PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
Personally, I play single player games 95% of the time. For some reason, I really like dark/depressing or horror games. FromSoftware games (especially Dark Souls 1-3), Silent Hill (especially 2), Resident Evil, etc... Also big fan of TES and Fallout. Really helps you forget about life and all that. What do you play? Any recommendations?

• Love
Reactions: AvoidingMyself, rebelonceagain, Sweet Tart and 4 others
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I have no recommendations because I only have played the same set of games for a while now. Cursed be live services.

I am a Runescape (MMORPG) addict. I have been playing since late 2006. I have spent over TEN THOUSAND hours on this one game.
1,800 hours since 2021 on the re-release of GrandChase, who knows how much I played when I was a kid.
1,200 hours on Paladins, but I quit 'cause the voice chat got too toxic for my nerves.
Hundreds of hours on Brawlhalla, but I quit 'cause I kept getting stressed in ranked and kept biting myself to relieve the stress.

It's definitely cope. It's a safe space where I know most of the variables already, no anxiety in liking/disliking/saving for later a new game.
It's comfort food.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart and PyramidHead
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
I have no recommendations because I only have played the same set of games for a while now. Cursed be live services.

I am a Runescape (MMORPG) addict. I have been playing since late 2006. I have spent over TEN THOUSAND hours on this one game.
1,800 hours since 2021 on the re-release of GrandChase, who knows how much I played when I was a kid.
1,200 hours on Paladins, but I quit 'cause the voice chat got too toxic for my nerves.
Hundreds of hours on Brawlhalla, but I quit 'cause I kept getting stressed in ranked and kept biting myself to relieve the stress.

It's definitely cope. It's a safe space where I know most of the variables already, no anxiety in liking/disliking/saving for later a new game.
It's comfort food.
No kidding, I hate live services. I tried Brawlhalla for a while, but I can't handle competitive environments too well. Same goes for Paladins. Can't say I've heard of GrandChase. Runescape's a good one too, but I never got into it because it was too confusing for me when I was a kid rofl

Your last few sentences describe my Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim experiences perfectly, 2k+ hrs in Skyrim and ~1.2k in New Vegas lol

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I mostly play single player games mostly nostalgic favourites from the PS1, PS2, PSP, Sega Genesis, SNES, Neo Geo, and Dreamcast and a few old archived PC games

the ones I have yet to play and have enjoyed are

Baroque
Slap Happy Rhythm Busters
Gregory Horror Show
Echochrome
Vib Ribbon
Virtua Fighter
Four Sight
SSX 3
Avalanche 1080
Samurai Showdown
Harvester
Patapon
Phantasy Star
Goo Goo Soundy
Kula World
Splatter House
Space Channel 5
Crazy Taxi
Thrill Kill
Beatmania
Jet de Go
Ridge Racer Type 4
etc. there's too many to list/remember

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart, demuic, PyramidHead and 1 other person
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
I mostly play single player games mostly nostalgic favourites from the PS1, PS2, PSP, Sega Genesis, SNES, Neo Geo, and Dreamcast and a few old archived PC games

the ones I have yet to play and have enjoyed are

Baroque
Slap Happy Rhythm Busters
Gregory Horror Show
Echochrome
Vib Ribbon
Virtua Fighter
Four Sight
SSX 3
Avalanche 1080
Samurai Showdown
Harvester
Patapon
Phantasy Star
Goo Goo Soundy
Kula World
Splatter House
Space Channel 5
Crazy Taxi
Thrill Kill
Beatmania
Jet de Go
Ridge Racer Type 4
etc. there's too many to list/remember
Wow, I'm ashamed to say I only recognize 4 of these games and I've only played 2 of them myself. Nostalgic games hit different, I swear. Do you play any PS3 and later generation games?

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Wow, I'm ashamed to say I only recognize 4 of these games and I've only played 2 of them myself. Nostalgic games hit different, I swear. Do you play any PS3 and later generation games?
I haven't played anything on PS3 since 2016 or maybe that was 2017 I remember playing GTA can't remember the title for the specific one but it was 3 stories in one ???the one with the wonky driving???, GTA5, Little Big Planet, and I guess that's it because that was so long ago :ahhha:

I am not surprised some of them are unrecognizable because some of them were only released in Japan and I think one of them is a game that was canceled when it comes to the PS1 and PS2 discography and a lot of them I discovered on YT from archive channels and decided to play them (or some are just from memory)

or I saw them here (I also played a of of Gamecube games as well The Sims 2, The Urbz, Spyro: Enter the Dragon, almost every Naruto related fighting game, Gun, and my favourite Cel Damage)

edit: as for modern games I have played a lot of old but somewhat relevant rpg maker games like space funeral, and yume nikki and then played some of the observation duty series, enjoyed Hylics a lot, used to play Identity V and OSRS then deleted my OSRS acc a year ago but now I am playing it again from time to time

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
badtzmaru

badtzmaru

Jul 1, 2023
i've been playing some pirate copies of games that can run in bad computers, the game is good though, i play Project Zomboid with some mods on it. used to play during dawn in my dayoffs and whenever i had a break from school. The modding comunitty is really big even though the game is not that popular itself, i like learning about it whenever i have the time to do so

