• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Anyone else suicidal because of what their parents have done to them? Mine drugged the everloving crap out of me and decimated my health/my body, chemically castrated me, pushed me to the point where I jumped off of a building, and now continue to badmouth me for my mental illness. They also went behind my back and put me on a drug for people with dementia without telling me (despite me being in my 20's) even though I've had horrific reactions to drugs in the past and it was dangerous for them not to inform me of what they were putting into my body for that very reason.

And according to them they aren't abusive because they house and clothe and feed me. Okay then. :meh:

disillusionment

disillusionment

Oct 22, 2020
I'm sorry to hear about what your parents have done. That is truly horrible. I hope you can get away from them soon but I understand if you can't. I too have abusive parents and the trauma they gave me is a main part of why I'm depressed. It's not fair being born to bad parents and being dependent on them as a vulnerable kid then traumatized for the rest of your life. Then if you tell them that they hurt you they say but I gave you shelter food and clothes. Ok but thats what you're supposed to do as a parent?? thats like the bare minimum you're supposed to do..

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Anyone else suicidal because of what their parents have done to them? Mine drugged the everloving crap out of me and decimated my health/my body, chemically castrated me, pushed me to the point where I jumped off of a building, and now continue to badmouth me for my mental illness. They also went behind my back and put me on a drug for people with dementia without telling me (despite me being in my 20's) even though I've had horrific reactions to drugs in the past and it was dangerous for them not to inform me of what they were putting into my body for that very reason.

And according to them they aren't abusive because they house and clothe and feed me. Okay then. :meh:
Yes, I was also married to an extremely abusive man-child.

I am so sorry you know what this is like. As a child raised by abusive parents it has damaged me in so many ways.

I wonder what I would be like had I been raised with good, kind parents.

I will never know.

Love, hugs, and warmth to you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
My retired elementary school principal father is M. Scott Peck's perfect definition of evil:

American psychiatrist M. Scott Peck describes evil as militant ignorance. The original Judeo-Christian concept of sin is as a process that leads one to miss the mark and not achieve perfection. Peck argues that while most people are conscious of this at least on some level, those that are evil actively and militantly refuse this consciousness. Peck describes evil as a malignant type of self-righteousness which results in a projection of evil onto selected specific innocent victims (often children or other people in relatively powerless positions). Peck considers those he calls evil to be attempting to escape and hide from their own conscience (through self-deception) and views this as being quite distinct from the apparent absence of conscience evident in sociopaths.

According to Peck, an evil person:

• Is consistently self-deceiving, with the intent of avoiding guilt and maintaining a self-image of perfection
  • Deceives others as a consequence of their own self-deception
  • Psychologically projects his or her evils and sins onto very specific targets, scapegoating those targets while treating everyone else normally ("their insensitivity toward him was selective")
  • Commonly hates with the pretense of love, for the purposes of self-deception as much as the deception of others
  • Abuses political or emotional power ("the imposition of one's will upon others by overt or covert coercion")
  • Maintains a high level of respectability and lies incessantly in order to do so
  • Is consistent with his or her sins. Evil people are defined not so much by the magnitude of their sins, but by their consistency (of destructiveness)
  • Is unable to think from the viewpoint of their victim
  • Has a covert intolerance to criticism and other forms of narcissistic injury
He also considers certain institutions may be evil, as his discussion of the My Lai Massacre and its attempted coverup illustrate. By this definition, acts of criminal and state terrorism would also be considered evil.

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I'm sorry to hear about what your parents have done. That is truly horrible. I hope you can get away from them soon but I understand if you can't. I too have abusive parents and the trauma they gave me is a main part of why I'm depressed. It's not fair being born to bad parents and being dependent on them as a vulnerable kid then traumatized for the rest of your life. Then if you tell them that they hurt you they say but I gave you shelter food and clothes. Ok but thats what you're supposed to do as a parent?? thats like the bare minimum you're supposed to do..
Sometimes I wish we could choose the life we wanted before we were born

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie