• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
Just wondering if anyone else can relate. The only skill I have is drawing and of course I don't make any money from it nor is it fun anymore. The only thing that used to give me worth is now meaningless to me. I finished another piece today but there's no one to see it besides me. The best way to get anywhere is to make meaningless fanart of anime or video games or whatever other media is popular at the time. Capitalism ruins art. I hate that stereotype and I hate it even more that it matches me perfectly. I wish I spent my life on something else.
If the point of art is to be appreciated then all my artworks have failed
If the point of art is to be appreciated then all my artworks have failed

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: maidens, NRON KSR, Seered Doom and 3 others
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Share it somewhere in the media, for example, this site has one thread on the offtopic side.

Reactions: ropearoundatree
Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
Share it somewhere in the media, for example, this site has one thread on the offtopic side.
The worst part is I do share it. I've been sharing it for years. But it's a field flooded with highly competitive and highly skilled individuals. Hard to get recognition even if you're good

R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
I think that if you can create a great body of work that you are happy with, first of all & most importantly, perhaps—but then that could be "something," you leave behind as a record of your proudest & most cherished accomplishment/or achievement.

Reactions: NRON KSR and Pg.964
Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I think that if you can create a great body of work that you are happy with, first of all & most importantly, perhaps—but then that could be "something," you leave behind as a record of your proudest & most cherished accomplishment/or achievement.
I think that's the best I can really do. I'd be happy if my art resonated with people.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Me. I can paint quite good. But I am not skilled with social media (autism) besides AI is going to replace almost all art soon

Reactions: ropearoundatree and Pg.964
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Mar 23, 2023
The worst part is I do share it. I've been sharing it for years. But it's a field flooded with highly competitive and highly skilled individuals. Hard to get recognition even if you're good
There are many artists who didn't get significant merit or popularity during their lifetime. I have also thought about this subject from my own point of view. It should be done for interest and not just for ambition. Even that can be enough if it arouses some thoughts or feelings in a small number of people.

The good thing about drawing is that it can be developed in a variety of ways. For example, you could make a cartoon, visuals or animations.

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
Me. I can paint quite good. But I am not skilled with social media (autism) besides AI is going to replace almost all art soon
Social media operates in a way that makes artists cater their art to whatever the algorithm currently wants. Basically what kind of content will keep people on the platform and engage with it so they can make more money. The AI situation is unfortunate and complicated but at least at this stage most artists can tell the difference and it's heavily looked down upon. Don't know what the future of art will look like though.
There are many artists who didn't get significant merit or popularity during their lifetime. I have also thought about this subject from my own point of view. It should be done for interest and not just for ambition. Even that can be enough if it arouses some thoughts or feelings in a small number of people.

The good thing about drawing is that it can be developed in a variety of ways. For example, you could make a cartoon, visuals or animations.
Ideally yes, art should be for self fulfillment and personal expression but we can't overlook the fact that the system that most of the world lives under almost demands everything we do to have a profit motive. It's hard to separate the value of your art fom the amount of like/money you get from it. Like I mentioned before, capitalism ruins art.
I do want to try bigger projects in the future since the most popular thing I've made was an animation, but it's an uphill battle type situation :/

Last edited:
Reactions: ropearoundatree and leavingthesoultrap
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Social media operates in a way that makes artists cater their art to whatever the algorithm currently wants. Basically what kind of content will keep people on the platform and engage with it so they can make more money. The AI situation is unfortunate and complicated but at least at this stage most artists can tell the difference and it's heavily looked down upon. Don't know what the future of art will look like though.
I just get anxiety everytime I interact with Instagram. Its not for me. I could start selling my stuff at local art shops but I doubt i would make a living of that. But maybe I am just too depressed and pessimistic.
AI is already replacing a lot of minor creative gigs related to graphic design. I used to be a graphic designer but nowadays I dont see any point returning to that as it will be all AI soon

• Aww..
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I'm a starving artist as well and experience this all my time being one. I can barely get recognition unless I actively nag at others to look at it, then any kindness I'd ever receive from them is nulled bc of the fact I felt that I forced it out of them. My art is literally ignored until I basically make a scene about it and it's not fair.

• Love
Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
I'm a starving artist as well and experience this all my time being one. I can barely get recognition unless I actively nag at others to look at it, then any kindness I'd ever receive from them is nulled bc of the fact I felt that I forced it out of them. My art is literally ignored until I basically make a scene about it and it's not fair.
I'm sorry that you have to go to such lengths to even be seen. I'd love to see your art I'm sure it's great ☺️

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Mar 23, 2023
Ideally yes, art should be for self fulfillment and personal expression but we can't overlook the fact that the system that most of the world lives under almost demands everything we do to have a profit motive. It's hard to separate the value of your art fom the amount of like/money you get from it. Like I mentioned before, capitalism ruins art.
I do want to try bigger projects in the future since the most popular thing I've made was an animation, but it's an uphill battle type situation :/
Yes, but the function of art is not only to generate money. It is a "magical" wonder that is interesting to explore. For example, are you aware of this:

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
Yes, but the function of art is not only to generate money. It is a "magical" wonder that is interesting to explore. For example, are you aware of this:

Art has many functions of course but my main point being that socioeconomic conditions impact and change the value and purpose of art (in the eyes of the masses). I can't say I necessarily agree with the video but I see what you are trying to say.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Mar 23, 2023
Art has many functions of course but my main point being that socioeconomic conditions impact and change the value and purpose of art (in the eyes of the masses). I can't say I necessarily agree with the video but I see what you are trying to say.
Too bad. In a way, I hoped to achieve something worldly with art that would change my life, but instead it changed me.

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
yeah, I used to make money off of it and draw everyday but I've barely had the willpower to do any art this month, it was one of the only things I was hanging onto. I still love art but I'm staring not to feel passionate about anything anymore