• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
Moving to new city or country starting fresh, all by yourself.

Reactions: Circles and sunny.sativa
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I've considered this since I watched the movie Safe Haven in 2013. She just packed some stuff in a pillowcase, took a train to the end of the line and felt it out. She liked the vibe, got a job and bought a little house. Did alright.

Okay, yeah, it's a fictional movie and obviously not that easy, but it sure got me thinking. Complete freedom..? Maybe.

Reactions: Please_stop and tomz323
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
No, because no matter where I lived, I wouldn't be able to escape myself.

Reactions: Please_stop, LivingToLong, HaleyWayMCR and 7 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I probably would but I'd also need a new face.

Reactions: Circles and tomz323
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
I've considered this since I watched the movie Safe Haven in 2013. She just packed some stuff in a pillowcase, took a train to the end of the line and felt it out. She liked the vibe, got a job and bought a little house. Did alright.

Okay, yeah, it's a fictional movie and obviously not that easy, but it sure got me thinking. Complete freedom..? Maybe.
I see you live in the USA, its a big place. My thought was just to save up some money, sell all my shit and go.

No, because no matter where I lived, I wouldn't be able to escape myself.
I know what you mean, but still when I went traveling I could pretend to be someone else. Fake it till you make it I guess.

Reactions: Circles
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I see you live in the USA, its a big place. My thought was just to save up some money, sell all my shit and go.

I know what you mean, but still when I went traveling I could pretend to be someone else. Fake it till you make it I guess.
That's true, but I feel I would eventually face the same kind of problems somewhere else that caused me to leave where I am now. My environment doesn't help, but in the end I feel that I'm the problem and a new environment wouldn't help. Also, my bad memories would stay with me even if I did move. I can't change who I am. It would work for someone who feels their environment is the main problem though.

Escaper Boy

Escaper Boy

累坏了...
Apr 11, 2019
I would do this if I had the funds. I would start by changing my name legally, and then cutting contact 100% with my family. They are the main contributor of my suffering. If I don't have to see their face again, I believe I can recover emotionally and slowly build my life bit by bit. Perhaps then, my depression can finally go to garbage bin where it belongs.

Reactions: Circles, Darkmornings, Please_stop and 3 others
K

Kuris

May 17, 2019
I have thought about it but thanks to social anxiety it would be so much worse without knowing anyone there.

Reactions: Please_stop and HaleyWayMCR
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
I did it once.

tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
That's true, but I feel I would eventually face the same kind of problems somewhere else that caused me to leave where I am now. My environment doesn't help, but in the end I feel that I'm the problem and a new environment wouldn't help. Also, my bad memories would stay with me even if I did move. I can't change who I am. It would work for someone who feels their environment is the main problem though.
This is what I experienced when I went traveling to Canada for a year, I had to move to a new city every 3 months as I ended up still wanting to ctb. I was ok for the first 2 months though. Maybe that's the best way to live, wandering from place to place.

Reactions: Circles, Ashpac and Temporarilyabsurd
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
This is what I experienced when I went traveling to Canada for a year, I had to move to a new city every 3 months as I ended up still wanting to ctb. I was ok for the first 2 months though. Maybe that's the best way to live, wandering from place to place.
Eventually the novelty of a new place wears off. It would be nice for a while, but there's only so many places a person could live and financially it would be difficult to constantly travel. It's a nice dream, but it's not practical unless you have the money.

Reactions: Please_stop and tomz323
sweet17sour29

sweet17sour29

turning teeth
Feb 22, 2019
I have this opportunity right now to move overseas with a wonderful man. I know my demons would follow though. They always do.

Reactions: Circles, Please_stop and tomz323
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
Eventually the novelty of a new place wears off. It would be nice for a while, but there's only so many places a person could live and financially it would be difficult to constantly travel. It's a nice dream, but it's not practical unless you have the money.
You are right, its only a temporary escape.

I have this opportunity right now to move overseas with a wonderful man. I know my demons would follow though. They always do.
I strongly think its worth doing if you've never really traveled outside of N.Z before. You might not even come back, I know I don't intend to when I next leave. Its to just give your mind something to do, at least for awhile.

E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
Been there, done that. More than once. It can be positive if you're prepared to make changes in yourself.

O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I have done this 3 times, 3 states years apart it never made things better but the first 2 worked out better than the last. I think the difference was as an adult (25+ really) it becomes much harder to meet people so when you move somewhere new you may find yourself more alone than before. Really though it adds more stress than it takes away every time.

Reactions: QiTianDaSheng and Jon
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I have moved to different parts of the US, and all had the same outcome... Misery, depression, anxiety.....

There's just some things you can't escape, no matter how hard you try.

Reactions: Circles, Ashpac and lululoo
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I have wanted to try this because it's about the last thing I haven't tried but I just worry I'll still be me and I can't really escape my problems. The biggest thing holding me back though is financial issues and being broke. It doesn't help that i absolutely hate where I live so just the idea of moving is appealing...if I had the money for it I would have nothing to loose. I keep trying to think of ways to hold on and bide my time for a few more years to avoid hurting my mother but I'm really out of ideas and the severe apathy towards everything has really gotten worse.

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I can't do that. Don't have the energy due to chronic illness. But it is something I have daydreamed about consistently in my life. And I did it twice in my 20s. It helped a little bit for a little while, but I always ended up depressed and alone, just like before.

ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
I've been fantasizing about this. Kind of like killing yourself but still being alive. It's just that I'm not sure I'd make it -- I have terrible self-confidence.

I'm pretty sure it'd fuck the depression right out of my mind, though. Facing life radically alone and showing you have the guts to make it through... it's one of my biggest dreams.

The problems I have in my life right now are very much connected to my living environment, my work, and the people I know, so a new setting would definitely help.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I used to but now it's like fuck it I'm done lol!

Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
I want to move to French Polynesia. Anyone know me, I don't know anyone. Beach's, sun, native chickens...

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I fantasize about this often in several forms, listed here from most reasonable to most outlandish:
  • Go to grad school someplace else in the country
  • Apply for my current job in other states
  • Apply for a different job that would allow me to relocate
  • Join the military to relocate and reskill (I want a different job)
  • Complete erasure of old life, severed ties and working anonymously in a kitchen or warehouse elsewhere in the country