Jul 5, 2020
It's awful, words can't describe this unfairness. My heart goes up to you. :aw:

• Hugs
Reactions: rabbithole
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I understand. There was a case in the Netherlands where a young woman with severe mental health problems was on the list for assisted suicide after so much failed treatment. She backed out in the end as I personally wouldn't die for my mental health reasons but my chronic pain as I ultimately respect your stance.

• Hugs
Reactions: rabbithole
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Kudos for your perseverance and open-mindedness to try various interventions. If you haven't already done so, you might examine your diet closely and consider trying drastic dietary interventions.

I've tried everything with respect to diet, and can tell you that many of my serious physical and mental health issues are directly linked. Others on-line share the same sort of results through learning what their respective diets are doing to them - both physically and mentally.

If disciplined with diet, you can look into an elimination diet, a ketogenic diet, a carnivore diet, a fruitarian diet, or an 80-10-10 diet, etc.

If you handle fats well, I would take a close look at the ketogenic diet, in particular, as there are therapeutic usages from the medical community over the years with keto. In fact, it was used as the exclusive intervention for epilepsy in children prior to the advent of suitable pharmaceuticals.

No one size fits all; what works for one does not work for another, and the internet is filled with people who have resolved mental and physical health conditions through drastic/extreme dietary interventions, including myself, and a few of my friends, who wisely have listened to me.

I learned to take the approach that anything I'm feeling physically or mentally is caused by and can be corrected by what I'm putting into my mouth (food, beverage, supplements, mints, gum, toothpaste, etc). I've cured many a condition over the years with this approach, and I continue, to this moment, to try and cure others almients.

At minimum, if you're motivated to try dietary changes, then get 100% off all processed foods. The one commonality with my all my years of research, and personal trial and error, is that the interventions that work all involve getting off all processed foods and all food chemicals.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Nodscene

Nodscene

Its time
Jun 7, 2019
Sadly I'm sure this thread may get long.

Sorry to hear about everyone's situation. There is so much pain and suffering but very little help (or worse) from the medical community.

I also suffer from severe chronic pain along with drug resistant depression and 3 sleeping disorders (would probably be considered chronic fatigue now).

Just had a failed attempt recently which caused me to lose my doctor (he lived in another city because there are no doctors accepting patients in my town but I guess there is some rule about how far away your doctor can be...mine was 8 hrs away from when I lived in Toronto).

So now that I can't get a doctor (even if I did no one wants to prescribe opiods anymore) and I'll be out of meds in a month or two.....thank God I saved some meds when I had the chance). So that's going to be my timeframe for succeeding in my next attempt because the pain is literally unbearable.

I feel for anyone in this position or something similar. Having no quality of life is no way to live and I see it way too often. While it may not sound like much at least you have what you need to get the job done. Maybe it's just me but SN and the anti-enemics aren't as easy to find and get in Canada. Hoping to at least hear back from one lab about their SN purity.

Anyways, I probably have a different outlook and don't find it a bad thing to be looking at ending things. Maybe because it's something I've been seriously considering for 30 years (I'm 48 now and hopefully won't hit 49 in March) and is just normal for me.

I just wish I had better luck as I'm still here after a few failed attempts and 2 car accidents at highway speeds where I rolled the car. My sister says I'm lucky as I really shouldn't have made it after my last try as I was also severely sick with a fever of 103.7, my heart stopped a couple times and had to be flown (by helicopter) 4hrs to another hospital for surgery. Even though I have a DNR tattoo as well as both my sister and father trying to respect my wishes the doctor still revived me.

I have to make sure to go to the hospital to get a DNR filled out so this doesn't happen again.

That may be something others may want to consider as well. I did previously ask for one when I had a kidney infection but they said they usually only fill them out when you are in the hospital and have the potential for needing one. This time I won't accept no for an answer.

To everyone else suffering I hope you either get better or find peace in whatever manner you desire. No one deserves to be in pain 24/7 wether that's physical, mental or both.

