NefariousWish

NefariousWish

Apr 30, 2020
People I interact with hate it because I say things that others wouldn't say or think to say because of feelings.

The only emotion I feel is anxiety but it's not constantly high.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kain10th, Despondent, TheSoulless and 1 other person
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i feel like that from time to time, just nothing other than anxiety at different levels. it makes me callous and takes away a lot of my empathy for others. it sucks because i'm fully aware of it when it happens.

but the other half of the time i'm overly emotional and make a lot of bad decisions, i take a lot of risks and my judgement becomes clouded.

i don't know what's worse to be honest.

• Love
Reactions: TheSoulless
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
i'm kind of unemotional especially around other people in real life

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm an emotional person but a rational one. Just because it hurts someone's feelings doesn't mean it's wrong. Most of the time it's because it's not.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Unfortunately I'm the other way around.. I cry at very Bambi-esque movie you can think of

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I'm emotionless most of the time. Pure happiness is something I don't really experience, except when I have a pleasant dream. I suppress negative emotions and cry myself to sleep once in a while. That's probably why I'm so anxious and – I thought I'd never describe myself like this – quick-tempered.

NefariousWish

NefariousWish

Apr 30, 2020
I'm an emotional person but a rational one. Just because it hurts someone's feelings doesn't mean it's wrong. Most of the time it's because it's not.
It's especially good if it hurts someone else's feelings.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I used to but since I've taken psych meds I've become pretty numb to a lot of things, I struggle to even be able to cry. I just feel totally void and empty, not happy or sad, not depressed, just nothing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: deadpixels, KleinerWolf and Deleted member 1465
NefariousWish

NefariousWish

Apr 30, 2020
I used to but since I've taken psych meds I've become pretty numb to a lot of things, I struggle to even be able to cry. I just feel totally void and empty, not happy or sad, not depressed, just nothing.
My therapist said my childhood trauma runs too deep for meds to do a damn thing. All they caused me was anhedonia.

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I'm an emotional person but I also don't express my emotions very much.

I don't know why I don't express my emotions very much, I just don't. It's not a fear of appearing unmanly or anything.

When I think back on my life I don't have any good memories of expressing my emotions, only bad ones. Maybe that's why I don't express them idk?

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
S

Schweppes

Espresso Depresso
Apr 20, 2020
Yeah I get this, I feel like it's a part of depression? Like you are so hurt and damaged that youd rather feel nothing. Maybe I'm wrong idk

NefariousWish

NefariousWish

Apr 30, 2020
Yeah I get this, I feel like it's a part of depression? Like you are so hurt and damaged that youd rather feel nothing. Maybe I'm wrong idk
For me it's not a choice. It just is. Being emotionally detached comes in handy. Other people care about such petty shit and I don't care at all. It's nice to not be burdened by every little upset in life.

• Love
Reactions: Schweppes and KleinerWolf
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I am able to feel only one spectrum (scale?) of emotions, yet it is... "uncapped", which makes it limitless.
Though, I rarely experience it.

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
A mix between both -- I can be emotional at times and very apathetic other times.

• Hugs
Reactions: MissStarr
moodygrl

moodygrl

Apr 25, 2020
Im not in touch with my emotions. Only feel boredom and anxiety :(

• Love
Reactions: Schweppes
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Sometimes I get anhedonic and lose feelings specially if its extreme anhedonia. However, even at that state, I find myself having more emotions than many "normal" humans. Its like a contradiction, being emotionless and being emotional at the same time but its true. Many don't care about others pain and suffering and they are "normal" but I care even when I'm anhedonic.

Reactions: deadpixels
Negrathecat

Negrathecat

Apr 28, 2020
I'm glad I found this thread... for the past few days I have been feeling absolutely nothing.. like is something wrong with me??

in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
I either have too much emotion or too little.

right now I'm coping with too much negative emotion but I think I'm coming off like I don't have emotions. I don't know.

I just don't want to bother the people I know and care about.

F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
I'm unempathetic. That's probably about it, tbh.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm unempathetic. That's probably about it, tbh.

That's interesting. To me you seem to demonstrate that you are insightful and compassionate.

Do you mean that you don't take on others' emotions? If so, to me, that's a good thing. To me, that's a healthy boundary. Like in my journal thread, it seemed like you were insightful and demonstrated compassion, which brought me benefit, but I wouldn't have wanted you to wallow in empathetic pain for my experiences, nor personally felt benefit for you having done so. For some, misery may love company, but my misery prefers a capable companion that can comfort or give a helping hand. Sometimes the help may be affirmation, like saying, "I've experienced that, too," but empathy to me can be like getting stuck at the bottom of someone else's pit, or drowning in their ocean.

Last edited:
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
That's interesting. To me you seem to demonstrate that you are insightful and compassionate.

Do you mean that you don't take on others' emotions? If so, to me, that's a good thing. To me, that's a healthy boundary. Like in my journal thread, it seemed like you were insightful and demonstrated compassion, which brought me benefit, but I wouldn't have wanted you to wallow in empathetic pain for my experiences, nor personally felt benefit for you having done so. For some, misery may love company, but my misery prefers a capable companion that can comfort or give a helping hand. Sometimes the help may be affirmation, like saying, "I've experienced that, too," but empathy to me can be like getting stuck at the bottom of someone else's pit, or drowning in their ocean.
Ha, your comment actually just sparked a bit of a debate over here between me and my partner. I suppose unempathetic might be incorrect, but honestly I'm not so sure right now.

Honestly, the distinction between sympathetic and empathetic is blurry to me. My ex told me I was good at the former, poor at the latter. A week or so ago, my current partner said something similar, but when I posed this question to him just now, he said I do show empathy at least within our relationship. My no contact sister thinks of me as selfish and unempathetic, as does my family but perhaps to a lesser degree. So I suppose I never really questioned it too hard until now.

I think it's probable that many of my beliefs and views are utilitarian to an extreme that is considered unempathetic to most. I can be compassionate, but it's tied to respect/admiration I feel, which is tied to perceived usefulness. I consider this forum a useful outlet and sense of community, so I do my best to conduct myself in a manner where I can make positive contributions and I choose to ignore or disengage from what might deter me from that. So how I conduct myself here is probably more biased towards the compassionate side of me than most people see in my daily life.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed