• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

KANCEL

Feb 21, 2024
I cant stand their slogan "Brewed for those with a fighting spirit"

I feel like it's a personal attack every time I hear the commercial and those words "fighting spirit"

Even though the word "spirit" is likely a made up word for something that doesn't really exist….like the word "rights", it still cuts straight through me every time I hear the commercial

I say FU to the TV every time they say those words….

Similarly, my genre interest in movies and documentaries has changed over the years…

As I purposely try to avoid anything that is Heartwarming, Uplifting or the worst INSPIRATIONAL

I don't drink beer often, but when I do, it won't be a Modelo, needless to say….

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
What, you can't identify with Amanda Nunes' struggle? Fighting her way through life and kicking ass at every turn? You loser. You must be a member of a ctb forum.

• Yay!
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think that it's clever advertising which glorifies substance use. The use of the term "fighting spirit" makes it seem like drinking beer is something that noble, strong and tough people do, and that drinking it makes you "better". Especially in American society where mavericks are respected and idolized, and toughness is a sign of character, this will entice people to buy their product, and to drink beer as a sign of their own strength.

Last edited:
K

KANCEL

Feb 21, 2024
People with depression are some of the biggest fighters I know. Our minds telling us death makes sense, making it hard to even get out of bed, hard to even brush teeth, but get on with life and survive.
I agree, as chronic depression has ruled my life. I'm torn because on one hand I find myself never giving up on things that other "normal" people easily give up on, but when it comes to life I've given up and lost all desire to try anymore or find any meaningful reason to do so…..I always somewhat like troubleshooting things, but when it comes to troubleshooting my life I am hollow…