• Hugs
Reactions: the_final_countdown, Pookie, awfullife and 2 others
J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Sorry to hear you've also got Lyme. I've heard a lot of horror stories about getting floxed.

Yeah I am basically just treading water at this point. Taking antibiotics seems to suppress the symptoms by maybe 30%. Even that level of relief is still not great, but better than nothing. But if I stop taking them for even a couple of weeks everything comes raging back.

A lot of Lyme people commit suicide it's true. I just don't know what other option there is really. I can't imagine living like this for much longer.
Sorry to hear that. Really sorry that you're going through such a hard illness such as this. Do the antibiotics help pain at all if you happen to have pain?
Kudos for your perseverance and open-mindedness to try various interventions. If you haven't already done so, you might examine your diet closely and consider trying drastic dietary interventions.

I've tried everything with respect to diet, and can tell you that many of my serious physical and mental health issues are directly linked. Others on-line share the same sort of results through learning what their respective diets are doing to them - both physically and mentally.

If disciplined with diet, you can look into an elimination diet, a ketogenic diet, a carnivore diet, a fruitarian diet, or an 80-10-10 diet, etc.

If you handle fats well, I would take a close look at the ketogenic diet, in particular, as there are therapeutic usages from the medical community over the years with keto. In fact, it was used as the exclusive intervention for epilepsy in children prior to the advent of suitable pharmaceuticals.

No one size fits all; what works for one does not work for another, and the internet is filled with people who have resolved mental and physical health conditions through drastic/extreme dietary interventions, including myself, and a few of my friends, who wisely have listened to me.

I learned to take the approach that anything I'm feeling physically or mentally is caused by and can be corrected by what I'm putting into my mouth (food, beverage, supplements, mints, gum, toothpaste, etc). I've cured many a condition over the years with this approach, and I continue, to this moment, to try and cure others almients.

At minimum, if you're motivated to try dietary changes, then get 100% off all processed foods. The one commonality with my all my years of research, and personal trial and error, is that the interventions that work all involve getting off all processed foods and all food chemicals.
Thanks for this information and you are exactly right about diet! I've tried to go on a ketogenic diet and I feel sick when I do. My body starts to tremble if I don't get carbohydrates. I did eliminate all sugar, soy, and gluten many years ago. I don't eat any processed foods. I only eat single-ingredient Foods.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_final_countdown
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Sorry to hear that. Really sorry that you're going through such a hard illness such as this. Do the antibiotics help pain at all if you happen to have pain?

I don't have a lot of physical pain anymore. It's one of the symptoms that did resolve with treatment in the early years thankfully. So I have made progress but sort of hit a wall a few years in. For me my body has gotten better (used to have a lot of tendon issues) but now left primarily with neurolyme as it's been much harder to kill stuff in the CNS effectively.

• Hugs
Reactions: PureMetanoia
J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I don't have a lot of physical pain anymore. It's one of the symptoms that did resolve with treatment in the early years thankfully. So I have made progress but sort of hit a wall a few years in. For me my body has gotten better (used to have a lot of tendon issues) but now left primarily with neurolyme as it's been much harder to kill stuff in the CNS effectively.
I'm glad you don't have a lot of physical pain but sorry to hear you have a lot of the neuro Lyme symptoms. When you took antibiotics did you have pain at all and if so did the antibiotics help the pain?

rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
I understand. There was a case in the Netherlands where a young woman with severe mental health problems was on the list for assisted suicide after so much failed treatment. She backed out in the end as I personally wouldn't die for my mental health reasons but my chronic pain as I ultimately respect your stance.
Same. I wouldnt die for my mental health either. It's my physical health that scares me so bad and makes life so difficult.
Same. I wouldnt die for my mental health either. It's my physical health that scares me so bad and makes life so difficult.
I am so sorry you're also dealing with chronic pain. It crushes your will to live.

