CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Without victim blaming myself, I am fully aware the problem is me. I don't fight back, I just want to be left alone, I'm respectful so of course bullies get drawn to me. Every job I have had at least one manager has decided to harass me everyday which is not good for my suicidal thoughts at all. Anyone else have this issue? Of course I've been bullied my whole life one way or the other so you'd think I'd be used to it.

Working fucking sucks as it is but people really ruin the experience.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Source Energy, Therealnobody, Anxieyote and 7 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Yeah, this is me. I don't think it's because im submissive though (even though I am) I think it's simply that I couldn't be bothered sucking up to my bosses/managers (or even my coworkers for that matter) and I do the bare minimum/take short cuts at work whenever possible because I have no desire to move up the ladder because at the end of the day, when you break it all down, work doesn't even matter and literally anyone is replaceable nowadays.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Therealnobody, CatLove56, Anxieyote and 4 others
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
what industry are you in? If you don't feel comfortable sharing that I understand

It makes me sad to hear something like this though. I also got bullied as a kid and when I worked retail I would sometimes have really mean coworkers who made it a total hell.

I feel like the story tends to be that in the workplace those problems pretty much go away, but in my experience it gets worse especially in "tough" industries and positions like retail, finance, management, medicine, tech, etc...

The difference is that little kids don't ever pretend they like you, and they can't sabotage your work since everyone does their own thing. In the workplace though, everything has a double meaning and people will hate your guts and smile to your face while they make it their goal to fuck up your entire day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Therealnobody, CatLove56, LastLoveLetter and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
lol yeah. i had one threaten to kill me with the boss right there and shit fucking all was done about it

• Aww..
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Therealnobody, Anxieyote, LastLoveLetter and 1 other person
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Yup. Every fucking time, right down the middle. Someone always picks on my omega-male vibe pretty quickly. Usualy man. So they get encouraged to boost their insecurity on someone more insecure.
Thankfully, I'm a madman, so after a bit of tolerating I bring down the sky on them.
Which just makes everyone else start to avoid me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Therealnobody, Anxieyote, LastLoveLetter and 2 others
S

sillysweary

Aug 14, 2021
Yep. And not just workplaces. Any group environment I'm in leads me to being the asshole that everyone else dicks on. I know it's me that's the issue, but it would be nice to have a break from it just once. Now I just avoid other humans if at all possible.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
A harassment magnet in general. I often encounter 2 extremes when it comes to other people. They either (and often) coldy ignore me, but the only time they do not ignore me is when they want to ridicule. So it is a choice between people who never want to talk to me, or loudmouths who never shut up, and hurl verbal abuse.

In public, or in the streets I encounter a general form of harassment. Men tend to be openly vocal toward me with their mocking, sometimes to the point of aggression, but women on the other hand are bitchy and will snigger as I walk past. This is usually to do with my appearance, because my image does not fit the standards that both genders have - at least locally.

At work I experience a more specific form of harassment (or abuse), and it is because of my job. Where I live "blue-collar" workers, as we are sometimes called, are looked down on and made fun of. Apparently those who are considered working-class are subhuman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anxieyote
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
Goddamn normie apes.

Whenever you're forced to be with a group of people you didn't choose to be with for multiple hours a day, someone's feelings are going to get hurt.

It's definitely preferable to be ignored rather than harassed, and 90% of the time I'm just ignored. I always try to be surface-level friendly with people, but that is about as far as it goes. I have had a few instances of people taking advantage of me, or making fun of me behind my back. It is just an expected part of human interaction at this point. I hate it, but there's nothing I can do.

Reactions: Therealnobody