F

familyman

Jan 9, 2024
When I saw footage of that plane recently where the door blew out, my first thought was, that would have been a great opportunity to end it. Just jump out. Anyone else have the same thought? Something is wrong with my brain lately.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: dysthymia, doormat25, rozeske and 4 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I wouldn't have willingly jumped, but I woluldn't have minded getting sucked off against my will.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: dysthymia, doormat25, breezeboy and 12 others
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
I used to jump out of planes....every cesna I took off in, I never landed in. Even with a chute, 5 minutes in the air is plenty of time. You'd hope to pass out rapidly as that would be terrifying

• Wow
Reactions: doormat25, DeadHead, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I used to jump out of planes....every cesna I took off in, I never landed in. Even with a chute, 5 minutes in the air is plenty of time. You'd hope to pass out rapidly as that would be terrifying
After reading this... I think I'd rather stick to drinking salt water over jumping out of a plane without a chute. How long would it take someone to pass out? It definitely sounds terrifying! Still, if I was on a plane where the door came off, the temptation to jump would still be there.

Reactions: doormat25 and not-2-b-the-answer
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
After reading this... I think I'd rather stick to drinking salt water over jumping out of a plane without a chute. How long would it take someone to pass out? It definitely sounds terrifying! Still, if I was on a plane where the door came off, the temptation to jump would still be there.
you can jump from some big heights without oxygen, The ground gets big very fast when you hit terminal velocity. I saw a video in training of a poor guy streaming groundward when his chute candled....he screamed all the way down. Not what we want. Why more people here cant get their heads around nitrogen is amazing to me. It is worth the effort, as a wise man said " a good death is like a good life....it has to be earned".

• Love
Reactions: DeadHead, not-2-b-the-answer, araney995 and 1 other person
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
you can jump from some big heights without oxygen, The ground gets big very fast when you hit terminal velocity. I saw a video in training of a poor guy streaming groundward when his chute candled....he screamed all the way down. Not what we want. Why more people here cant get their heads around nitrogen is amazing to me. It is worth the effort, as a wise man said " a good death is like a good life....it has to be earned".
I'm wondering if nitrogen would be the way for me then. I couldn't do SN, even though I tried multiple times. The only problem is, I'm totally broke, so I'm a bit stuck. Maybe I'll look at some threads about nitrogen and research how to do that instead. Hell, maybe if it's the right method for me, it would be worth becoming a temporary wage slave again just to get everything I need.

• Hugs
Reactions: k1w1 and not-2-b-the-answer
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
I'm wondering if nitrogen would be the way for me then. I couldn't do SN, even though I tried multiple times. The only problem is, I'm totally broke, so I'm a bit stuck. Maybe I'll look at some threads about nitrogen and research how to do that instead. Hell, maybe if it's the right method for me, it would be worth becoming a temporary wage slave again just to get everything I need.
I did it for around $300+US. You can read my threads if youre interested. Im using non US dollars but tank was 350, hood was 70 delivered, reg was under 100....turned out I could have saved the postage as they sell them at hardware stores....that and some hardware is one weeks wages where I live. If you can change a tap washer or fix a garden hose then its doable. You tried a few times with SN and failed? It sounds positively awful to drink and I willingly chugalug some ghastly liquid meds daily. Cheers

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: DeadHead, Lost in a Dream and not-2-b-the-answer
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I did it for around $300+US. You can read my threads if youre interested. Im using non US dollars but tank was 350, hood was 70 delivered, reg was under 100....turned out I could have saved the postage as they sell them at hardware stores....that and some hardware is one weeks wages where I live. If you can change a tap washer or fix a garden hose then its doable. You tried a few times with SN and failed? It sounds positively awful to drink and I willingly chugalug some ghastly liquid meds daily. Cheers
I never actually drank it, I just stared at the glass until I lost my nerve. Still, I'll look at your threads. Thanks!

• Hugs
Reactions: breezeboy and not-2-b-the-answer
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
Na survival instinct would kick in too bad for me unfortunately

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and not-2-b-the-answer
caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
I know people have survived falls out of planes, sometimes left to suffer the effects for the rest of their lives. Not a risk I would be willing to take.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: k1w1, Lost in a Dream and not-2-b-the-answer
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I'm scared of large heights, so that's a no go for me unfortunately. I don't think I could get over SI and also the chance of survival terrifies me. jumping is like my 5th or 6th choice.

also imagine the humiliation if you jumped and survived... all those people recording, there's no way you wouldn't be called all manner of derogatory things online. I wouldn't be able to bear it if I'd lived after that, especially with the fact id be monitored 24/7 and be unable to really move at all most likely.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
When I saw footage of that plane recently where the door blew out, my first thought was, that would have been a great opportunity to end it. Just jump out. Anyone else have the same thought? Something is wrong with my brain lately.
The thought of maybe wanting to would be overridden by my extreme fear of heights. 😉
I wouldn't have willingly jumped, but I woluldn't have minded getting sucked off against my will.
And who wouldn't want to be sucked off. 😁😆 Sorry sorry sorry.... I couldn't help myself. 😉

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: k1w1, breezeboy, rozeske and 1 other person
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
I've wanted to go skydiving forever, but still haven't had the chance to leave a soaring aircraft that way yet. Now I want to jump out another way.

Obviously a joke, but still a true statement. I would've considered it as well. Seriously

F

familyman

Jan 9, 2024
I know people have survived falls out of planes, sometimes left to suffer the effects for the rest of their lives. Not a risk I would be willing to take.
From a jet at 16,000 feet like that? How is that possible

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
In an urgent situation like this, you would be tightening your seat belt like everyone else. SI is with us every day keeping us from dying accidentally.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and DeadHead
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I have always been super scared of hights, And could never ever jumped to my death from a tall building or something ike that, but oddly enough jumping in a parachute from an air plain, Wasnt scary at all to me. it was like the sence over hight went completly out the door.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Damn 5 minutes of just falling? I didn't realize it took so long

S

smtwtfs

Dec 13, 2021
If I was close enough to the door to think there was a chance, I bet me seatbelt would have "unexpectedly" become unfastened. I have the same thought whenever I drive: If I'm about to be in an accident, can I move quickly enough to unbuckle my seatbelt?

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Who knows where you would have landed

Reactions: Lost in a Dream