Thank you so much for your in-depth reply. It's super kind of you. I did try carnivore but not for very long. Unfortunately I'm horribly depressed because I lost all sensation in the "saddle" area so I have no sexual function and a leaky bladder. This can't be fixed with any dietary changes and causes me a lot of anguish. I feel entirely destined to ctb and I hate it. I wish I could accept what can't be changed and move forward but I don't want to even know what "forward" looks like.

I am so sorry you're also dealing with chronic pain. It crushes your will to live.

Thank you so much for your in-depth reply. It's super kind of you. I did try carnivore but not for very long. Unfortunately I'm horribly depressed because I lost all sensation in the "saddle" area so I have no sexual function and a leaky bladder. This can't be fixed with any dietary changes and causes me a lot of anguish. I feel entirely destined to ctb and I hate it. I wish I could accept what can't be changed and move forward but I don't want to even know what "forward" looks like.
Maybe a dietary change could help me accept things though. I should be open to that.

sorry if I seemed dismissive. I guess I've given up. I'm supposed to be filling out paperwork for TMS but I keep misplacing and losing things because my mind is so fogged up with suicidal thoughts.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: the_final_countdown
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You got that right! I could not figure out why I felt so terrible today then looked at the chips I ate and realized they did it to me.

Last edited:
H

hellonearth1

Nov 28, 2020
Late stage Lyme disease. Been trying to treat it for 8 years but not really getting anywhere and losing hope. It's frustrating because some people do manage to get better, but it seems like a complete lottery. So one part of me wants to keep spinning the wheel and trying different treatments but sort of running out of steam at this point.

What about you?
Hi greyhound I'm so sorry to hear that you have been suffering so much. I also have Lyme, for the past few years, although it was dormant for much longer. It has severely affected my CNS and I can no longer even tolerate any medications to treat it. I am still trying some stuff my doctor recommends but at this point it's just shooting darts. I suffer daily agony from the neuropathy caused by it. It's inhumane to have to live like this. What treatments have you tried over the years if you don't mind me asking?
I feel bad for everyone who posts here. I read about people's lives and I just can't understand why some people have it so difficult. I have suffered chronic pain for 25 years that worsened over time. It is a lonely and isolating experience. I hate my situation and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I feel sick to my stomach and profoundly sad when I think about everyone suffering with their particular problems.
I am so so sad to read this ... literally crying now. I understand completely what you're going through, I've had pain and agony and nothing else for years and it's only gotten worse. It's unimaginable how you have had to tolerate this for 25 years.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
Hi greyhound I'm so sorry to hear that you have been suffering so much. I also have Lyme, for the past few years, although it was dormant for much longer. It has severely affected my CNS and I can no longer even tolerate any medications to treat it. I am still trying some stuff my doctor recommends but at this point it's just shooting darts. I suffer daily agony from the neuropathy caused by it. It's inhumane to have to live like this. What treatments have you tried over the years if you don't mind me asking?
Really sorry to hear you've got this awful disease as well :(

I've tried a lot of stuff. Essential oils - got a lot of progress of out them, herxed a lot but no remission. Buhner Herbs, Artemisinin. Cryptolepsis, Monolaurin. Methylene Blue. Various antibiotics: Rifampin, Minocycline, Tinidazole, Roxithromycin. Anti-parasitics: Albendazole, Alinia, etc. Rife machine - herxed like crazy, almost got to partial remission. Chased mercury/heavy metal chelation for 1.5 years with Emeramide. Jumped on the Disulfiram bandwagon last year after all the hype, did it for 8 months but relapsed a couple weeks after stopping. Throughout all this I have used a sauna daily and it basically keeps me semi functional, but feels like bailing water out of a sinking ship. Thinking of trying Ozone next.

This is really a disease for the rich who don't need to work (not me). I listened to this podcast the other day with Yolanda Hadid. She must have spent 100s of thousands on treatment if not a million+. I have done a fair bit but she has literally tried everything.

Reactions: hiAbbey and the_final_countdown