• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DepressedDude

DepressedDude

Apr 21, 2024
I've had for the past 6 months. It was really bad for about 4 months couldn't do anything except lay down. It got a bit better like I can do a few things like watch some Netflix and stuff but it's caused too much mental damage from overthinking.

Mine was brought on by Antipsychotics so it may be different if yours is from something else.

L

life360d_on_me

Apr 19, 2024
I've had for the past 6 months. It was really bad for about 4 months couldn't do anything except lay down. It got a bit better like I can do a few things like watch some Netflix and stuff but it's caused too much mental damage from overthinking.

Mine was brought on by Antipsychotics so it may be different if yours is from something else.
Was it once you got off them? I'm on quetiapine (for sleep)

DepressedDude

DepressedDude

Apr 21, 2024
Yes, I had injections so had to wait for them to leave my system.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
M

marsupial

Apr 9, 2024
I'm so sorry to hear this and I hope you find some relief. At my worst, I couldn't even walk. Legs of lead. I haven't tried meds or anything for it, I just...try really hard not to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: real human being
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
It's a permanent fixture of my life due to another condition. I can find ways to occupy my time though, thankfully.

real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
Yeah been dealing with it my whole life. I relate to what someone else here said about how at its worst your legs feel too heavy to even walk.

• Hugs
Reactions: Melancholic_Misfit
Felodese

Felodese

Mar 31, 2024
I've had it for so long now that I'm having trouble remembering what it was like without it. I've been told that doing things that could potentionally be fun/pleasurable or whatever, over and over every day - even though it gives you no joy at all, at the moment - will eventually trigger your brain to stop being so stingy with the happy chemicals. Hasn't worked for me, but it might for someone else.

Reactions: sirciroc
sirciroc

sirciroc

Feb 4, 2024
I've had it for years. There are few things that bring me joy anymore when I'm alone by myself. I struggle every day tbh

Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

poisoned to my rotten core
Oct 1, 2023
It's part of my username for a reason.

I wish there was something I could advise or say that would help, but I can't really find a way out of it either. For me it comes in waves; if it strikes me, I just give in and do the best I can at that time until it subsides. Fighting it or trying to engage with the things I love anyway has proven to be pointless.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
Melancholic_Misfit

Melancholic_Misfit

She/Her. We all end up here (in the end)
Mar 26, 2024
...yeah...

I pretty much need to trick/force/convince/get myself to get things done.
Usually in the form of reminders and to-do lists. I guess something about being able to mark them as complete giving you satisfaction?

I wonder if by the time I get on pills, this'll change.
Or if this would've change if my environment and circumstances were different.