sadidiot0328

sadidiot0328

I feel like I died long ago
Jun 1, 2023
I had a meeting with my psychiatrist recently, and she asked if I was suicidal. I said no, but thats a lie. I don't want to go back to the hospital, I'll be stuck in the ER for a few days, then go home since all the beds are full. That wouldn't be fair to people who actually need a bed in the emergency room. Is anyone else not fully honest with their psychiatrist?

• Love
Reactions: TheLakesKrueguer, girlsboysthems and feuerflieger
a_depressed_lizard

a_depressed_lizard

Oct 12, 2023
Yes, I've always struggled a lot with being open with stuff like this. I'm always scared that what I say is gonna work its way back to friends or family, so I prefer to just lie and hope that they will just believe me

Reactions: girlsboysthems
filthystray

filthystray

Get me out of here
Sep 21, 2023
I had to go to the hospital once for being suicidal. They talked to me like I was a child and treated me like I was some kind of psychopath. Only to have them realease me like 6 hours after I got there and they gave me back the sleeping pills I was going to overdose on that were in my backpack. So experienced one of the worst hours of my life and they didn't even make a tiny effort to do anything. I never wanna go in again so I tell my therapists enough information to know that I am very suicidal but also not enough for him to be obligated to send me to a hospital. So I guess I lie by omission

Reactions: girlsboysthems
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
I can actually openly admit my feelings to my psychologist. She is a very logical and understanding person but I don't see her often enough. Last meeting was cancelled thanks to my fever and now I gotta wait a month.
From what I understand therapists/psychs aren't exactly the best or reliable enough in quite a few countries so I certainly can see why people can't be open with them. I know someone in US who's therapist laughed at him over his worries.

• Love
Reactions: feuerflieger
feuerflieger

feuerflieger

i only exist
Oct 9, 2023
I had a meeting with my psychiatrist recently, and she asked if I was suicidal. I said no, but thats a lie. I don't want to go back to the hospital, I'll be stuck in the ER for a few days, then go home since all the beds are full. That wouldn't be fair to people who actually need a bed in the emergency room. Is anyone else not fully honest with their psychiatrist?
i also lie about not being suicidal depending on who im talking to. also for the same reason most of the time. i know exactly who would send me to the hospital and who wouldn't. i used to say ''im not suicidal'' but since i got worse i add a ''just weary of live''. also does the trick without them thinking im lying.

TheRottingContinues

TheRottingContinues

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
Yes. I was admitted to the hospital, and as soon as I told my psychiatrist the truth, she put me into a mental hospital. I am never seeking help again

Reactions: Ampsvx123
vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i learned the hard way not to admit to too much, i had to ghost one of mine years ago to avoid having to go into inpatient for my AN. this was right before i was as actively suicidal. i have a new one now, but i won't ever admit either thing (my ED or my suicidal plans) to her. i'd love to be able to be honest, but being forced into expensive treatment and being kept under a microscope is not ideal.

Caltrop

Caltrop

it/she | i love you !
Sep 25, 2020
I'm scared that they will take away my HRT or refuse to allow me to get surgeries in the future if I'm honest about my suicidality and other serious problems. This happened to me before when I was first looking for a therapist: whenever I mentioned my self harm or suicidal thoughts they would derail everything and refuse to help with anything else. They would always insist on working on these issues first before addressing anything else without even understanding the underlying cause, it was incredibly frustrating. I haven't been in therapy for months and I don't intend on returning.

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
My experience of telling a psychiatrist I'm suicidal is very different.
There have been a number of occasions over years. On 2 occasions I was very ill indeed.
So, me
'I just want to kill myself.'
Psychiatrist
'Why would you do that? It would be illogical.' Sent back home and tried to drown myself 2 weeks later.
Or
'Suicidal ideation is a common feature of depression.'
Or
No reply.

I don't know if it's the area I'm in or if it's a British thing. It suits me cos I can be upfront and know they'll take it with a pinch of salt.

alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
I am open about suicidal ideation with psychiatrists because it's something I want to stop having. I've even mentioned this website on more than one occasion. I'm advised to stay away from here but it's the only place I feel my suicidality is relatable and understood.