• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Unreal_꒰ঌ♡໒꒱_Lover

Unreal_꒰ঌ♡໒꒱_Lover

♡an angel locked away♡
Apr 23, 2024
Whenever I'm in public like shopping for myself or doing anything in general outside I get looks because of my old sh scars, usually whenever people ask I just conjure up a funny story instead of saying what actually happened to make myself not get uncomfortable, I usually say I got them after chasing cats in thorn bushes(but go into big detail about the event)or I say its just the difficulties working with alligators, I know its stupid to some but it makes me feel better about my scars and forget them for a bit, so does anyone else have stories like these(⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)

apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
I have one but it was on accident! A couple years ago my mom saw a pretty noticable scar in the middle of my chest and I freaked out (they don't know I sh.) In the spur of the moment I said I was bicycling but I slipped and got launched off the bike and landed on a sharp rock right on my sternum. Literally the stupidest makeup story ever but she didn't question me any more after that so its a win. 🎉

R

ryba

Apr 13, 2024
my go-to line is "you should see the other guy." when people keep pressing me on it and i have to be somewhat serious, i'll usually say something about like fixing a lawn mower when the blades kicked back on or getting caught on barbed wire while climbing over a fence. it's nicer when the audience isn't so nosy. i have a pretty dumb sense of humor, so sometimes i'll say i got them in a rooftop battle with a gang of ninjas or something else unbelievable like that. people don't usually laugh at those stories, but they put a bit of distance between yourself and what actually happened. i hope i can look at my scars one day and smile because i'm thinking of how i got them wrestling a grizzly bear that tried to steal my pic-a-nic basket instead of being ashamed every time i take a shower.

Unreal_꒰ঌ♡໒꒱_Lover

Unreal_꒰ঌ♡໒꒱_Lover

♡an angel locked away♡
Apr 23, 2024
my go-to line is "you should see the other guy." when people keep pressing me on it and i have to be somewhat serious, i'll usually say something about like fixing a lawn mower when the blades kicked back on or getting caught on barbed wire while climbing over a fence. it's nicer when the audience isn't so nosy. i have a pretty dumb sense of humor, so sometimes i'll say i got them in a rooftop battle with a gang of ninjas or something else unbelievable like that. people don't usually laugh at those stories, but they put a bit of distance between yourself and what actually happened. i hope i can look at my scars one day and smile because i'm thinking of how i got them wrestling a grizzly bear that tried to steal my pic-a-nic basket instead of being ashamed every time i take a shower.
The "you should see the other guy" line is silly :D
Ill prob use that too next time

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty and Ares
C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
I have one but it was on accident! A couple years ago my mom saw a pretty noticable scar in the middle of my chest and I freaked out (they don't know I sh.) In the spur of the moment I said I was bicycling but I slipped and got launched off the bike and landed on a sharp rock right on my sternum. Literally the stupidest makeup story ever but she didn't question me any more after that so its a win. 🎉
I've used biking to 'explain' various leg scars before too! Often a spontaneous reaction! Works better for standalone/individual scars

• Love
Reactions: Ares and apearl
Ares

Ares

Tʜᴇ Sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ
Apr 27, 2024
Only had one pointed out before since it hadn't healed yet, and had trailed down the majority of my left hand the day after. I said it was from trying to grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder, but that in the process I accidentally grabbed my keys attached to the bags strap on a carabiner instead of the strap itself, and that the sharp jagged point of the key scraped down my hand as I tried holding on to it before I dropped the bag. Emphasized by the fact my bag is known to usually weigh at like 20 lbs on a day to day basis, add the momentum, plus the rope burn of trying to grab that weight on sharp keys? It was easily believed.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
Valso

Valso

Student
Mar 12, 2024
Anyone else tell funny stories on how you got your sh scars instead of what actually happened
sh scars? Hm, I didn't know that bash could be harmful! I've been using it for 9 years and it never hurt me.

As for scars, I have 3 physical scars but they're not from attempts to push the daisies - I don't have that courage to cut myself in order to leave scars. They're from periods of my life between 9 and 16.
Scar 1: my right foot is slightly bigger than the left. The reason for that is an insect whose name in English I do not know. If I'm not mistaken, that insect is the male version of a wasp. When I was 9 it stung me and my foot grew a few sizes within minutes to the point that I couldn't wear even a flip-flop, I couldn't put weight on that foot and I also couldn't feel it because it was numb. My mom had to call an ambulance to take me to the ER. Since we were out in the country, far away from any big cities, by the time we got to the city, my foot had become the size of a half a gallon bottle of water. The doctors removed the sting and drained the poison from my foot but it never returned to its original size. Now I'm 40, that incident was 31 years ago and even now my right foot is like maybe quarter of a size bigger than the left. Still the size difference isn't enough for me to have to buy two different sizes of shoes but it does look weird.
Scar 2: Again when I was 9, I was just walking around the neighbourhood when a crazed cat jumped on me and bit me in the arm near the elbow. She sank her teeth so deeply that my arm was was gushing out blood like a fountain for about 20 minutes before it stopped. When it did stop, I could see my own bone.
That scar has already disappeared now, but it WAS visible in the past 28 years.
Scar 3: When I was 16, I had to move a pot of boiling water from point A in the kitchen to point B but I tripped and the bigger part of that water poured on my right foot. I was wearing socks at the time. The sock melted away and I had to remove it very carefully because it had fused with my skin. And once again I was able to see my own bone. It took a few years for the wound to fully close. Fully healing - that's a whole other story, depending on your understanding of healing. Because the meat recovered relatively quickly but for years after that incident the scar was itchy. Sometimes it was itchy, sometimes it hurt like hell and sometimes - both simultaneously. And for many years after the incident the immediate are around the scar and the scar itself were insensitive to anything. If you pressed hard on the scar, I wouldn't feel anything - no pain, no pressure and the skin itself was unbelievably smooth, like a piece of metal.

There's a 4th wound but you already all about it and that wound would never get to be a scar.

Reactions: Ares
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
Whenever I'm in public like shopping for myself or doing anything in general outside I get looks because of my old sh scars, usually whenever people ask I just conjure up a funny story instead of saying what actually happened to make myself not get uncomfortable, I usually say I got them after chasing cats in thorn bushes(but go into big detail about the event)or I say its just the difficulties working with alligators, I know its stupid to some but it makes me feel better about my scars and forget them for a bit, so does anyone else have stories like these(⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)
I've actually never been asked about my SH scars despite having some pretty noticeable ones on my arms and thighs. I'm shocked people haven't asked I think I've just gotten very lucky 😭 im glad those stories help you feel better about your scars (*^^*)♡ living with SH scars can be really difficult sometimes. Maybe I'll tell a story similar to the ones you mentioned if anyone ever asks 💙

• Love
Reactions: Ares
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i can only remember being asked about my scars once, in school during p.e i wasnt allowed to wear a jumper and i had fresh/healing epidermis cuts all over my arm, a girl asked me what happened and i said i fell in a bush and she said "oh, it looks cool" x) i remember thinking at the time like ahh fuck no dont tell me that lol

• Yay!
Reactions: dogbreath and Ares
godbody

godbody

Apr 21, 2024
I used to lie & make up stories as a teenager but now as an adult it feels way too obvious that I'm lying & idk feels cringe in the moment