• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

if only this was just a simulation
Jun 25, 2022
until death. It's tragic. There is no magical cure out there, and autism never gets better or worse. Actually, it might get worse but I'm not an expert. Can't socialize properly, can't get a job properly, can't make friends properly. Autism is a curse. TV shows will glamorize it as some sort of superpower. If that's the case, how come I'm still stuck in gold rank in league of legends after playing it for more than a decade? I'm hard-stuck in the most average rank while others are diamond and above. Some superpower this is.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I guess there is always hope, false it might be, that a cure may appear for any previously incurable conditions. There are now treatments for some autoimmune conditions, at a price. I don't know if people should be hopeful or realistic.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
My Asperger's/autism got better for a while (middle school and high school) but then it got worse again (college). I think the pandemic played a part in it worsening. I lost social skills due to it and I've become a hiki since graduating college because I failed to launch into the real world (not that I wanted to anyways). I hate how the world relies so much on socialization. I wish it weren't like this

Last edited:
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
My parents always told me that I was going to grow out of it eventually. I grew out of some of the worst aspects of it, like the meltdowns, and sensory overload (still a bit sensitive to loud noise but who isn't?). But since I was an outcast as I child I never learned social skills so I was screwed for my teen and adult years. I'm expected to "like" the crappy jobs I work. I got a new one recently and my dad told me that having this job is a way for me to have a reason to get out of bed and not be bored. It's a fucking rubber factory. The expectation is that I will be satisfied with this. I see flaws in social rules and whatever yet I'm supposed to just abide by them. But it's okay, I can be happy without friends, without a decent job, and if I'm not that's apparently my fault.

If that's the case, how come I'm still stuck in gold rank in league of legends after playing it for more than a decade? I'm hard-stuck in the most average rank while others are diamond and above.
Off-topic-ish but there is a psychological explanation for this that I could share I just need time to find it. In a nutshell from what I remember it's not about how much time you put into it but if you're learning anything and whether you can acknowledge your own mistakes. And also because it's league and there's a lot more luck involved than you think.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
My parents always told me that I was going to grow out of it eventually. I grew out of some of the worst aspects of it, like the meltdowns, and sensory overload (still a bit sensitive to loud noise but who isn't?). But since I was an outcast as I child I never learned social skills so I was screwed for my teen and adult years.
I grew out of them as well. The little social skills I had disappeared with the pandemic though. I'm also screwed for my adult years. I'm not going to live out adulthood with ASD.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I grew out of them as well. The little social skills I had disappeared with the pandemic though. I'm screwed for my adult years as well. I'm not going to live out adulthood with ASD.
Yeah I don't want to either. Especially when it's just obstacle after obstacle but it can't quite seem to be overcome. You're going to be exploited in workplaces (but I thought that was illegal!), and probably relationships too so why bother? I'd be gone now if it wasn't for the DMV refusing to accept any documentation for a gun license.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
My autism was extremely awful back then to even comprehend that I had autism in the first place and, once I understood myself more, I was already old enough to realise that autism is a lifelong disability. I hate that I'm autistic and I'd say that it caused all of my suffering and pain. If I wasn't autistic, I don't think I'd be on this site

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
It can get better, but... It won't come naturally. You will have to put in ton of effort and mask. You might experience burn out after a while. It never goes away fully

T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
I did not even know until very recently that I've been on the spectrum for the whole life. Now it is very late.

Last edited: