine oneness playing with itself, who started creating things - like stories if you like. Because it creates stories, it has to have good and evil, joy and suffering - otherwise there would be no stories. that this divine being chooses both joy and pain, and there is no other choice. It comes from the desire for experience, e.g. the desire to eat food, the desire to have a body, the desire to have sex. That is why the only way to avoid incarnation is the Buddhist way - to transcend desire. That includes desire for happiness. It is only absolute equanimity that leads to the Sat Chit Ananda - that the truth of consciousness is bliss.

I personally believe that everyone takes on a bit of the suffering, some people more than others, then it's like a big merry go round with people playing different roles over and over again. Hindus call it Samsara. It is the dance of illusion. Outside of our world for example, space and time does not exist in the same way - we experience things in 3 dimensions, but there are more dimensions than that. I thikn science is finding this as well. Also, if you want to see what the nature of reality is, just look at the Quantum Atom! It is mainly empty space where we see physical reality. UIt is all an illusion created by our minds. That is what Hinduism/Yoga teaches and is backed up by modern science on the brain - e.g. the documentary on the brian by David Eagleman.

All of this is small comfort for anyone experiencing suffering. My querstion when I was suffering was always how to endure the suffering and for what purpose. I still don't know the answerr to that. You could see your suffering as an act of service to the whole, like a kind of Christ/sacrifice of suffering, so that in other lifetimes you can be happy.

I am not born a Christian myself, but I like all religions and yesterday went to an Easter service in teh morning. I liked what the priest said a lot. She said - these are not her exact words - that 'the image of Christ on his cross reminds Christians of the reality of suffering. That we cannot avoid suffering or the terrible things happening in the world, because of that image.

The other question is how to change our patterns that are attracting suffering - if that is what is happening. I don't know the answer to that, but today I am going to do a lot of Hail Marys. I am experiencing homelessness and DV/threats against me, plus people lying to the police about me. So I am going to pray as much as possible today to see if I can change this Karma.

I would never say to anyone that their suffering is because of Karma however. I would say what Buddha says: 'there is suffering'. That no-one can avoid suffering and death and some of us get more of it than others in our particular storylines.

Some hippies say we experience suffering in order to learn 'soul lessons' like my poor friend whose daughter has anorexia. She says it is teaching her patience. She isn't even a hippie. My heart breaks for her - as her little daughter has been in hospital for a year or two. I hope she gets better, but it's such a dangerous illness.

I think also that no-one suffering is the only one suffering. There are so many people suffering in any one given moment. It doesn't make it easier, but it is just the part of the reality of suffering.

Anyway, that is my ramblings for now. Will try and be coherent later, but have to deal with housing stuff.

Reactions: Homo erectus, divinemistress36 and sserafim
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
What about non man-made causes of suffering such as disease, famine, natural disasters, accidents, etc? And in case you didn't know it, you just stated two classic Christian arguments to explain away the existence of evil. Nothing personal, but I have to call bullshit.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, thatā€™s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Personally, I feel like I'm being punished for a past life. I was born cursed (with Asperger's/autism), and I believe that this is due to my past life karma. I wish I knew who I was in my past life so I could understand just what exactly I did to deserve this.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I think each person is a soul across many dimensions. The actions and events in this world is akin to this giant soul drifting across 4D. Death is perhaps like cutting a finger of the giant soul, usually nothing special. But in some cases, it may cause infection and inflammation in other parts of the soul which may subsequently show up in afterlives.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think each person is a soul across many dimensions. The actions and events in this world is akin to this giant soul drifting across 4D. Death is perhaps like cutting a finger of the giant soul, usually nothing special. But in some cases, it may cause infection and inflammation in other parts of the soul which may subsequently show up in afterlives.
What do you mean by that? Do you believe that there are multiple realities? Do you think that the way we die in one life has an impact on our next life?

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
What do you mean by that? Do you believe that there are multiple realities? Do you think that the way we die in one life has an impact on our next life?
Yes, another way of looking at it is like a person (soul) playing video games. Each life is one game. The experience and outcome of one game will have an impact on the person/soul and affect how the person will play the subsequent games. But otherwise each game is separate.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yes, another way of looking at it is like a person (soul) playing video games. Each life is one game. The experience and outcome of one game will have an impact on the person/soul and affect how the person will play the subsequent games. But otherwise each game is separate.
Hmm, interesting. Maybe I died of a stroke or some other kind of brain damage in my past life then to be born like this. By the way, do you think that we transcend species and planets? I've always felt like an alien on this earth, maybe my soul is from a different planetā€¦

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Hmm, interesting. Maybe I died of a stroke or some other kind of brain damage in my past life then to be born like this. By the way, do you think that we transcend species and planets? I've always felt like an alien on this earth, maybe my soul is from a different planetā€¦
There are many factors individual souls can't control, such as bugs in the program. Some malicious programmer may set players up to fight and exploit each other, or create bad roles. Even if doing everything right, It will probably take many lives to reach one in which enlightenment is possible. Then hedonism, overplay, greed, indulgence in material goods, etc., may pull one back.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I blame genetics and bad people

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus