• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
there's a few cemetery parks where i live and i like to go there to walk around. not very many people there and it's usually peaceful. i have always liked cemeteries. when i was in high school i used to visit a cemetery on my way to school to walk around and look at the tombstones. theres a really calm energy in cemeteries that i like.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dandelion, Lifeisatrap, not_a_robot and 4 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I enjoy cemetaries a lot, even though I have no intention of ever being put in one. For a while I lived near Graceland Cemetary in Chicago - that one's quite trippy and if you like cemetaries it's worth googling it.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, not_a_robot, Pineapplecrown and 2 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I like them but have not been to one for a long time.
There is something eerily peaceful about them.
But like Soul, I'm not sure I want to be put in one and rubbed up against all those other plots.
Not my body in a coffin anyways. Maybe some of my ashes.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, not_a_robot and AtomicNewt
AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
Of course. Used to take the long way home from school to walk through the cemetery, felt calm there. Southampton has an amazing huge old gothic Victorian cemetery, can get lost for hours. Liked to hunt out particular graves at times, like the titanic ones or teenager that got struck by lightening there. There was one for a railway worker who died on the tracks and it had a big train on the top. We just don't do death as well now. Guess I was probably always a little odd.

• Love
Reactions: Hopeindeath!, Lifeisatrap, Soul and 1 other person
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I've visited one cemetery in recent memory, and it was a very... interesting experience. Granted, it was an old one that had been converted into a tourist spot, but still, it was a soothing few hours, which is extremely unusual for me at most tourist spots.

The place was unnaturally peaceful, and even though I went there with friends, I was able to relax. One of the things that I noticed was the reduction in the size of the graves over time. I particularly remember that a child buried in the 1780s got a 4m3m2m tomb, and a family of 6 got a small shrine-like structure about that size in the 1850s.

Reactions: Circles, Lifeisatrap, not_a_robot and 3 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
All my life. I had a side-job that required me to tour beautiful old cemeteries when I was 20, loved it.
I am currently carless and poor but when I had a car, driving around looking cemeteries was one of the main ways I spent my spare time. I tried not to be too disrespectful to the dead but I figured the forgotten ones were probably grateful for the company.
I gave up the car when I realized all I ever used it for was driving around looking for places to be alone. I can be alone at home.

• Love
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, TimeToDie, Pineapplecrown and 1 other person
JohnUK

JohnUK

Student
Feb 15, 2019
I like being around crematorium more than cemeteries. Looking at the smoke when the burners are active and think lucky people who are no longer here. Painful I know but I wish sometimes I could break in to the building get to the burner, open the door, time the doors to close after let's say 10 seconds, get in and wait for the doors to close and let the program do its thing

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and not_a_robot
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
No. They creep me out. I don't want to be in one, but I don't want to be here.

Reactions: Circles, Lifeisatrap and not_a_robot
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
there's a few cemetery parks where i live and i like to go there to walk around. not very many people there and it's usually peaceful. i have always liked cemeteries. when i was in high school i used to visit a cemetery on my way to school to walk around and look at the tombstones. theres a really calm energy in cemeteries that i like.
This calls to me. I like to go in cemeteries, rest on a bench, read all those names and imagine their lives.

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Ive not been to one for years and last time i went in the one near me i saw a Frederick Krueger monument ! :shy:

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
Yes. All the time. They're very peaceful, and the living rarely show up.

Reactions: not_a_robot, Lifeisatrap and Kringle's Curse
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
Ah the good ole days of sneaking off with friends to smoke weed at the cemetary... I think they're a pretty trippy place to hangout in, until you see the grave of a child, that shit hits you like a ton of bricks!

S

sui3

Mar 25, 2019
I went to a cemetery the last days and it was haunting, it was an old cemetery, where you can see the coffins in those small cemetery houses, did some of you also see something like that? Is that common? What was also interesting and strange was that here it seems common to open the doors and kind of chillout with the coffin. It reminded me a little of this easyness with death the people have when they live at a cemeteries. But ussualy I feel more calm at cemeteries. This was different... who can relate?

Reactions: not_a_robot and Lifeisatrap
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
When i was at secondary school the stairwell overlooked the local cemetery, i used to spend hours just sitting there thinking you lucky buggers.
Even nowdays if i see a hearse i mutter you lucky bugger...

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: not_a_robot, Lifeisatrap, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
Kringle's Curse

Kringle's Curse

May 1, 2019
I love being at a cemetery, like others said it's so peaceful. I'd love to kill myself at one.

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot, Lifeisatrap and marcusuk63
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
My best cemetery story. I never knew my great grandparents, but they both had very distinctive names that I never forgot when my mom told me them for a family-tree project in fourth grade.
My family life was awful (because of dad not mom), I had left home at 18 and never looked back at my original small town my parents were from, avoided that whole part of country.
Lost a job at 29 and my dad was trying to bribe me with cash to love him again, so I went back. Took a day driving around small towns all over the state just to get high and collect myself (my dad plays Mr. Nice Guy but he is in fact a brutal psychopath who used to kill our family dogs and nearly killed my mother many times). Was driving in the midst of nowhere, empty little road with nothing but bored cops every few miles who will ticket you for spitting.
And I suddenly needed to pee, so urgently , no businesses or restrooms around for miles. I start frantically looking for a good place to pull over and squat, there's nothing. Go around a curve, there's a tiny cemetery. Most stones not big enough to squat behind. Pulled in, drove to the back, looking for a suitable stone, but finally my bladder forced me to just stop behind the closest small one and piss.
Afterward very relieved, I figured I should at least read the stone. Walk around to the front. It was Great Grandma and Grandpa.
I called my mom. "I found your Grandparents' grave!"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kringle's Curse, Letmego. Please, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
I like hanging out at abandoned places tbh

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot and Lifeisatrap
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
When i was at secondary school the stairwell overlooked the local cemetery, i used to spend hours just sitting there thinking you lucky buggers.
Even nowdays if i see a hearse i mutter you lucky bugger...
my first apartment was gorgeous and the balcony overlooked a tiny forgotten cemetery that couldn't be relocated for historical reasons, hidden in a bunch of urban sprawl. I had rented it sight-unseen before I moved cross country so I knew almost nothing about it. When I saw the cemetery, I was like:
I'm Home! :happy:

• Love
Reactions: Letmego. Please and Soul
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
I used to watch for the smoke coming outta the chimney & wish it was me.