• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Yes, monthly at least, sometimes casual, sometimes very intimate and meaningful. Sometimes even more "real" than what real is. (Those are the hardest ones to wake up from) But she moved on and got remarried and I didn't so that might explain one reason why. I wonder if she dreams about me? (Perhaps, but don't hold my breath).

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Not always. I still dream occasionally - perhaps once every couple of years - about someone I knew over 50 years ago. (I doubt that he dreams of me.) They are usually powerful dreams when they happen.
Human psychology and the human brain are such a complex things .Well , you never know....perhaps he does.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
For me, I still dream of her. Not as much as when we first broke up. It used to be every night.
Now, at least weekly. Still crushed. Mostly I don't remember what they are about but I try to follow her to where she is but I can never catch up. It's cruel and painful. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Pg.964

Pg.964

Lifeless
Jul 27, 2023
They stopped after several months for my first relationship. And for my most recent one, I kept having dreams that they were trying to murder me and that I should be careful. I don't really believe in dreams meaning things but that person destroyed me emotionally, only lasted a few months thankfully. But I believe it's a manifestation of my fears, or sometimes it's the longing for something I had. They go down in frequency slowly over time

• Hugs
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Dreamed about her last night again. 😥 We will see what happens tonight.

• Aww..
Reactions: whywere
Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
had a 3 year relationship through university that all things considered ended on good terms, but basically I got dumped. In the beginning the dreams were often and vivid. In no doubt influenced by some meds I'm on. I think its totally natural and often sucks regardless of the situation. In time they are less and less. However even years later and after other minor relationships occasionally I have a dream about her. The dreams have changed though. In the beginning we would still be dating or just post breakup. In the later ones they were always after the breakup sometimes years after. She is not the only person from my past who on occasion is in my dreams too.

In the days and months after the event I think the dreams are an emotional response. However as time goes on I think they mean less and less. But again I think its completely normal . It's cliche but from my experience time does heal wounds even if not totally. Creating new memories or intaking lots of media like movies or reading could give the mind other things to conjure up. Also this is not an endorsement however for some people weed prevents them for dreaming. Hopefully something in this rant was helpful.

Tired_of_myself

Tired_of_myself

Jan 2, 2024
It's funny to see this thread today, because it's been a while since I've been here and today I dreamed last night about my ex from years ago.

We don't keep in touch and we didn't end on a friendly note - she hit me, hit my mother, stole my business and even spread the word to the city that I hurt her.

In the dream, she wanted to get back together with me and I threw myself off a bridge to escape... but it was a small point in an unhealthy river. I stayed under the bridge, breathing through a gap between the water and the bridge. When I ran out of air, I woke up with a fright.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
It's funny to see this thread today, because it's been a while since I've been here and today I dreamed last night about my ex from years ago.

We don't keep in touch and we didn't end on a friendly note - she hit me, hit my mother, stole my business and even spread the word to the city that I hurt her.

In the dream, she wanted to get back together with me and I threw myself off a bridge to escape... but it was a small point in an unhealthy river. I stayed under the bridge, breathing through a gap between the water and the bridge. When I ran out of air, I woke up with a fright.
I just woke up sweating from a horrible nightmare along the same lines, I wrap my arms around you and give you a huge hug and tell you that you are never alone here.

Lots of love, kindness and the knowledge that you are part of a great good on here. I leave it this way as being pro-choice, everyone can add/think as they wish on this aspect.

Walter

• Hugs