LostSoul1609

LostSoul1609

Experienced
Mar 9, 2021
I think the contributes a lot in creating the average depressed/anxious person, especially in the case of absent father figures young men are very likely to end up in hate communities (neofascists, incels and so on).
Problem with my family is they won't acknowledge it, even after bringing them to therapy they misdirected all the attention on how the problem was just MINE, saying I'm schizophrenic (I'm not) and made up everything for whatever reason, even after getting silent treatment from all their children, even if they argue and throw stuff at each other everyday at the minimum spark they still think they are the besy parents in the world.
They are mainly the reason I want to die. Anyone here has similar experiences?

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime and AtMostOkay
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Can relate, absent father, narcassistic mother that I live with. It really fucks up your life and the way you look at the world, you can't repair a damaged childhood.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, demuic, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 2 others
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
My case is kind of unique and weird. My parents themselves weren't and aren't toxic, but they did fall into a sort of helicopter role as they were both heavily involved in my life growing up from my mom teaching Sunday school, dad coaching football team, etc. So I really never had time to spread my wings as a kid or teenager outside of them.

I don't really know how it's effected me negatively since it's been over ten years since all these events occurred and shaped me, so I've basically been that person so long.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and AtMostOkay
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
My dad is a 100% Karen (I've heard them literally say the line 'I need to talk to your manager' when yelling at someone over the phone), my mom emits an aura of toxic positivity. Both are micromanaging assholes who should never have procreated.

Gonna rant a little here

They can rarely go one week day without screaming at each other. My dad especially finds the tiniest excuse to explode at anyone. One is a descendant from Nationalist China and the other is from Communist China, which should have been even more reason for them not to be together. Anyway, they've also been even more controlling over my brother since he has a girlfriend. Honestly I feel like he has more right to commit suicide than me.

• Aww..
Reactions: demuic and NumbItAll