Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Anxiety is another word for it but it's overused and has no meaning for me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: 2020wanderlust, Brink, K-O and 8 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
yep, that feeling just won't go away no matter what I do.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, enjolras, Chucchy and 2 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I feel oblivious to everything staring at my computer screen, with nobody around and nothing to do, but the minute I have to be around others, or God forbid go somewhere, I'm perpetually uneasy/anxious

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, HappyMstake, Circles and 1 other person
M

meerpasta

Jan 29, 2020
Depression and anxiety are signs for animals that their surroundings aren't good for them and they must leave it or somehow change it. In modern society a lot of us don't have such options, so we're left perpetually feeling bad because we need to escape but we can't, not without killing ourselves.

Reactions: LADY007, Fingir ser feliz, 2Min2Midnight and 4 others
Covidblows

Covidblows

May 18, 2020
The sane and the insane rivalry???
I'm sorry you go thru that. I have it too. This is my anthem. Good workout music but ya all day, everyday.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Yea, for me not being able to fully control my own body but also my own emotions like depression, existential dread, grief, etc., etc. has become one of my reasons why I want to ctb. Being constantly uncomfortable within your own body, emotionally unstable and added with uncontrollable obsessive thinking about suicide and death is NO way to live it's already bad enough we can't control what happens outside our bodies.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LADY007, Sadkitty, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
My circumstances make me uneasy to a degree or another all the time. I don't have any internal uneasiness without a reason. But since things are what they are, it is always a scale from 'I can almost I'm on a death row' to 'this is hell and my body will implode'.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Covidblows
Covidblows

Covidblows

May 18, 2020
Yea, for me not being able to fully control my own body but also my own emotions like depression, existential dread, grief, etc., etc. has become one of my reasons why I want to ctb. Being constantly uncomfortable within your own body, emotionally unstable and added with uncontrollable obsessive thinking about suicide and death is NO way to live it's already bad enough we can't control what happens outside our bodies.
Have you ever tried yoga?
The breathing really helps and you can do it in public and no one is the wiser. Saved me and others many a panic attack.
Meditation? It helps but hard to keep your mind on track but phone apps have tons of guided ones for free.
Exercise helps tire my ass out which also helps. Hobbies working with your hands, drawing,coloring,puzzles and phone games help too.
I hope one of these will help :)

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Have you ever tried yoga?
The breathing really helps and you can do it in public and no one is the wiser. Saved me and others many a panic attack.
Meditation? It helps but hard to keep your mind on track but phone apps have tons of guided ones for free.
Exercise helps tire my ass out which also helps. Hobbies working with your hands, drawing,coloring,puzzles and phone games help too.
I hope one of these will help :)
Yoga: No I can't bend my body much anymore with my tailbone/coccyx injury. Yoga requires a lot movement my stiff back can't take so I'm just going to stick with simple stretching.
Meditation: Big no with meditating cause quite frankly I see it a new age platitude people think will help everyone somehow and I just cannot understand how it helps people. My mind is too loud so to speak filled with depressing thoughts I can't control especially inner turmoil I don't feel comfortable confronting.
Exercise: A big hell NO, again because of my tailbone/coccyx injury that's made me basically bedridden and simply walking being a bitch for me. Just 2 days ago for example I simply went to the gas station and I had to take hydrocodone just to get back home and when I did I felt the worst flare up I've ever had ever since this shit started. I'm considering getting a treadmill at this point after going through that, but other than that not much exercise or any for that matter lol. And yet another bummer, I have no hobbies cause depression and anhedonia have ruined that for me as most things considered hobbies ultimately feel empty and sure as shit don't take up enough time of the day to fill up against the constant mundanity and drudgery of everyday life. It feels like I'm making excuses at this point, but hey what the fuck can I do about it. :/