Opera Instantneo 2023 07 12 231228 wwwgooglecom

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV) and PyramidHead
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
I haven't played anything on PS3 since 2016 or maybe that was 2017 I remember playing GTA can't remember the title for the specific one but it was 3 stories in one ???the one with the wonky driving???, GTA5, Little Big Planet, and I guess that's it because that was so long ago :ahhha:

I am not surprised some of them are unrecognizable because some of them were only released in Japan and I think one of them is a game that was canceled when it comes to the PS1 and PS2 discography and a lot of them I discovered on YT from archive channels and decided to play them (or some are just from memory)

or I saw them here (I also played a of of Gamecube games as well The Sims 2, The Urbz, Spyro: Enter the Dragon, almost every Naruto related fighting game, Gun, and my favourite Cel Damage)

edit: as for modern games I have played a lot of old but somewhat relevant rpg maker games like space funeral, and yume nikki and then played some of the observation duty series, enjoyed Hylics a lot, used to play Identity V and OSRS then deleted my OSRS acc a year ago but now I am playing it again from time to time
It might've been GTA IV (+ episodes from liberty city). LBG is such a charming game too.

Also by cancelled do you mean Thrill Kill? I found out about that game 5-6 years ago and I found it so fascinating lol. Can't believe I didn't know about that site tho, I'll definitely check it out.

Spyro is such a classic too, I love it. Man, I had a phase where I played a ton of rpg maker games too, and yume nikki definitely stood out from the rest. Now I'm kinda craving those niche rpg maker games.
i've been playing some pirate copies of games that can run in bad computers, the game is good though, i play Project Zomboid with some mods on it. used to play during dawn in my dayoffs and whenever i had a break from school. The modding comunitty is really big even though the game is not that popular itself, i like learning about it whenever i have the time to do so

View attachment 116018
Any game with a modding community has tons of replayability. I've seen lots of Project Zomboid videos, I might just give it a shot myself. Seems really cool ngl

Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV) and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
It might've been GTA IV (+ episodes from liberty city). LBG is such a charming game too
yeah that's the one

Now I'm kinda craving those niche rpg maker games.
I played a lot of them back to back (most of the translated ones on vgperson's website/blog and some that are well known and aren't on there)

the witch's house
the crooked man
mad father
ib
etc.

they were fun because I hardly remember all of the old let's play videos on them but some of them were really difficult for example The Boogeyman rpg (very hard to get a good ending unless you use the walkthrough) I also recommend OFF (good story bad combat) and Middens (kind of like yume nikki but also not)

Last edited:
Reactions: StolenLife and PyramidHead
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
yeah that's the one

I played a lot of them back to back (most of the translated ones on vgperson's website/blog and some that are well known and aren't on there)

the witch's house
the crooked man
mad father
ib
etc.

they were fun because I hardly remember all of the old let's play videos on them but some of them were really difficult for example The Boogeyman rpg (very hard to get a good ending unless you use the walkthrough)
I've played all of those except ib and boogeyman! Also Ao Oni, Corpse Party, and Mermaid Swamp (probably a lesser known one). My god, what a nostalgia trip. Thank you for reminding me of those games, seriously!!

• Love
Reactions: psp3000
Grimscribe

Grimscribe

In Defense of Non-Existence
May 16, 2023
Well, the ones you said are the ones I play. Currently replaying Bloodborne for the nth time and also wanting to start New Vegas again.

Reactions: PyramidHead
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
Well, the ones you said are the ones I play. Currently replaying Bloodborne for the nth time and also wanting to start New Vegas again.
The fact that Bloodborne is still a ps4 exclusive is going to be the end of me :(

sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
Fallout is a good one. That is my favorite video game franchise of all time. When it comes to just trying to chill and relax, I play one of those point and click adventure games or an RPG Maker game. Sometimes I will delve into horror to calm down, but that is just because whenever I get jumpscared, I laugh so it makes me feel a little better.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, psp3000, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
yeah that's the one

the witch's house
the crooked man
mad father
ib
etc.

they were fun because I hardly remember all of the old let's play videos on them but some of them were really difficult for example The Boogeyman rpg (very hard to get a good ending unless you use the walkthrough) I also recommend OFF (good story bad combat) and Middens (kind of like yume nikki but also not)
I played those too. I play freeware games in general since my parents would never allow me to buy games and I don't have an income yet.

Reactions: psp3000 and PyramidHead
Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
I actually play mario kart 8 online lol. It instantly gets my mind off of whatever I was thinking about.

• Love
Reactions: Csmith8827, psp3000, PyramidHead and 1 other person
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Depends, I sometimes fire up my Steam Deck and play some Switch visual novel games, or some random ps2 games, when I'm not at home but when I'm at home, I play games depending on my mood. When I just want to pass time, I play "The Long Drive", "Raft", "Settelment Survival", "BeamNG", "CoD Warzone" DMZ Mode or just play Minecraft.
If I want to game some quality games, I choose Witcher 3/Cyberpunk 2077/SpellForce The Order of Dawn on GoG since there I get better FPS due to lack of any annoying DRM Protection or on Steam I play Skyrim, Fallout4, Watch Dogs -Series.

