CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Or even sociopaths? I'm not qualified to really be giving any labels but I've always said that my parents have these tendencies. Especially my dad he has such a talent of making you feel like he is the victim and everybody is wrong including myself. Being older and trying to discuss our families issues walking away 20 minutes later from that conversation made me realize he just played me again lol.

Because mom will give me a completely different story while doing the exact same thing and then hating on me that I don't visit her at all and why I don't take a week off of work so I can watch her cats while her and her boyfriend go on vacation out of town 😂
Depression is killing me right now

It just sucks and I know I don't have it as bad as others I just feel for others like me with toxic families❤️

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Lullaby, Niko66 and 4 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Yep. Full on psychopaths / sociopaths.

Worst thing about it is I end up meeting nothing but such profiles in relationships despite loving their exact opposite and it baffles me... I don't know how to fix this. Even therapists don't know.

For your own protection the only way to deal with such people is to cut all ties if you can, otherwise stay as far away as you can and avoid interactions as much as possible. They can't stop being toxic and gaslight you until they die in 99,99% of cases.

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, CatLove56, Pluto and 2 others
O

OctoberDusk

Apr 26, 2022
Oh yes. Even still dealing with it, and a lot of relatives think I'm a jerk because I stopped putting up with much of it. I've considered cutting ties, at times, and at some level I've severed most emotional ties.

Edit. One of the books that helped me better see and understand what was going on was a fictional novella by Antonya Nelson, Family Terrorists. It's described as, "those small acts of emotional blackmail that keep old antagonisms alive."

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: deleted, markimobzzdeasui, CatLove56 and 1 other person
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
When i was 7 ive been taken away by my psychopath family. They abused me physically&mentally and ruin my life. Until im broken damaged goods. Getting me incurable diseases physically&mentally. Got no life no social life they ruin everything. Im suffering my whole life because of them. Theyre the monsters who hurt me the most. And thats how i ended up here.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, CatLove56, OctoberDusk and 2 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Unfortunately yes, I had terrible parents and that is still reflected in me today and I think it always will be. It's terrible that this happens to so many people. Life is really unfair.

• Hugs
Reactions: CatLove56 and OctoberDusk
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I was really hoping no one would know what I was talking about I'm sorry everyone ❤️

Reactions: Efilismislife
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I could really go on about this, but I definitely relate as my mother has always been super difficult and toxic.

If there's one thing I'm envious of, is people who have really supportive and understanding families, no matter what. Everyone should really have that, as I'm sure it helps so much.

Reactions: Pluto and Efilismislife
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
In a way, they don't even raise us. They raise their own egos at our expense.

Reactions: NumbItAll
rangerrabbit

rangerrabbit

Nothing more to give
Nov 13, 2022
I have a narcissist dad and had a narcissist bf for 3 years so i def relate to what ur feeling. I'm also super insecure so it definitely affected me :( sucks that these people have to exist