NerdyNihilist

NerdyNihilist

Nov 27, 2019
I'm basically forced to listen to this woman's TV literally 24/7. It's been like this for almost 2.5 years now.
The only time it's ever been quiet over here, were the first 3 or 4 weeks when I moved in. And that was merely because she was on a trip...
Worst about it all, is that nothing can be done about it. I've rung her doorbell a couple of times, but to no avail.
One of her former neighbors has had to deal with this for more than 10 fucking YEARS. Astonishing how she's been getting away with it for so long, despite the numerous complaints that had been filed. Apparently, the housing company never gave a shit. Much less the police...
The fact that I'm bipolar and quite sensitive to sound, makes it so much worse for me.

Fortunately though, it's been confirmed by the housing company that the complex will be demolished due to severely outdated infrastructure and replaced with new apartments. We will also be provided with new housing.
The only reason I'm looking forward to moving out of here, is that I won't have to put up with this bitch anymore.

I really hope my future neighbors are somewhat decent people. And by "decent", I mean people who realize they don't have the entire neighborhood or complex to themselves...

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
OMG sweetie can I relate to you. For three years two snot nosed kids in their early twenties with a baby moved in above me. Sound is a huge pain issue for me and they knew that. Every day for long periods of time it would sound like they were just lifting furniture up and just dropping it from ten feet in the air. And then when their little rat of a kid started to walk she would run from one end of the house to another and they would never stop her. We had tons of fights...she actually took us to court for harrassment and the judge said she was crazy and stop the kid from running. But they didn't. They even looked into my disease and told me that it wasn't that bad! Can you believe that?!?! It's only the highest ranking pain condition in medical history also known as the suicide disease due to the non stop extreme pain. Well the bitch got pregnant again and they out grew the place so they moved. Right now it's heaven because no one is above me. But I'm terrified to see who is going to move in next. They actually moved in at midnight! And started assembling furniture at 2 a.m.

I can't believe how similar our stories are. We are both very sensitive to sound and we are both dreading the new neigbbors. My landlord said we could move upstairs but it's too small. You actually have to walk into the bathroom sideways. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. I did the same things you did. The cops were called probably over 15 times. They say they can't do anything unless they catch them in the act because it's just my word against theirs. Well I do have more important things to do than make up false accusations about my neighbors. I've complained to my rich landlord who had a talk with them which lead to nothing. He said we should move! Why should I move because someone else is making noise like crazy? He's a cheap scumbag with a bad wig. A multi millionaire. The realtor said he's trying to rent the place to just one person but a lot of them are getting sued because they may say it's not the best place for children. That's against the law to not rent because someone has children. I have no idea why. In my opinion if you live in an apartment there should be no children allowed. And if they are they should be on the first floor. I really hope things turn around for you and that you can get some peace and quiet in your own home which you are entitled to. I know you can call the housing commission and report your landlord but they may get pissed off and raise the rent. I'm looking every day for a new place. I lived in such a beautiful apartment before I had to move here. But my landlord sold the building because he wanted to live with his son in another state in a retirement home. Selfish prick haha. They raised the rent so high we couldn't afford to live there. It was a gorgeous place. Our lease was up and we had to leave fast and this was the only place we could find that was big enough and accepted pets.

• Hugs
Reactions: NerdyNihilist
NerdyNihilist

NerdyNihilist

Nov 27, 2019
OMG sweetie can I relate to you. For three years two snot nosed kids in their early twenties with a baby moved in above me. Sound is a huge pain issue for me and they knew that. Every day for long periods of time it would sound like they were just lifting furniture up and just dropping it from ten feet in the air. And then when their little rat of a kid started to walk she would run from one end of the house to another and they would never stop her. We had tons of fights...she actually took us to court for harrassment and the judge said she was crazy and stop the kid from running. But they didn't. They even looked into my disease and told me that it wasn't that bad! Can you believe that?!?! It's only the highest ranking pain condition in medical history also known as the suicide disease due to the non stop extreme pain. Well the bitch got pregnant again and they out grew the place so they moved. Right now it's heaven because no one is above me. But I'm terrified to see who is going to move in next. They actually moved in at midnight! And started assembling furniture at 2 a.m.

Wow, I've had a similar situation at my former apartment, regarding a young couple with small kids. Had to shout a couple of times upstairs for them to stop making noise. And they usually did, but the next evening it would be the same shit again. So after a while I just couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

You seem to have it way worse than me, though. As if it wasn't enough that you had to deal with such bad neighbors, your landlord was also adding fuel to the fire by raising your rent... An absolute outrage! Was there no possibility for you to file a complaint against him at a tenants union?

I'd also like to thank you for your kind words and sharing your story. I'm very sorry you've had to go through all that bullshit. Really hope everything turns/turned out the way you wanted, because you have every right to it. :heart:

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Wow, I've had a similar situation at my former apartment, regarding a young couple with small kids. Had to shout a couple of times upstairs for them to stop making noise. And they usually did, but the next evening it would be the same shit again. So after a while I just couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

You seem to have it way worse than me, though. As if it wasn't enough that you had to deal with such bad neighbors, your landlord was also adding fuel to the fire by raising your rent... An absolute outrage! Was there no possibility for you to file a complaint against him at a tenants union?

I'd also like to thank you for your kind words and sharing your story. I'm very sorry you've had to go through all that bullshit. Really hope everything turns/turned out the way you wanted, because you have every right to it. :heart:

No I never said my landlord raised my rent. I said that if you do go to the housing commison and they get in touch with your landlord that the landlord could get pissed off and raise the rent.

NerdyNihilist

NerdyNihilist

Nov 27, 2019
No I never said my landlord raised my rent. I said that if you do go to the housing commison and they get in touch with your landlord that the landlord could get pissed off and raise the rent.
Oh, my bad for misreading.
So difficult to focus on anything with all the negative thoughts constantly racing through my mind for as long as I'm awake.