J

justkatie

Aug 25, 2024
I'm not going to go too much into my history and life as it doesn't really matter, you'll all have heard similar stories like mine before and I'm not here to look for sympathy.

I'm 40 years old and I'm exhausted with life. I'm just done. My life has been unhappy for as long as I can remember (I have two fleeting moments of happiness I can remember) and a lifetime of toil and rubbish.

I have nothing to look forward to and nobody to live for, so I just keep thinking "what's the point?"

People say things like "Well you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb up" but when I hit rock bottom, it turns out there's only more bottom to go down.

It's refreshing to have a place where I can actually be open about this without being referred to useless (for me) mental health charities.

I don't really know where I'm going with this as its my first post here. Just really a feeler to see how people react and to see if this is somewhere I want to discuss my feelings in without the "call the samaritans" nonsense like everywhere else.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HiImMisanthrope, notsadtogo, Loona6546645 and 21 others
UnrulyNightmare

UnrulyNightmare

Student
Jul 3, 2024
Don't think I've even seen people saying that on here unless it was appropriate.

Feel free to share as little or much as you want. I'm guessing a lot of people will recognize this.

Welcome to Sasu ❤️🤗

It's weird how many rock bottoms there can be. In my experience hitting something on the way down doesn't make me bounce back. 🤷‍♀️

• Love
Reactions: Loona6546645, landslide2, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
Willy Wonka

Willy Wonka

Student
Dec 15, 2021
I'm not going to go too much into my history and life as it doesn't really matter, you'll all have heard similar stories like mine before and I'm not here to look for sympathy.

I'm 40 years old and I'm exhausted with life. I'm just done. My life has been unhappy for as long as I can remember (I have two fleeting moments of happiness I can remember) and a lifetime of toil and rubbish.

I have nothing to look forward to and nobody to live for, so I just keep thinking "what's the point?"

People say things like "Well you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb up" but when I hit rock bottom, it turns out there's only more bottom to go down.

It's refreshing to have a place where I can actually be open about this without being referred to useless (for me) mental health charities.

I don't really know where I'm going with this as its my first post here. Just really a feeler to see how people react and to see if this is somewhere I want to discuss my feelings in without the "call the samaritans" nonsense like everywhere else.
I can relate 100%
Don't think I've even seen people saying that on here unless it was appropriate.

Feel free to share as little or much as you want. I'm guessing a lot of people will recognize this.

Welcome to Sasu ❤️🤗

It's weird how many rock bottoms there can be. In my experience hitting something on the way down doesn't make me bounce back. 🤷‍♀️
well said - I also wonder how often you can even hit rock bottom and how deep it should actually go to finally just be enough

Reactions: Loona6546645, pthnrdnojvsc and justkatie
J

justkatie

Aug 25, 2024

Welcome to Sasu ❤️🤗

That's one of the biggest things. There's never a bounce back, you just learn to accept your new and worse situation until it becomes the norm haha.

Reactions: Loona6546645 and Heartaches
UnrulyNightmare

UnrulyNightmare

Student
Jul 3, 2024
That's one of the biggest things. There's never a bounce back, you just learn to accept your new and worse situation until it becomes the norm haha.
Precisely! Haha and if I don't get used to it I laugh about because crying is of no use.
Its exhausting 🤗

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and justkatie
HiddenPain

HiddenPain

Fading 🥀
Jul 24, 2024
Can really relate to this, I'm not sure rock bottom is even a thing, life feels more like a bottomless hole and you can always fall a little deeper.

Reactions: Lovewasneverenuff, Loona6546645, hereornot and 4 others
Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
Haha, I'm still hitting rock bottom. Where is the light in all this madness and chaos? I don't know. Years and years of living to reach peace and love, but still, the world is cruel. Self-love is undoubtedly hard—you can't be self-sufficient, especially when parents like mine only showed interest in boosting their ego or serving their own interests.

Reactions: Loona6546645 and justkatie
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I'll be 40 in a few months and I can absolutely relate. My health has declined over the last decade, and I'm always having to get used to an even worse version of me.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and justkatie
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
Welcome to SaSu :)

I can relate. I'm younger but don't hold a lot of faith in life. I've tried so much, but ultimately, those efforts have never been able to keep me away from hitting rock bottom frequently. I don't feel anything gets better for long, it's just an illusion to keep going, constantly fighting against yourself. It wears you down.​

Reactions: justkatie
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm exhausted with life as well and the thing that I hate the most is that I didn't choose to be alive. I never asked for any of this. I just want to sleep forever and never wake up

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: charcoalcat, Loona6546645, Adûnâi and 10 others
W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
I can relate to this. I used to tell myself I could change, I could find happiness. Now my health has declined and I can't do anything about it, can't improve my situation. I look back at my life and realize all the places I thought were rock bottom were actually better than this. I was just deluding myself all those years, working hard and never really finding peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: escape_from_hell and lizzywizzy09
D

Dresden45

Mar 12, 2024

I agree, Katie, it's a huge relief to have a forum like this where people can be honest about how they feel. It's really exhausting keeping up a happy front all the time. It's infuriating the way mental health charities carry on as if there's an answer for everybody and we all need to stay alive. One of the things that makes me laugh most is when they advise you to speak to' friends and family', if you're 'feeling down'. What if you don't have any friends or family? In my experience the quickest way to see the back of your 'friends' is to tell them honestly how you're feeling - which I haven't actually done very much anyway.

