Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
I can't watch anything that isn't horror and that doesn't contain death. Right now I'm watching Hereditary. People say its a good movie.

anyway, I was wondering if it was common for suicidal people to not be able to enjoy more lighthearted shows.

Reactions: QuietLake and Brick In The Wall
eguiö

eguiö

Dec 16, 2021
Yeah thats me right now. Watched Midsommar, Hereditary, It Follows, Cabin in the Woods, Killing of a sacred deer and American Psycho Last Week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foresight and Brick In The Wall
Cosmic dust

Cosmic dust

Among the stars
Feb 28, 2022
There was a time I loved zombie movies for that reason, society collapsing, people dying, that was my dream.

I still don't watch many lighthearted shows, but I think I was always just a bit afraid of certain emotions and ideas.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Foresight and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've been obsessed with horror since I was a kid and never looked back. Indie horror movies have gotten so good over recent years. I'd highly recommend anything coming from A24.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Foresight, eguiö and 1 other person
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Watched Midsommar

I watched midsommar yesterday and hereditary today. tbh I found both movies to be really overrated. I wasn't impressed at all by any of them and I don't get the hype. but I'm not gonna lie midsommar was rather captivating and I liked the ending. I liked that it was a sinister ending for such an aesthetically pleasing movie.

My favorite horror producer I think is Mike Flanagan who made Hauting of Hill House (that I think is a masterpiece). I also liked midnight mass.

Behind Her Eyes was also a good watch (I felt I needed therapy after watching that ending).

Reactions: Sakura94
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
I watch only horror videos on YouTube like cemeteries at nights, exploring haunted places. There is YouTube channel which explores and talks about famous people graves and the history about them, i just love it. I'm a weirdo i guess.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: anxious_depressive, Foresight, medjooled11 and 2 others
J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
What do you like about horror as a genre? I gravitate toward "dark" movies in general, but most horror seems like a schlock-fest to me. I liked "The Witch" and "The Shining" though, and "The Hour of the Wolf," if that counts as horror.

Reactions: Insomniac
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
I used to be obsessed with the old slasher franchises as a kid: Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, you name it. I don't watch movies much anymore though, I have to be REALLY in the mood.

U

UnwantedUnlovable85

Dec 2, 2021
A really good movie to watch when depressed is magnolia. I personally love pet semetery the book because it is such a depressing and downward spiral of a man and his family by an evil supernatural force. The movie is great but the book is more in depth

• Love
Reactions: anxious_depressive and Insomniac
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
It's my favorite genre hands down. I went on a search to find some crazier films after being pretty disappointed by the stuff here in the US, and I've been watching some New French Extremity and there's really nothing that comes close these days to it.

Martyrs and Inside are two really great, insane horror movies if you're not new to the genre. Martyrs legit gave me nightmares for a few days, felt too real.

I watch anything too lighthearted and it makes me feel even more sad, lol.

Reactions: Élégie
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I'm quite the opposite.

Reactions: Istanbulite and lili
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I watched midsommar yesterday and hereditary today. tbh I found both movies to be really overrated. I wasn't impressed at all by any of them and I don't get the hype. but I'm not gonna lie midsommar was rather captivating and I liked the ending. I liked that it was a sinister ending for such an aesthetically pleasing movie.
I agree Midsommar is overrated. But if you still thought it was ok, consider watching The Wicker Man (1973). It's similar to Midsommar, just better.

U

UnwantedUnlovable85

Dec 2, 2021
I agree Midsommar is overrated. But if you still thought it was ok, consider watching The Wicker Man (1973). It's similar to Midsommar, just better.
Not that nick cage unintentionally funny one lol "NOT THE BEEEEES!!!"

Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
thanks, I'll watch it now

Reactions: MelancholyMagic
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Yeah I love horror. Another good folk horror is Blood on Satan's Claw.
Last horror movie I saw was House that Jack built.

One good thing about horror is not having to think much. It's mostly about atmosphere and terror.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Yes! It was years like this but my ptsd made even horror too much.

Now all I can do is sci-fi. Anything ordinary and of this world is too much for me. I can't touch sitcoms. They make me physically uncomfortable. I'm so alien to the lifestyle they portray.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I can't watch anything that isn't horror and that doesn't contain death. Right now I'm watching Hereditary. People say its a good movie.

anyway, I was wondering if it was common for suicidal people to not be able to enjoy more lighthearted shows.

For me, Japanese and other Asian horror movies are the absolute best - like The Grudge, The Ring, Dark Water, and such - try those :wink:

The movies mentioned above are of the ghost movie type, though, so don't expect any slashing, like in Friday the 13th or Scream.

Reactions: Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I love asian too. I've never seen Dark Water. The genre likes to mess with your deep sense of wanting safety and your fear of the unknown while Western horror is more shock and jump scares.

I like the A24 style though.

Reactions: Julgran
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I love asian too. I've never seen Dark Water. The genre likes to mess with your deep sense of wanting safety and your fear of the unknown while Western horror is more shock and jump scares.

I like the A24 style though.

Yeah, those Asian movie seem to have the goal of actually scaring you senseless, while western movies are more like thriller/murder movies - at least that's how I see them.

Reactions: Foresight