V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
I watched Attack on Titan. Now I'm watching Yu Yu Hakusho. It really helps fill the void until I turn off the screen and cold reality swoops back in. It's an awful feeling.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, Fragile, hatelife and 2 others
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
For me it's Stargate SG1 and SGA (SGU doesn't exist in case someone here wants to get cute ;) ). Round and round and round and round.

Uh, I forgot, just rewatched Buffy, Bleach and InuYasha for childhood memories sake.

Last edited:
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
I love Attack on Titan. It's one of my favorite anime. But yes, I do. If I'm not distracting myself with shows, movies, video games, or books I feel completely dead inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: V0latile
V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
For me it's Stargate SG1 and SGA (SGU doesn't exist in case someone here wants to get cute ;) ). Round and round and round and round.

Uh, I forgot, just rewatched Buffy, Bleach and InuYasha for childhood memories sake.
Yeah I'm watching shows I watched as a kid too like Hey Arnold. Some shows don't hold up as an adult though.
I love Attack on Titan. It's one of my favorite anime. But yes, I do. If I'm not distracting myself with shows, movies, video games, or books I feel completely dead inside.
How many hours per day (besides sleep) are you not engaged in your distractions?

Reactions: Woodnote
E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
Yes. Currently I'm rewatching Bojack Horseman.

• Love
Reactions: BlessedOffal and azucaramargo
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
Yeah I'm watching shows I watched as a kid too like Hey Arnold. Some shows don't hold up as an adult though.
Oh that is so true, some episodes I didn't enjoy at all. Some episodes had insane obvious flaws in their logic that it's almost painfully stupid. But I watched them all anyway. Lead to a few hours laughs and killed a lot of time. I don't watch full time though, so I don't sit there and stare at the screen, it was more background for company while working through the junk in my apartment. So it's not too lonely and quiet.

Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
How many hours per day (besides sleep) are you not engaged in your distractions?

I work 8 hours a day during the week so during those hours I'm not able to do anything. But when I'm home I make sure I'm distracted at all times.

Reactions: azucaramargo, Circles and V0latile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
yea, all day long some times.

they help me to forget about my life for a while, i like to get really invested in them for that purpose. and also while i wait for my day to CTB because i can't do it just yet.

I wish they had released season 6 all at once

yea, fuck that split season finale bullshit, but at least it gives me something to look forward in 2020.

Reactions: azucaramargo
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
Yes, I did it with parks and recreation lately.

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
I usually do it with youtube people. Have to always hear their voice or I have to hear mine.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
yeah lol. i have shows i love where i have an emotional attachment to characters in love specifically, like Game of Thrones (Dany and Jon). Pretty much trying to embody and feel what love would feel like, and live through it through characters and in a sense feel their happiness. kinda sad lol

divinized

divinized

Nov 26, 2018
Yes. You have to find a really good show though. I usually binge bojack horseman or black mirror.