• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I know this is very unlikely but i'm really scared that I will be punished in someway for my misdeeds in life. I don't know what to fear more, nonexistence or some sort of judgment. Logically there is nothing wrong with nonexistence but I just can't fathom it. A part of me longs for some sort of life after death/god and yet I know an all powerful being might not look too kindly towards me.

I'm also scared of something horrible happening to those I love and I will not be there to comfort them. If I don't exist I won't even know.

Reactions: justanotherday, Morbid Cam, 21Neberg and 5 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I think I can understand a bit of where you're coming from. I was raised religious and the images of god presented were very, very vengeful and cruel. Then again, this god is credited with having created this particular world where most things live by ripping apart other things... It's hard for me to reason that a superbeing could judge the actions of humans as good or bad when nearly anything we do and judge is filtered through our own species' evolution. I can't understand why a god would share our morality in particular when our morality is bound to our particular evolution. It brings me some comfort to think that if there is a superbeing and there's any objective morality, the being's likely more morally distant from us than we are technologically distant from ants. Or maybe a superbeing that created this world would be malevolent, in which case there's likely nothing I could do... But I hope there's nothing. I hope once we die that's it for consciousness.

Hope you find something that brings you comfort.

Reactions: 21Neberg, Exile and Meretlein
C

checking out

Sep 17, 2018
You are obviously a deep thinker and a caring person. You are probably completely logical in almost all facets of your life. Carry that logical, rational and reasonable thought process into your consideration of what happens after death. It will give you comfort knowing that you will cease to exist, without afterlife, 'god', judgement or punishment, just like every other living organism on earth. We are just animals, nothing more. This is not a negative, it is something to find comfort in.

Reactions: justanotherday, 21Neberg, Exile and 2 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I think I can understand a bit of where you're coming from. I was raised religious and the images of god presented were very, very vengeful and cruel. Then again, this god is credited with having created this particular world where most things live by ripping apart other things... It's hard for me to reason that a superbeing could judge the actions of humans as good or bad when nearly anything we do and judge is filtered through our own species' evolution. I can't understand why a god would share our morality in particular when our morality is bound to our particular evolution. It brings me some comfort to think that if there is a superbeing and there's any objective morality, the being's likely more morally distant from us than we are technologically distant from ants. Or maybe a superbeing that created this world would be malevolent, in which case there's likely nothing I could do... But I hope there's nothing. I hope once we die that's it for consciousness.

Hope you find something that brings you comfort.

Don't forget that we are also shaped completely by our brains, genes, and experiences and we don't get to pick any of those.

Reactions: justanotherday and Exile
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
My only fear is the microscopic chance that my consciousness would continue in any way.

Reactions: Redt2go and KiraLittleOwl
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I really don't share your fear of what comes after. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what's there - as long as it isn't heaven or hell.

Reactions: Ashpac, EmotionlessWanderer, Meretlein and 2 others
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I'm just scared of non-existence. It's not a rational, but programmed and genetic fear. Not everybody seems to have it though. This would make an interesting study of comparison, as long as the researchers wouldn't fuck it up.

Reactions: Its almost time, EmotionlessWanderer and Meretlein
D

dmoroden

Feb 13, 2019
the thought of reincarnation scares me af...

also what @Exile said "...the microscopic chance that my consciousness would continue in any way"

F

F_ckthisplace

Feb 26, 2019
I'm not scared of oblivion, I've been there before

T

tony.end

Aug 11, 2018
the thought of reincarnation scares me af...

also what @Exile said "...the microscopic chance that my consciousness would continue in any way"
as soon is I don't reincarnate in myself anything would be better.

By the way, you got to realize that consciousness lies in the mind, the brain, so it's just a series of refined physical processes and it's not detachable from the body. So, for how fascinating it may sound, it's not at all logical to think of reincarnating into another body/mind. At least that's what I think.

And if you're scared that consciousness is going to "continue in any way", just keep in mind that before a few months will have passed (likely even sooner, like few weeks) your body will have gone through decomposition so your brain won't be as intact to preserve any of its functions but it will be destroyed into millions of pieces.
Actually autolysis begins in the brain so.. bye bye consciousness

Reactions: dmoroden
D

dmoroden

Feb 13, 2019
as soon is I don't reincarnate in myself anything would be better.

By the way, you got to realize that consciousness lies in the mind, the brain, so it's just a series of refined physical processes and it's not detachable from the body. So, for how fascinating it may sound, it's not at all logical to think of reincarnating into another body/mind. At least that's what I think.

And if you're scared that consciousness is going to "continue in any way", just keep in mind that before a few months will have passed (likely even sooner, like few weeks) your body will have gone through decomposition so your brain won't be as intact to preserve any of its functions but it will be destroyed into millions of pieces.
Actually autolysis begins in the brain so.. bye bye consciousness
Thanks! that helped a little :D

Reactions: tony.end