V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
I was on a plane and strangers all over were talking and actually enjoying it! People have mostly been a source of pain for me. Fuck them all.

• Hugs
Reactions: MourningHeart, Essence, Circles and 2 others
T

truthseeker

Student
Sep 9, 2019
The kindness of strangers can be powerful at times, my pain comes more from people I've known.

Reactions: Circles, Ambie, MeltingHeart and 3 others
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I was on a plane and strangers all over were talking and actually enjoying it! People have mostly been a source of pain for me. Fuck them all.
Most of the time I don't get it. I feel the same way at work--I suppose it has to do with "normalcy": the average person with average social skills tends to enjoy talking, probably to hear themselves talk or discuss themselves, whereas if your life is at best fairly shitty, then where's the incentive? Small-talk seems the strangest: discussing absolutely nothing in a rote manner as if it were obligatory.

Reactions: MourningHeart, Circles, Ambie and 3 others
B

blahblah

Oct 26, 2019
I can do this sometimes, in probably quite a limited capacity. I'm usually faking it. Other times it's absolutely painful and impossible.

Reactions: Circles
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
I suppose it has to do with "normalcy": the average person with average social skills tends to enjoy talking, probably to hear themselves talk or discuss themselves
ok but u could also argue that sociopaths and narcissists like to do that too

Reactions: MourningHeart and azucaramargo
U

UnNicE

Oct 28, 2019
i can enjoy that, when I'm not depressed so mich, but thats not very often.

V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
I wish I was a sociopath. Charming, generally good looking, manipulative, no moral hang ups. Ahhh bliss

Reactions: Essence and Circles
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
My ex was a sociopath, I had a gut feeling about the beyotch and it turned out correct....always trust your gut feeling
Peace/hugs

Reactions: MourningHeart, Essence and Circles
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I feel that whenever I am with people. Feel so out of place

Reactions: MourningHeart, Circles, Ambie and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
The kindness of strangers can be powerful at times, my pain comes more from people I've known.
I feel the same.
True 'dat. Embarrassingly, I'd arguably fall into the latter category (i.e., narcissist) with borderline and crap, but I LOVE me some talking with strangers. It's exciting and new and not all this baggage. A chance to learn new stuff and get new information. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents -- as someone who loves talking with strangers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nem and Circles
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
[/QUOTE] Small-talk seems the strangest: discussing absolutely nothing in a rote manner as if it were obligatory.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about small talk being intolerable. I feel that with strangers, however, I feel less inhibited, and will gleefully spill my guts because I'll probably never see them again. With people you know and interact with regularly, then you have to be more mindful of what you and say & adjust your statements to that person's perspective, with which one should ostensibly be familiar.

I love flapping my gate to a pair of virgin ears, whose backstory/personal experience I'm not expected to take into account. Just wanted to give you the perspective of someone who loves to talk with strangers. It can be freeing. It's also a chance to present oneself in a totally different light. All my friends and family know about my struggles with depression, underemployment, loneliness, blah, blah, blah. For a few minutes with a stranger, I can pretend I'm free from those shackles.