Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
im nearing 30 and feel pathetic. I'll never have a career. Being mentally ill as a teen is just a quirk, but it morphs into outcast.

Just another reason to ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Sinai Silence, lazy.depressed and 15 others
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Yes i feel horrific about it

Reactions: Skathon, Existingnotliving, c824767 and 6 others
lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
jiddukrishnamurti1-2x.jpg

Reactions: whyme1966, lazy.depressed, Dead Horse and 13 others
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Yes, I am a little embarrassed to admit that I am on SSI because of my history of severe depression. I do not like to admit either unless I think that the person I am communicating with can be trusted. Of course, my reluctance to admit to being on SSI and having depression leaves me at a loss when people ask me, "What do you do?" I usually say that I volunteer at church (and for the past few months, that I am a caregiver for my mother), but when people ask "What do you do?", I think they usually mean "What is your source of income?" By definition, volunteers are not paid: neither are most caregivers to infirm and/or elderly relatives.

Reactions: whyme1966, c824767, Final Escape and 8 others
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Yes, I am a little embarrassed to admit that I am on SSI because of my history of severe depression. I do not like to admit either unless I think that the person I am communicating with can be trusted. Of course, my reluctance to admit to being on SSI and having depression leaves me at a loss when people ask me, "What do you do?" I usually say that I volunteer at church (and for the past few months, that I am a caregiver for my mother), but when people ask "What do you do?", I think they usually mean "What is your source of income?" By definition, volunteers are not paid: neither are most caregivers to infirm and/or elderly relatives.

Such important job that is not recognised being a caregiver <3

• Aww..
Reactions: whyme1966, lazy.depressed, Final Escape and 5 others
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I used to be embarrassed about being an adult and having depression. Now I'm not.

• Love
Reactions: whyme1966, paintedhouse, Norest4thewicked and 5 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Yes I 'm a complete and utter failure and I hate being asked what I do for a living. I'm not mentally ill though but then every mentally ill person probably thinks that.

Reactions: roju, whyme1966, lazy.depressed and 7 others
sky7

sky7

Student
Aug 21, 2018
I used to be embarrassed when I was in my 20s. Was in denial too and rejected treatment except when I was forced to go.

Now that I am older I'm not embarrassed. But taking psychology courses in college and seeing how prevalent mental illnesses are helped too.

• Hugs
Reactions: whyme1966, lazy.depressed, Final Escape and 4 others
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
I used to say that I'm a student. But now I say I do freelancing. I have dabbled in it in the past but it's not what I'm doing now. The next problem is explaining why I can never afford to go out. It's such a problem.

Reactions: Final Escape, Red star, NoOneKnows and 3 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
im nearing 30 and feel pathetic. I'll never have a career. Being mentally ill as a teen is just a quirk, but it morphs into outcast.

Volatile, I know so well how you feel, but please do not give up on yourself or your career. We have a lot to offer. We think differently than other people, and we have gifts that others don't. Please believe me, and please do not give up on yourself or your career. Like you, I always think about how my neuroses/psychoses could be excused as quirkiness in my younger years, and now it's seen as more dire. Please don't fall prey to this thinking. We have a lot to offer the world, I am sure of it.

Reactions: Final Escape, Red star, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Maravilloso, it's maravilloso that you volunteer. It's no one's business how you make money. Don't feel like you owe people a response. You are contributing to society, and that is what matters. Tell people to eff themselves if they can't handle someone volunteering.

Reactions: whyme1966, justanotherday, Ashpac and 4 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
I didn't used to be embarrassed about having depression or ptsd...or even bipolar. But I am about having DID.

Reactions: Final Escape, Red star, NoOneKnows and 2 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018

Yes. Mental illness has made my life hell - tainting every relationship, job, friendship, experience etc.

I fully support assisted suicide for chronic mental illness.

Reactions: everydayiloveyou, Existingnotliving, whyme1966 and 6 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
There's nothing worse than being unable to work and having to answer "what do you do" questions. I am mentally ill, the medical system has failed me, I'm up to my eyeballs in debt and I can't get benefits because they don't really know what's going on with me. What a wonderful world.

