• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

What's your favorite book genre ? Here's the top 9

• Total voters
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I use to read a 300 page book in 1 - 4 days at the most. Now it takes me a month or longer sometimes to read a book like that..Even when I'm reading through a thread on SS I have to skim and skip through some of it at times. I just don't have the energy or concentration levels I use to anymore when it comes to reading.

Reactions: TheCrow, Lil_Intro_Vert, Deafsn0w and 11 others
Whatshername

Whatshername

That Ghost Lady on the Hill
Dec 14, 2018
I voted for 4 categories, among the "other" I like auto/biographies, historical fiction, classic lit, thriller, adventure, dystopian, romance, erotica... You name it.

I'm in the same boat as you, I used to read hundreds of pages daily whenever I had the time and chance. I can't anymore. Brain fog, disinterest, apathy, concentration issues.
I often forget and have to reread paragraphs I just read minutes ago :((

Last edited:
Reactions: Hennessy, Meena, mattwitt and 2 others
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
I read to pass the time... Can't remember what I read an hour later
:aw::ohhhh:;-;:eh:.
Nothing matters anymore

Reactions: TheCrow, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
Like you i used to read loads, get a good book & get totally lost for a few days, loved it and all was going well till the ex hubby announced he was leaving, that was probably 11yrs ago now but since that day i have struggled to concentrate & take in the info to the point where i read a page, turn over & forgotten whats going on, go back, read last part again, try again, get stressed, throw book at the cat...

Mind you i have to watch prerecorded telly now so i can zip through the adverts & not get distracted & forget the plot whilst i'm losing the plot.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Hennessy and 3 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I can identify with the loss of ability to focus on something for longer than a couple of seconds as well, and I hate it.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lil_Intro_Vert and 7 others
Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
I have always loved to read. I was also advanced for my age. In 3rd grade I saw "The Hobbit". Animated version. Talked my Grandpa into buying me the book, plus Lord of the Rings trilogy. Read all 4 books in 1 weekend.
Been months now since I've read a book. Very unlike me. Just don't have the energy or drive right now. Depression sucks!

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Hennessy and 2 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I think Charles Dickens should be a category of it's own

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Dead Meat, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I use to read a 300 page book in 1 - 4 days at the most. Now it takes me a month or longer sometimes to read a book like that..Even when I'm reading through a thread on SS I have to skim and skip through some of it at times. I just don't have the energy or concentration levels I use to anymore when it comes to reading.
Tl;dr

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Othermind, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
sadsoul

sadsoul

Alive and unwell
Sep 9, 2018
I used to be such a bookworm but now even reading one page is a big task lol. I need to read so much for school and I just can't keep up

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Dead Meat, therhydler and 3 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
I used to absolutely love reading as a kid, I always had a book on me and would spend all my free time lost in books. These days I have so much to do and my free time is usually spent doing something that takes less mental focus like video games, and on top of that there's just the general lack of interest that comes with being depressed. It also takes me an absurdly long time to do homework cause i simply cannot focus, no matter what i do i just have no motivation and can only work in short bursts with long breaks between

Reactions: Deafsn0w, therhydler, mattwitt and 2 others
E

Exile

Predator, criminal, emotional blackmailer
Jan 28, 2019
I loved reading. Since a series of anxiety attacks last summer, I haven't been able to read for pleasure for more than a page or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w and mattwitt
Othermind

Othermind

-
Dec 26, 2018
Not really.
I've always been a bookworm and never lost my love for literature. Now there's certain subjects I try to avoid because loltriggers but I still read a fair amount.
With how much I drink I'm sure my attention span will melt soon enough, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Reactions: waived, Deafsn0w and mattwitt
T

Thewhowithin69

Dec 31, 2018
Reading is almost all I do....it's been my "drug", my way of escape since I was a child. It's hard now cuz of my brain issues but I still read whatever I can (prefer fiction)....I know I'm loosing this addiction and that reinforces the it's time to ctb feeling because a life without words (for me) is no life I want to even imagine living!

Reactions: Deafsn0w and mattwitt
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I used to read tons of fiction mostly fantasy and horror. Now I read spirit destroying political, economic, sociological and psychological 'papers'. I forgot to answer the first question to which my reply is yeah I go through spells where I don't have patience enough to do anything which is when I'll begin slurping up news and journalistic pieces. So I guess no, I don't, but I switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelensNepenthe and Johnnythefox