Now thinking about it, how the hell does any of that relate to my original comment? Yoga, Meditation, Exercise, Hobbies aren't going to stop or control the constant 'uneasiness' or pain I feel every day. Apologies for being so hard headed, my problems have made it to where I'm like talking to a brick wall.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LADY007, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
The feeling of unease is definitely familiar to me. No matter what I do the feeling that things are wrong is always in the back of my mind and sometimes it spills over into outright anxiety and panic. I can still occasionally feel excited and maybe even a little happy about certain things, but those feelings are always overshadowed by this unease. I can't recall the last time I felt content with life and I'm not sure I even truly remember what it feels like to just be okay with things even for a moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: stillweary, not-2-b-the-answer, Covidblows and 1 other person
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Yes, I constantly feeling uneasy, only the causes change. For now, it's about my job. Since I quit my job this week, it'll be about not having a job.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Busdriver and Covidblows
Covidblows

Covidblows

May 18, 2020
Yoga: No I can't bend my body much anymore with my tailbone/coccyx injury. Yoga requires a lot movement my stiff back can't take so I'm just going to stick with simple stretching.
Meditation: Big no with meditating cause quite frankly I see it a new age platitude people think will help everyone somehow and I just cannot understand how it helps people. My mind is too loud so to speak filled with depressing thoughts I can't control especially inner turmoil I don't feel comfortable confronting.
Exercise: A big hell NO, again because of my tailbone/coccyx injury that's made me basically bedridden and simply walking being a bitch for me. Just 2 days ago for example I simply went to the gas station and I had to take hydrocodone just to get back home and when I did I felt the worst flare up I've ever had ever since this shit started. I'm considering getting a treadmill at this point after going through that, but other than that not much exercise or any for that matter lol. And yet another bummer, I have no hobbies cause depression and anhedonia have ruined that for me as most things considered hobbies ultimately feel empty and sure as shit don't take up enough time of the day to fill up against the constant mundanity and drudgery of everyday life. It feels like I'm making excuses at this point, but hey what the fuck can I do about it. :/

Now thinking about it, how the hell does any of that relate to my original comment? Yoga, Meditation, Exercise, Hobbies aren't going to stop or control the constant 'uneasiness' or pain I feel every day. Apologies for being so hard headed, my problems have made it to where I'm like talking to a brick wall.
How does it relate to your comment?
These things help me I'm just trying to help you by telling what's helped me.
I have severe anxiety and health problems. The yoga I do is gentle stretching but I wasn't talking about that, I said the breathing. Anyone that can breath can do it. It's been proven that yoga breathing calms you down, which is why having a cigarette calms people that smoke.
Yoga breathing calms your body which will calm your mind.
I can't meditate either but I do the guided ones in health and healing to fall asleep at night. I don't buy into the bullshit but it helps me get through
Obviously we are all here for the same reason.
for me... I try to take the edge off anyway I can until I can't anymore.
Being strapped to that coaster until you can't take it anymore is really tough. Just trying to ease your pain, I'm sorry if it came off wrong.

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
It's like I am constantly screaming inside my head

• Hugs
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
true.. words are tricky and sometimes totally meaning less to me as well..
still have to force myself to use mental terms to describe what im going through..
borderline pd, complex ptsd, addiction, anxiety, depression, self harm.. mental illness..
but sometimes it helps to word things.. god knows if people would have just called a cat a cat my life would have have been easier..
being a daughter of a closeted paranoid schizophrenic is mental and maybe if it was acknowledged and worded back then things would have been more tolerable..
language can be a cage as well as set you free?..

• Love
  • Hugs
¡

¡!¡!¡!

Jan 5, 2020
Where do i start... i cannot stay still. From the minute i wake up i start to pace around. Literally in pajamas. I cannot listen to music because it either reminds me of something that happened in the past or i cant concentrate enough to actually listen to the end. So i just change the song after a few 10 seconds in. I lost any kind of consistency. Its gone. And i dont even have the energy to "slow down" or whatever. As contradictorily as it sounds

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and not-2-b-the-answer
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Where do i start... i cannot stay still. From the minute i wake up i start to pace around. Literally in pajamas. I cannot listen to music because it either reminds me of something that happened in the past or i cant concentrate enough to actually listen to the end. So i just change the song after a few 10 seconds in. I lost any kind of consistency. Its gone. And i dont even have the energy to "slow down" or whatever. As contradictorily as it sounds

I have to fight the urge to pace constantly, and all the music I hear sounds like noise, I find no pleasure in it.