Reactions: roju, Existingnotliving, Final Escape and 9 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
There's nothing worse than being unable to work and having to answer "what do you do" questions. I am mentally ill, the medical system has failed me, I'm up to my eyeballs in debt and I can't get benefits because they don't really know what's going on with me. What a wonderful world.
Getting a bullshit diagnosis on paper to make it official. I had a psych intake years ago when I was unable to sleep, eat or function in general. Told them I was thinking about suicide. Dr just said I was depressed and prescribed put me on meds. Years later I was diagnosed as bipolar. Hospitalizations suicide attempts on and on. Just want to die and be done with this.

Reactions: Final Escape, Throwaway563078, littlelungs and 3 others
DreamFreedom

DreamFreedom

Thane
Oct 3, 2018
I've never been open about anything mentally. Never been to any doctor or hospital about it and As far as anyone around me is concerned, I'm just a sad socially awkward lazy "adult". But I am embarrassed of it, if ever my mom questions if I'm depressed, I get so defensive like it makes me a failure.

• Aww..
Reactions: whyme1966, Final Escape, Throwaway563078 and 6 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
It's just so sad what kind of situation we find ourselves in. When we are jobless and face innumerable setbacks such as health, homelessness, hunger, debt,, hell even the pursuit of happiness is lost in transition. Then when we have a job atleast according to me it's just as bad being forced to do something you don't like just to barely survive let alone thrive. It's just so pathetic how the human system has been rigged to the point of unnecessary suffering amounting to the millions perhaps billions of people forced to do shit they don't like and every lifer just goes along with the typical life script bullshit and taunts 'Welp that's just life' or 'It is what it is' as if those are justifiable answers. What's the point of trying when the harder you try the harder you fall?

Reactions: roju, Existingnotliving, justanotherday and 11 others
Meena

Meena

Student
Jun 7, 2018
I am bipolar.
My life turned upside down at 24 y old when i had my first big crisis.
Now i accept better the fact that i have mental illness and don't care anymore about others opinions

Reactions: azucaramargo, longingforrelease, Final Escape and 3 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
It's just so sad what kind of situation we find ourselves in. When we are jobless and face innumerable setbacks such as health, homelessness, hunger, debt,, hell even the pursuit of happiness is lost in transition. Then when we have a job atleast according to me it's just as bad being forced to do something you don't like just to barely survive let alone thrive. It's just so pathetic how the human system has been rigged to the point of unnecessary suffering amounting to the millions perhaps billions of people forced to do shit they don't like and every lifer just goes along with the typical life script bullshit and taunts 'Welp that's just life' or 'It is what it is' as if those are justifiable answers. What's the point of trying when the harder you try the harder you fall?
Feel this completely.

I'm so fucking through with everything. I've been in the hospital when I was a teen, was very ashamed of it and kept that hidden, depression and anxiety really makes it impossible to have a decent life, did shitty jobs until I was unable, because I have to and can't just go under, now I find myself completely suicidally depressed and barely able to function, what is the fucking point of me starting all over again? Housing situation is fucked, work situation is fucked and i'm In excruciating mental pain from depression any time I'm conscious. Fuck all of this shit. There's no alternative to this hellish system that I have absolutely no place in except to suffer.

Reactions: roju, justanotherday, Ashpac and 3 others
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018

I think about this often. It gets worse as I get older - the hopelessness and shame. I've always had troubles but as a teen I at least had hope for the future and people still had hope in me. But now I know that I'm finished.

Reactions: roju, Existingnotliving, Ashpac and 4 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I can't help but feel ashamed that I have a payee. But I have been judged harshly for for having SSI. The bitch said "I work with someone who has cancer and she never complains. I hate people who contribute nothing to society". Oh that fucking cunt! I never talked about her on here before but it was back in 2015. I don't even want to think about it.