B

bland_mammal

Aug 25, 2024
Maybe the point of life is watching cute puppy videos on the Internet, or maybe it's crying alone in your apartment, car, or bathroom stall. I don't have the answer.

I'm not at rock bottom – at least I don't feel like I'm at rock bottom yet. It still sucks, though. If it sucks this much and I'm not even at rock bottom, bah!

Reactions: Loona6546645, fkyou, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
With the ignorance of mental illness yes

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Been exhausted for years, looking forward to eternal nothingness.

Reactions: Loona6546645, lizzywizzy09, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I completely relate. I'm 44 and I've just had enough basically. It's not like it's all been terrible, although there have been some terrible bits and more to come, I have no doubt. It's more for me the overall feeling that it's all so much hard work and it simply isn't worth it.

I'm not sure I want to wait for rock bottom to promt me to get out of here. I'm hoping just the fear of it on the horizon will make me quit while I'm (comparitively) further ahead. Welcome to the forum though. I hope you find some sollace here. Feels like we need to cling to what we can while we're stuck here.

Reactions: Loona6546645, hereornot, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I'm certainly so tired of suffering in this existence, in fact the tiredness I feel is one that only eternal sleep can bring me relief from, I only hope to never exist again, existing truly has caused me nothing but pain.

Reactions: Loona6546645, sserafim and Qevyn
Q

Qevyn

Aug 25, 2024

I agree. I've been referred to help lines, been admitted to psych wards, taken (& still taking) antidepressants, talked to therapists & psychiatrists & some (few remaining) family members. I'm just SO TIRED of it all.

ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
42 here and yes I am just exhuasted by everything and anything. I used to enjoy a few things now even doing those is exhausting. I remember enjoying playing video games and doing little things here and there, but it's not nothing brings me joy or even a bit of happiness. I get up,take care of my animals and wife and then I sit here in my head because it's been too hot to go for walk or anything. I don't like people and have no friends. I am just merely existing and going through the motions. been in wards, taking mind bending antidepressants, dealt with loss on a large scale throughout my existence. May have the bare essentials in life to "live" but happiness is nothing more than a fleeting wish that will never come to pass. can't wait for it all to be over.

Reactions: Loona6546645
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024

🤗

H

HopeToStay

May 31, 2024
I'm 39 and i know how you feel. Since COVID i go into every year with goals and ambitions and i end the year failing to achieve them because some brand new problem has emerged. I thought lockdown was rough but those times seem like a dream compared to my current life. This year has been a particular disaster due to job, finances and health.

At some point you start wondering if the trajectory can change. It's starting to feel like the endgame.

D

Dresden45

Mar 12, 2024
Yes, I completely relate. I'm 44 and I've just had enough basically. It's not like it's all been terrible, although there have been some terrible bits and more to come, I have no doubt. It's more for me the overall feeling that it's all so much hard work and it simply isn't worth it.

I'm not sure I want to wait for rock bottom to promt me to get out of here. I'm hoping just the fear of it on the horizon will make me quit while I'm (comparitively) further ahead. Welcome to the forum though. I hope you find some sollace here. Feels like we need to cling to what we can while we're stuck here.
I'm 63 - it's been a God-awful effort to get this far and I just can't pretend it's been worth it. I feel like I've been invisible my whole life and now I'm an old woman with no family even more so. I just wish I hadn't tried.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, justkatie and Loona6546645
sweetcreep

sweetcreep

Jul 21, 2024
yeah i feel so similar. i've just been kinda going through the motions for a while now and will continue to do so until i ctb. i dont have any hobbies, no close social circle or anything to really look forward to. everything feels pretty tedious and meaningless. i just want to sleep.

Reactions: justkatie, Loona6546645 and sserafim
N

notsadtogo

Aug 23, 2024
I too have recently joined and have been reading thru the threads and this is the one I've been looking for. I'm 57 now and for the last 10 years I've felt this way. Tired. Tired of pretending to family that everything is good, tired of putting on happy faces at work just wanting this all to stop. I truly hope when I do ctb there is nothing.

• Love
Reactions: justkatie and Loona6546645