Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I miss the decade of my youth. The present era is unfamiliar and uncomfortable.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, LostinCyberspace, tiger b and 4 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
something definitely happened after the pandemic

The closest analogy I have to my current life is zombie apocalypse

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Hurtstomuch., tiger b and 3 others
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Yes, in the sense that I feel like I'm not human. The longer I live, the less I seem to understand humans. I can't begin to unravel how most people's minds work, they are so weird to me. So I no longer feel like one. I don't really feel the strange land part, the world is fine aethetically. Not too ugly where I live, lots of pretty areas on Earth. I just don't understand humans.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Ambivalent1, Ashu and 2 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
Yes, in the sense that I feel like I'm not human. The longer I live, the less I seem to understand humans. I can't begin to unravel how most people's minds work, they are so weird to me. So I no longer feel like one. I don't really feel the strange land part, the world is fine aethetically. Not too ugly where I live, lots of pretty areas on Earth. I just don't understand humans.
I think the majority are computer programs

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, R_N, Ambivalent1 and 1 other person
IchijouRirika

IchijouRirika

Burial - Untrue
Dec 24, 2023
I get what you mean, a thing I feel is that this decade is very artificial like, I look back at the 2000s or even early 2010s things and, stuff had soul back then, nowadays everything just feels fake and artificial and it's as if all the things that were fun died, as if we are really going into some dystopic plastic web 2.0 future you know.

Also, I'm soon turning 23 here, everything someone my age is supposed to have done or experienced, I haven't, and now it's too late, I've missed the window of opportunity of life, for some of us it has really never begun.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Sprite_Geist, Ambivalent1 and 2 others
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I get what you mean, a thing I feel is that this decade is very artificial like, I look back at the 2000s or even early 2010s things and, stuff had soul back then, nowadays everything just feels fake and artificial and it's as if all the things that were fun died, as if we are really going into some dystopic plastic web 2.0 future you know.

Also, I'm soon turning 23 here, everything someone my age is supposed to have done or experienced, I haven't, and now it's too late, I've missed the window of opportunity of life, for some of us it has really never begun.
Exactly 100% this

You haven't missed anything by the way, there's nothing to miss in this existence.

Reactions: sserafim and Ambivalent1
IchijouRirika

IchijouRirika

Burial - Untrue
Dec 24, 2023
Exactly 100% this

You haven't missed anything by the way, there's nothing to miss in this existence.
I mean, I won't lie that a bit of me wish I was born 10-20 years early so I could've had my teens/20s on a time that things were cool, and not right now (I basically missed my teens due to being ostracized for how I looked) but yeah, nowadays I truly believe you aren't missing out a lot.

I just I don't know, kinda wish I could've had a chance in life to have a family that cared about me, real life friends, a significant other, live on a decent country and not some third world hell and many such other things you know, but, it is what it is I suppose.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Being a creature with organs and such is hard for me to grasp nowadays.

23 is young. It's definitely not too late. And stop comparing yourself to others. Only compare yourself to you from yesterday.

Reactions: sserafim
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Nope. Being a child was terrifying. The older I get the easier understanding things becomes. You couldn't pay me to be a child again. I wouldn't do it.
Nope. Being a child was terrifying. The older I get the easier understanding things becomes. You couldn't pay me to be a child again. I wouldn't do it.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yes and no. My coworkers are starting to make me feel old. It annoys me when they know of a simpler way to do something. I can still quickly catch on, and Gen Z's computer/typing skills are hot fucking garbage, but my pride still chafes. I get where the Boomers were coming from now.

To answer more of the spirit of your question, I'm not sure I ever felt that I belonged. A lot of my values and outlook on life are from the 90s or even further back. Even though I am politically liberal, I have always tended to act more conservatively compared with most people my age and have some old-fashioned values. My parents had me in their late 30s/early 40s, and my brother is a decade older than me, so I just had a very different childhood experience compared to most people I knew. There were benefits, of course, but also a lot of obvious cons.

• Love
Reactions: ThymeToLeave and Passersby
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I think I've finally found enjoyment in who I am now in the present. The future might be uncertain, but hope and love still dwell in our decisions. We can choose hope, and dare to love!