Reactions: Ashpac, Final Escape, wxtyubidi7y and 5 others
The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nyiach des uti nesi deh ahy.
Nov 3, 2018
I've been on disability since I was somewhere around 20, and I'm 36 now. I'm about a month and a half shy of my 37th. When I applied it was because of how misanthropic I am. But now I have the added bonus of advanced muscular dystrophy. So I'm also in a motherfucking wheelchair now. I'm a useless husk. All I am able to do anymore is eat sleep and shit.

Reactions: Ashpac, Final Escape, worldexploder and 4 others
Sickofit

Sickofit

Student
Nov 2, 2018
Im not diagnosed with anything, but i feel like im a tad autistic as sometimes when i speak to peoplex especially girls, i start swandering off and staring everywhere and start stratching my eyes etc.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape and worldexploder
The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nov 3, 2018
I was clinically diagnosed about a year and a half ago as a sociopath. I found that rather interesting.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ashpac and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

I never took disability I just decided to become a sex worker which I know is totally messed up and I pay a high price for it in many ways. My self worth is beyond destroyed and beyond repair. If I did get therapy I'm sure it would take years to undo the damage from multiple abortions and repeat heartbreaks if it's even possible to recover. I do have emotional regulation problems and learning disability but for some reason I resented having to get on disability even though I probably would be better off now had I done so years ago. I'm not saying going on disability should be a source of shame and people who need it should not go on it, but I have a deep distrust of the system and because it doesn't really help people lead quality lives but just gives u a little bit of money that u can barely survive on. Then u develop a dependence on the government and because whatever the government gives it can take away on a whim. It just didn't make me feel at ease, plus the amount of time it takes u to get it and what a dreadful process this is. I'm not saying it should be easy but it doesn't take a genius to figure out who needs help and who just wants to use the system. It certainly doesn't take years. You can investigate people and find out within a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Right? Lol! I really hate when people ask me what I do, this even comes from guys I see who pay me lol! Dude this is what I do, I don't feel capable of holding a normal job because I can't control my responses when I feel the rage come on in a work environment, or extreme frustration during the periods of idle time at many work places. I don't know how to manage the constant changes in moods and stuff. I can handle people for an hour at a time lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: azucaramargo, justanotherday and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
The Blackangel

The Blackangel

Nov 3, 2018
I didn't have a problem getting disability. The government always denies it when you apply, unless you're blind or quadriplegic or something like that. So you have to appeal. But for me on my first appeal I got the disability. And on average it goes up about $5 every year. $5 isn't enough to help with jack shit unless you just want a soda at a gas station, but at least it doesn't go down $5.

Reactions: Maravillosa, wxtyubidi7y and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
WaitingForTheBus

WaitingForTheBus

Student
Oct 27, 2018
Yes, particularly for the reasons that may seem insignificant to those that don't suffer from mental health issues. Not many people know why, but those that do, I sometimes feel like I am being judged and silently told to "harden the fuck up". It makes me feel weak.

Reactions: Norest4thewicked, Maravillosa and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I didn't have a problem getting disability. The government always denies it when you apply, unless you're blind or quadriplegic or something like that. So you have to appeal. But for me on my first appeal I got the disability. And on average it goes up about $5 every year. $5 isn't enough to help with jack shit unless you just want a soda at a gas station, but at least it doesn't go down $5.

I began to receive SSI without having to make an appeal. I have no major physical health issues (OK, I have asthma, sleep apnea and hypothyroidism, but none of those are truly disabling for me). Of course, this was in 2004 -- standards might have tightened since then. Social Security does call me every year or two and ask for my bank statements to make sure that I am not scamming them or have other sources of income. And you are right -- once a year, the monthly amount of SSI increases by $5 or so.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
I was clinically diagnosed about a year and a half ago as a sociopath. I found that rather interesting.
ASPD. I got that too! Clinical depression, bi polar type one effective and anxiety. A therapists wet dream. Never been embarrassed by it. Every one I know knows 'I'm not quite right'. So sometimes I wear the fucker like a badge

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and WaitingForTheBus