Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I don't see the point in going to museums or the park or for walks. So pointless. I have anhedonia so it's doubly pointless, especially when you're doing everything alone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Geengezondementalit, Lammpz, TheSoulless and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't go out a lot, only for the necessary things, mainly buying food and things like that.

I have no social anxiety and the like, I'd like to travel, go out and do other things but I do not have the financial means to take part in that kind of "social life" anymore.

So I'm kinda forced to stay at home.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, BrainShower, TheSpookyNameGuy and 2 others
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I don't go out a lot, only for the necessary things, mainly buying food and things like that.

I have no social anxiety and the like, I'd like to travel, go out and do other things but I do not have the financial means to take part in that kind of "social life" anymore.

So I'm kinda forced to stay at home.
What do you do at home?

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Reactions: BrainShower and sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I do. Nothing really makes me want to go outside. I only go outside if I need to

Reactions: sserafim
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
Yeah I'm that type of person, there isn't anything that's preventing me from going outside but there is nothing much to do or visit around the area I live in except stores. I only go when it's neccessary.

Reactions: Skathon, kermudgeon and sserafim
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I am in total hibernation.

The last time I was out of my house was Christmas Day.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Geengezondementalit, Skathon, kawaiiphantom and 4 others
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I sometimes go for a run every once in a while just to get some exercise but apart from that I only leave if I absolutely must.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Ambivalent1 and sserafim
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Exit Through the Gift Shop
Feb 8, 2024
I open the door to take out the dogs or to go get groceries. I wish we had a dog door and I wish I could afford grocery delivery because I hate leaving my house.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kawaiiphantom and sserafim
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
How come it's so common for us to only leave when necessary and to feel it's a waste to walk around aimlessly at the park?

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kermudgeon, sserafim and 1 other person
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
Yes definitely, I only leave my room if I'm extremely hungry, or to try to help with chores when no one's home. Luckily I have my own bathroom which I DEFINITELY dont deserve I dont deserve to have a room either. Although I've rarely had my own bedroom throughout my life was always sleeping in living rooms before

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim and Ambivalent1
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I go out very often but I'm all alone. I like nature and spend time. It's peaceful and that is actually good to get away from other humans and forget about the world.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kawaiiphantom, kermudgeon and 1 other person
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Feb 8, 2024
or to try to help with chores when no one's home
I only like to do chores when I'm home alone too! I just hate being watched... I know it's my mental illness, but I misconstrue anyone in the vicinity who happens to look at me as staring, and I fucking hate being stared at. It's unhelpful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Ambivalent1 and kawaiiphantom
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
I only like to do chores when I'm home alone too! I just hate being watched... I know it's my mental illness, but I misconstrue anyone in the vicinity who happens to look at me as staring, and I fucking hate being stared at. It's unhelpful.
RIGHT, I feel the same exact way!!! 🖤 I hate having eyes on me, I feel like I'm being stared at whenever someone's around as well :'<

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and kermudgeon
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I've become very reclusive.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Praestat_Mori, TheSpookyNameGuy and 2 others
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
I go out very often but I'm all alone. I like nature and spend time. It's peaceful and that is actually good to get away from other humans and forget about the world.
Awh that's awesome ❤️ I love nature too 🌸🍃 if I was in an area where I could be around nature without being around people I would definitely do that. If I live long enough I really want to move to countryside somewhere in Southern Japan. Do you ever read/draw/do other things while sitting in nature if it's okay to ask?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
@kawaiiphantom I read sometimes outside, less so draw and go swimming in a near by lake each summer. It's among my favourite activities. I also ride my bike all the time or go hiking. I come from a very rural area so that helps too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, Praestat_Mori and kawaiiphantom
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
How about being complained about? Apartment neighbors do that and I hate it.

kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Feb 8, 2024
How about being complained about? Apartment neighbors do that and I hate it.
Luckily I'm back at home so I don't have to worry about it much, but when I live in apartments I'm so afraid to make noise- I don't really get complaints as far as I know.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Ambivalent1
soulessbunny

soulessbunny

Oct 27, 2023
I used to just find an excuse to go out, I'd walk like 3 miles just to get a drink or something simple, then moved and unfortunately in a place that doesn't have many paths, and I don't know my way round or anyone to show so I'm kinda stuck- but wasn't a fan of ppl always looking , makes u question how ones walks lol, I could walk for hour and literally avoid everyone…but thank heavens for interactive fitness I can go skiing, running, from comfort of barn. So till I move whether to place with my partner or a diff realm, I'm stuck in a virtual world….yay to bein introvert and neurodivergent

Reactions: kermudgeon and Praestat_Mori
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Luckily I'm back at home so I don't have to worry about it much, but when I live in apartments I'm so afraid to make noise- I don't really get complaints as far as I know.
Same fear. It sucks. Especially when they say they don't mind but you can hear them complain through the wall. Fucking liars

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and kermudgeon
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I only go out for work or shopping.

I take the same route and never deviate, i walk it like im in a trance and not really there.

Every other direction i could go feels fake like LOD in a video game. I look at the forest outside my kitchen window and i just see a 2D painting.

To walk all these other places doesn't feel possible, ive become an NPC that is self aware.

Im trapped on this rail unable to deviate..

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, BrainShower, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
extreme social anxiety/agoraphobia

out....outside? whats that?

• Hugs
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Not really. I don't have a single real life friend so I usually just go out to buy necessities. I used to walk around the local parks or just walk as far as possible to clear my head but don't do so much anymore.

Reactions: sserafim, kermudgeon, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
How come it's so common for us to only leave when necessary and to feel it's a waste to walk around aimlessly at the park?
That's a good question. My problems are following me everywhere, I can't relax or "forget" about them when I do other activities. What's the point then?

Sure, when there're only the regular / average problems the majority has it's easy to "forget" about them when doing other activities but not when they are too big, too severe, too unsolvable.

Reactions: sserafim, cold_severance, Ambivalent1 and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
That's a good question. My problems are following me everywhere, I can't relax or "forget" about them when I do other activities. What's the point then?

Sure, when there're only the regular / average problems the majority has it's easy to "forget" about them when doing other activities but not when they are too big, too severe, too unsolvable.
Makes sense. Going to the park means having to go there, wonder why I'm there, suffer from my problems, and be bored.

Reactions: kermudgeon
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Feb 8, 2024
I used to just find an excuse to go out, I'd walk like 3 miles just to get a drink or something simple, then moved and unfortunately in a place that doesn't have many paths, and I don't know my way round or anyone to show so I'm kinda stuck- but wasn't a fan of ppl always looking , makes u question how ones walks lol, I could walk for hour and literally avoid everyone…but thank heavens for interactive fitness I can go skiing, running, from comfort of barn. So till I move whether to place with my partner or a diff realm, I'm stuck in a virtual world….yay to bein introvert and neurodivergent

When I lived in Portland Oregon I would get off the max (light rail) stops ahead of time and just walk and walk. I really miss the availability of trails and also the anonymity of a large city.

Where I live now is just over 1000 people and flat and surrounded by corn. It's garbage.

Maybe if I weren't autistic I might have ended up somewhere better but I'll never know.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I usually only go outside once every several months.