F

Fayefaye

Jul 15, 2022
Struggled with title so I'll elaborate.

I need some suggestions of what I can think of to be more at ease or hopeful while dying.

I've considered so far the possibility of reincarnation to have another chance at a happy life, but that doesn't quite do it for me. I'm an agnostic, but I'm also open to more spiritual suggestions.

Perhaps hopeful that I'll get to be with a friend that has passed? Or maybe telling myself maybe there could be a peaceful afterlife waiting? That I'm returning to the earth, and a peaceful nothing?

Basically, I know I'll be scared. And thinking of something hopeful while dying could really help me in that process.

Truly open to absolutely any suggestions. I'm very scared of the dying on my own aspect too. I don't think that can be helped though.

Thanks for listening ❤️

Reactions: September Salt, The_Flying_Fox, Euthanza and 1 other person
AprilieJalnic

AprilieJalnic

Mar 5, 2022
I can't im kinda scared even if i took a bunch of drugs

Reincarnation is 90% real yeah but, i am scared that i will reincarnated into a more shitty being with a more shitty life, feel me?

Or maybe i am just paranoic, maybe if i die the information that i collected all these years will be saved, or who knows

MAYBE we are destined to die, to meet someone, to go to events and (do drugs with others) in my case.

Life is weird, i saw a vid on yt about someone explaining that a man died and remembered everything, it really was interesting/

There was an entity too there that was trying to explain life to the |soul| (past man) it sounds weird. But is really interesting

If you want to see the vid:

check it and come back with a response maybe, will ya bud?

Reactions: whatevs and Ecka-26
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
The Tecumseh Poem

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.

Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place.
Show respect to all people and bow to none.

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.
Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

Chief Tecumseh of The Shawnee, 1768 – 1813

FB IMG 1658649756427

I also read Hamlet act 3 scene 1, to be or not to be

• Love
Reactions: Namensjemand, ABSOLUTION, Someday_Somehow32 and 2 others
mofumofu

mofumofu

Jul 23, 2022
Nothing can said to be certain, except death (and taxes).
We are all going to die - eventually, whether it's tomorrow or 50 years from now, death is assured.
It's a natural part of ones life to ponder whether our continued existence as our self is worthwhile, whether we should end our life by our own will to avoid future suffering or simply wait until we fall apart and death takes us, most people of course won't risk it.

If there is a heaven or an afterlife, then I can understand why life can't exist if everyone was certain of it. it's because we'd eventually all go extinct rather than face the hardships humans commonly endure in their short lives.
We can't be certain of any afterlife, we can't be certain of any before life, but what we do know is that we are alive now and that in time we won't be alive anymore.

We as humans never consciously chose life, we spawned into existence from seemingly nothing and then we seemingly return to nothing, but by the very fact that I spawned into existence.. from nothing makes me think, that if it happened once then why won't it happen again? eventually I will return to nothing, the same nothing I was - before I came to be me. what is there to say that "I" won't come to be again, maybe not as me, but as you or someone else or another form of life entirely, and something that is aware of it's own self existence.

Maybe it's easy for me to grapple with this because I suffer from several mental disorders including derealization and denationalization disorder, but I think that I can exist as a whole other person with different life circumstances, memories, personality a whole other life completely disconnected from my own, but with I still being "I".
It's a scary thought that I may return to earth after death as a murder/abuse victim or maybe even the happiest person on earth, even scarier is if I have to relive my current life forever, I wish I would have a choice in the matter, I wish there would be some deeper meaning to life with deeper connections to "others", but at-least I know whatever life I have it, it will eventually end.

I have yet to end my life because my suffering is rarely ever so great that I can overcome humans evolutionary self-preservation instinct and also out of the kindness I have for my family, so I continue to endure this shitty dreary life of mine.

What comforts me most in dying is knowing that I've already experienced most of what life has to offer, although nothing went as planned; how I wanted, and the good experiences were very short lived, there is nothing much new for me to experience, I think about my life objectively and the direction it's headed, rather than hoping for some miracle, I look at my life and know that 99.9% chance it will be the same mediocre shitty existence for the next 50+ years, If I were to die and old age and relive my life again and again, and 1 out of 1000 times I have a happy ending, is the other 999 times where I live 50 more years from this point and the entire time I hate it worth the 1 time I have a happy worthwhile life from this point on. No, I'd rather just die and get it over with.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I find the thought of non existence to be very comforting personally. The way that I see it, death is the end of all suffering. Once we lose consciousness, that is it for us, we are gone. There is nothing to fear as we simply do not experience anything, it is just like how before we were born, where time passed and yet we were not aware of anything. If we are dead, then nothing can hurt us. Death is all that I look forward to and it makes life seem so meaningless and insignificant in comparison. Death is our true purpose as humans and our inevitable fate, there is no escaping death. I see death as being true peace, as it is the absence of everything, it is peace that cannot be experienced in life.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
The Tecumseh Poem

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.

Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place.
Show respect to all people and bow to none.

When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.
Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

Chief Tecumseh of The Shawnee, 1768 – 1813

View attachment 95890

I also read Hamlet act 3 scene 1, to be or not to be
Damn, I can read in his face that he did what he preached. That sonofabitch looks poised and calm!

cosmic-joke

cosmic-joke

Pharmacology master
Oct 6, 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
Yes. These days all I can feel are hatred, frustration and regrets, that all the things I have had loved are starting to just feel of nothing. I dont want to die with an empty feeling, so I just do what you also been doing. Like most of the time I would imagined a life where I could be someone I wanted to be. I love life, and its a waste that I am not in a position to experience it fully as I am far too gone to fix myself now. Just thinking to myself that I dont want to live like this anymore as a way to set my self free. Somehow it ease the pain, and you could say that Im still scared of doing it despite that.

Last edited:
Reactions: fkyou