Neon

Neon

May 20, 2018
This is probably a fairly common feeling. During interactions I'll try so hard and get so worried to not say the "wrong" thing that I end up not saying anything worthwhile. I'll sift through so many options trying to find the "right" thing to say, until whatever ends up coming out isn't genuine or me at all. Anyone else have experience with this?

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, S like suicide, Sister of the Moon and 2 others
novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
Yes i had it, but then i went to public speaking training for a weekend, that was brutal. It didn't remove the fear completely but helped a little bit to understand how to avoid it. (The key was to be prepared to speak on the topic very well - be an expert in what you speak about. And imagine yourself the boss of everyone around.) I am not saying that you should do the same, just a hint that this sort of fear can be trained to not to feel. Learn to love yourself too.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Anxiety is my personality, and not a very good one.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, S like suicide, thendfornow and 2 others
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Sometimes, yes. A lot of times actually. I just go quiet, and people assume I'm not interesting, or fun or whatever. It stinks.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and onlyanimalsaregood
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Yes, my personality is more or less destroyed by anxiety. It doesn't mean it was necessarily a good one, but it's better than having anxiety as my primary personal attribute. In the past 3~ years , 2 specifically, my anxiety has become out of control

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
L

LongtimeLoser

Apr 25, 2022
Anxiety was never a problem until my health turned to shit from a disease I was born with, didn't know it, and didn't rear its ugly head until i was about 35. Now I prefer to be alone, but my friends and family won't let me be. I'm good with being depressed and living with social anxiety until people feel the need to "fix" me. Just leave me alone :)

And doctors love to pump people full of drugs. Meds just make shit worse. Especially antidepressants, benzos, pain meds, etc. The shit just messes with your minds.

• Hugs
thendfornow

thendfornow

Mar 29, 2022
Depend which kind of anxiety. I always had social anxiety since a little kid but nowadays i tend to be afraid of everything, afraid of the future, afraid of the unknown, sometimes there aint even is a reason for me to be scared but i just am. I think this is a huge part of what makes my insanity.

• Hugs