• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
Not sure really I've thought a lot about why I am the way I am, back in 2012 I had an assessment on myself where I was told I was showing early onset symptoms of borderline personality too. You know, drugs, impulsivity, really over the top acting up etc etc... Never really got any support around it beyond that so I've just been getting progressively more mentally ill since then. Although I feel like everyone has the ability to display some "personality disorder" traits and it's only when it stops you from conforming to society or affects your own life that it becomes a disorder.

P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
Borderline apparently
Hardest thing about borderline is that it's one of the most stigmatised illnesses even among mental health professionals because it's notoriously hard to deal with borderline patients. Having read that just makes you feel kinda like scum of the earth :(

Sorry for you and everyone else that is this way.

Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
Hardest thing about borderline is that it's one of the most stigmatised illnesses even among mental health professionals because it's notoriously hard to deal with borderline patients. Having read that just makes you feel kinda like scum of the earth :(

Sorry for you and everyone else that is this way.

Not to mention all the lovely people who shriek about how anyone with BPD is abusive. Reddit in particular is pretty fucking bad for this (but it's Reddit, it's no surprise). Hits a particular shitnote with me because I suspect BPD for myself, am trying to get screened for it (and jumping through the many, many hoops of the mental health services), and the only person I'm abusive to is me.

But to hear a lot of other people talk about borderlines, we're/they're all ticking fucking time bombs.

Reactions: Panda
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
I've not been formally diagnosed but have struggled to maintain relationships due to my sensitivity about things many others take for granted it seems. I am an adult child of an alcoholic and mostly an only child growing up, and my father was often working with most of his time to support my us. But I suspect I inherited my mother's issues as I am much more like her than my father. I have found some temporary relief with dxm, tried Celexa which did not work, risperidone which made me feel awful, and currently also self-medicate with diphenhydramine which helps on the come up but then it leaves me depressed and dysphoric so there's no easy solution it seems. I suspect I have some sort of covert narcissism as well, some histrionic tendencies, bipolar, it seems a little bit of many things though never formally diagnosed.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I've been looking up my own arse all my life ... and the most empowering thing for me ... was to reflect on the whole modeling of medicalized mental illness.

It's not the only station on this rail line.

I think we can get trapped in these cultural definitions .

ok , for some it may work ...

I've had a few therapists ... they have helped ... but society / civilization ... gee fucking sus christ , cut ourselves some slack I say ....

I've thought I'm BPD ( both kinds ... border and bipolar ... )

If it empowers you to get the label , fine.

God knows I wanted to KNOW , to get a grip ... then I started to think about the process of all these labels getting made in the towers of healing ...

I'm a ' fuck the system ' kind of person ... and I think thats a lot to do with it , as in dealing with the ' well fuck you then ' feed back from the system badge wearers .

I think it may be part of some creative recovery ... to build one's own model of disquiet / despair ...

sorry for being a recovery douche ( I lay in bed all afternoon yesterday being in the 'no' , so I'm not always like this )

Reactions: Tiburcio
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I don't feel loneliness. But I consider this an advantageous trait, not a disorder -- knowing how most people out there can behave

Same here. When I'm alone, I always have myself. And me and myself are like best friends for life. So I'm never really alone.

Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
Don't know if I have any personality disorder, or what would class as one, but I have severe depression, anxiety and paranoia, selective mutism, autism, and I suspect more...I'm extremely sensitive and always think that I feel more deeply than anyone else, and I'm arrogant and think most other people are fake. Also, I think I might be a pyschopath or a sociopath or just plain sadistic because I often want to hurt people.