Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I don't miss anyone I've known who has died. It's not because they were bad. It's because they're irrelevant now that they're dead. I don't need to see them again.

Reactions: acerace and sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes but, not for the same reasons. I'd like to see the people that have died in my life again. I have far more people I loved who are dead now rather than alive. For me, it's a simple look at this world though. Do I want to go to another place created by the same architect of this world? Erm- no! If there is a God, i can't see how they can be good. I'm hoping there's nothing now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ambivalent1, doormat25, hikikomorizombie and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What does the title have to do with your post? They seem like completely different topics. Anyways, going from the title, yes, I don't find religion comforting or desirable at all. For one, I felt extremely uncomfortable when I was religious at how my sleeping schedule got fucked because of prayer times and sleeping is the only thing in life that temporarily helps me. Additionally, I also got uncomfortable at how, every year, I had to spend a month where I didn't eat or drink anything during the day (now you must know which religion I'm talking about) and I also dislike at how I'm forced to do this for a month every year all because I live with my parents who will make sure that I follow the religion. These aren't the main reasons why I left the religion, far from it actually, but they do make me uncomfortable

Also, I found it uncomfortable at how I was forced to suffer by a god and I thought it didn't make sense for a god who is all powerful, and who happens to fucking be conveniently dormant when humans require proof of god's existence, to allow us to suffer this much. If any person were to have a belief about their imaginary friend being god instead, people would call them delusional but suddenly being part of a major religion is considered as logical? This just proves that indoctrination is extremely powerful

Reactions: sserafim
Vivir_O_No

Vivir_O_No

Dec 10, 2023
Yes, I've tried to belive in God in the past, but it just doesn't work. I tend to believe God is evil, doesn't exist, or is just a blind force.

Reactions: Ambivalent1, reclaimedbynature and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I was born and raised atheist and I don't find religion comforting or desirable because I believe that it's all fake (even though I do have some Buddhist and new age beliefs). I believe that the Abrahamic religions are fake and are mainly used to control people. I believe that people created religion and God to explain things that they couldn't explain at that time. There's no evidence God exists or that a creator created this world, and nowadays we know science like evolution. I think that religion (especially Abrahamic ones) also speaks to human hubris and pride, how humans are so important and special that the creator especially created them. I don't know or understand how people can believe in something with blind faith and no evidence…

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambivalent1, ijustwishtodie and EvisceratedJester
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
What does the title have to do with your post? They seem like completely different topics. Anyways, going from the title, yes, I don't find religion comforting or desirable at all. For one, I felt extremely uncomfortable when I was religious at how my sleeping schedule got fucked because of prayer times and sleeping is the only thing in life that temporarily helps me. Additionally, I also got uncomfortable at how, every year, I had to spend a month where I didn't eat or drink anything during the day (now you must know which religion I'm talking about) and I also dislike at how I'm forced to do this for a month every year all because I live with my parents who will make sure that I follow the religion. These aren't the main reasons why I left the religion, far from it actually, but they do make me uncomfortable

Also, I found it uncomfortable at how I was forced to suffer by a god and I thought it didn't make sense for a god who is all powerful, and who happens to fucking be conveniently dormant when humans require proof of god's existence, to allow us to suffer this much. If any person were to have a belief about their imaginary friend being god instead, people would call them delusional but suddenly being part of a major religion is considered as logical? This just proves that indoctrination is extremely powerful
The connection is that people who care about seeing dead loved ones find religion desirable.

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
The connection is that people who care about seeing dead loved ones find religion desirable.
i want to see dead loved ones but i don't find religion desirable.

i personally believe in a creator, i think that creator made the two particles that made the big bang, etc. When i look at nature and/or science and see how everything is connected, i can't believe it's all a random coincidence. For example if earth was closer to the sun we'd all burn, if earth was further away from the sun we'd all freeze. Look at the importance of bees 🐝 There would be too many coincidences for me to believe that there wasn't a creator.

Do i believe that creator is worthy of praise? No

That creator either created evil or sat back and allowed evil to exist, if the creator is all knowing then they knew the outcome of evil.

i personally feel like Satan is used as a scapegoat. Good can't exist without bad. So a creator created bad to make themselves look good and worthy of praise. i personally feel the creator is the problem.

Religious people talk about freewill to let their God off the hook. They forget who must have gave mankind freewill. Who created hell? A "loving" God? That allows people to do whatever they want but unless they choose to kiss their ass they get sent to hell to suffer for eternity? i can't praise that.