girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
yeah, im studying psych, one more year till diploma..

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
I studied for 5 years nearly earning a B.S in physics. Emphasis on "nealy." Went through maths and loved calculus/linear algebra. Group theory in particular is fascinating to me. The physics was great too. An unfortunate life event stopped me just short of earning my degree, and so I am here struggling to recover and take the next steps to progress in life.

I don't think I could say I fully "grok" calculus, but I feel I have come a long way. I noticed my confidence in the material went up significantly whenever I actually read the textbook! Would highly recommend.

• Hugs
Reactions: LaVieEnRose
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
chemistry major here! linear algebra isn't that hard imo, you'll be fine :)
That's a relief!
Currently finishing my Master's.
Even though I'm in marketing, I have mathematical subjects like programming.

So I can relate to the sentiment.
I honestly couldn't imagine doing a masters. The stress of pursuing a bachelor's is awful enough. I made a big mistake and didn't respond to an introductory discussion thread because I simply didn't see it and now I'm marked as never attending that class so I'm actively trying to get that changed.
I'm about to start my second year of psychology. Although we'll be doing completely different classes, I'm interested :)
I thought about majoring in Psychology, believe it or not. I just changed it because the jobs that you can get don't seem appealing to me, personally, but the study fascinates me.
yeah, im studying psych, one more year till diploma..
Ooh, if I'm gonna be honest, I can't wait until I'm closer to the end of my degree.
I studied for 5 years nearly earning a B.S in physics. Emphasis on "nealy." Went through maths and loved calculus/linear algebra. Group theory in particular is fascinating to me. The physics was great too. An unfortunate life event stopped me just short of earning my degree, and so I am here struggling to recover and take the next steps to progress in life.

I don't think I could say I fully "grok" calculus, but I feel I have come a long way. I noticed my confidence in the material went up significantly whenever I actually read the textbook! Would highly recommend.
Major respect! I had the option for a physics elective but I avoided it and did biology instead, because physics was always hard for me to grasp.

I'm sorry about you not being able to finish it. But who knows, maybe you can recover and if you ever feel up to it, you could return and finish the degree.

Also, my ADHD makes it hard to read the textbook, and it's like it's in a foreign language at time. I watch the videos in our textbook (it's online) and it kind of helps. But for example, we're learning about L'Hopital's rule and the textbook didn't really help me understand, but a few videos from other sources broke it down better and helped me understand it.

Also my worries might have been unfounded, I'm already almost done with chapter 1 and so far, I haven't scored below a 90 on anything… Yet.

Reactions: girlsboysthems and Abandoned Character