Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
So much so that it occupies too much time of your day? I've had to start avoiding mirrors because I spend too long staring at myself, covered my phone cameras with tape to quit selfies, but I've started facing timing(most decline) people instead of calling or texting because I want to see myself and make sure I look 100% immaculate. Reflective surfaces in public is another one, I don't think it's normal to stare at yourself in public.

Any else is obsessed with their appearance? How did you stop focusing on it?

• Hugs
Reactions: card1nal, kit. and RainAndSadness
kit.

kit.

Feb 18, 2023
I understand this a little, my situation is different. I have eczema at the extreme end, so I end up very discolored. My self image of myself is stuck before it got bad. So I cover all mirrors in the house except my phone (since I can avoid my face and look where I need to put my steroids). I avoid all my friends and seeing people I love cause I'm not at 100%. So honestly the only time I feel okay is when my appearance is when I just accept I'm not perfect and try to look my best, even though I'm not "pretty" or "perfect", no one else will know what's your best version. Even if they do (close people) they most likely won't say anything because there their for you and not your face, unless of course your from a immigrant family then just ignore them haha.

Reactions: Rocinante
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Hm, I kind of do, too, thinking about it. I am very preoccupied with looking my best, and constantly think what new clothes and products would achieve an ever better result. I work out and diet as well, which I guess is good, but it's a mean to an end.
It is OK to care about your appearance!
Better than NOT caring, and becoming sloppy and letting yourself go

Reactions: Rocinante and Skathon
card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
I used to be very obsessed with my appearance, but since starting college I just haven't had enough time to worry about it. My mind is already crowded with other random and anxious thoughts, and most of my free time goes toward keeping my grades decent. I just don't have the time or energy to pay excessive attention to how I look. I do still take care of my hygiene and I still dress nicely, but I worry much less about things like acne, how my hair looks, if my clothes are trendy, etc.

WellDefinedChin

WellDefinedChin

Jan 20, 2023
Sometimes. But I developed a habit of reminding myself what I will look like when I'm 80, then I look away from my reflection and savor whatever is the moment.