I plan on getting more games soon since I got a 4tb nvme SSD in prime day deal and I'll get like 410$ from my friend since he needed a PC 2 years ago, I gave him my old HP Workstation and now since he's making his money again as an digital artist, once his PayPal transactions get confirmed, he'll send me that money. I originally planned to get a new GPU but my coworker will give me his rtx 2070 since he broke a power connector on it and wanted to throw it away. Fortunately I know how to solder stuff and I saw a new GPU power connector with the pins already on Ebay for 9$. I think a rtx 2070 is still a good option here

• Love
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I play SNES, it's my childhood. For the last year or two I've been going through all my games trying to put together the top 100

• Love
Reactions: psp3000 and PyramidHead
pochii

pochii

May 27, 2023
Personally, I play single player games 95% of the time. For some reason, I really like dark/depressing or horror games. FromSoftware games (especially Dark Souls 1-3), Silent Hill (especially 2), Resident Evil, etc... Also big fan of TES and Fallout. Really helps you forget about life and all that. What do you play? Any recommendations?
I also like to play games where I am alone. I often play games that dont exactly have a sad or dark environment but I create it. For me I like playing GTA V and driving around alone, with mods I can make it dark and rainy or snowy and remove all NPC's. I also like zombie games more confused on building a home isolated from the outside. Similarly I would recommend sons of the forest, I like to just build my house and stay in it. I don't actually know what the game is about, I think lost people but its nice.

• Love
pyroxenic

pyroxenic

Wanting to Sleep for Eternity
Feb 3, 2023
The games i play everyday to cope for now are Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail. But i want to start finishing games i bought but never started. Before, Monster Hunter series, Pokemon and nintendo games, and rhthym games along side online shooter games were games i used to cope with in the past. Now i narrowed it down to 2 for some reason.

• Love
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV for a little while and it is my refuge. I never played an MMO before but a friend got me to try it and it's addictive for me. I will eventually finish all the content that interests me and quit but there is so much content that I keep playing and playing. In general, I'm pretty into Final Fantasy and tho I have only played a handful of them, I have played them many, many times.

• Love
Reactions: lonegore and PyramidHead
_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Useless bastard almost making the decision to CTB.
Jul 24, 2023
I play Roblox, Battlecry and Downtown Mafia, to cope with my failureness and keep my mind off the cursed people in this world, and distracting me from thinking about all the bullshit that in happening to me.

• Love
Reactions: PyramidHead and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I play Roblox, Battlecry and Downtown Mafia, to cope with my failureness and keep my mind off the cursed people in this world, and distracting me from thinking about all the bullshit that in happening to me.
very happy to know that someone else here plays Roblox although I haven't played any games on there in a while

I used to frequent Doors and Ohio and a few other games that I can't remember on there at the moment

• Love
IIDARKIISHIKARI

IIDARKIISHIKARI

Jul 8, 2023
I primarily play Sea of Thieves these days with some Overwatch and Diablo sprinkled in. I play just about anything though. Excited for Texas Chainsaw, Armored Core, and Starfield to come out.

• Love
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
A heavily modded Stardew Valley (I think it has 250+ mods now) and Sun Haven, though I've been playing less of the latter in order to wait for future major updates and bug fixes.

• Love
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I'll often put a stream on or video essay and play Dr Mario. Lately been obsessed with Returnal.

• Love
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Im a sucker for tycoons on roblox can lost in them for hours.
I do fornite too. But roblox is my fav bar when I know my ass is getting kicked by a 6yr old In a murder mystery!!

• Love
_Alfarooq_

_Alfarooq_

Useless bastard almost making the decision to CTB.
Jul 24, 2023
Im a sucker for tycoons on roblox can lost in them for hours.
I do fornite too. But roblox is my fav bar when I know my ass is getting kicked by a 6yr old In a murder mystery!!
I play murder mystery 2 too

• Love
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Hearts of Iron 4, Touhou, Roblox, Minecraft, OSRS, & Garry's Mod and Fallout here and there.

• Love
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I've just currently got back into world of warcraft (classic era) and I'm having a blast. Recently I was so ill I couldn't even sit infront of a computer and spend 10 mins playing a game. Its such a relief now I can. Gaming has helped me so much over the years, sometimes I think I've wasted my life but then I wouldnt want to be doing anything else. I could spend hours talking about gaming but I will just say my most favourite game of all time is final fantasy 7.

I will just add everyone should play To The Moon at least once, it's a fantastic story

Last edited:
  • Love
PyramidHead

PyramidHead

Apr 27, 2023
I also like to play games where I am alone. I often play games that dont exactly have a sad or dark environment but I create it. For me I like playing GTA V and driving around alone, with mods I can make it dark and rainy or snowy and remove all NPC's. I also like zombie games more confused on building a home isolated from the outside. Similarly I would recommend sons of the forest, I like to just build my house and stay in it. I don't actually know what the game is about, I think lost people but its nice.
Sounds like something I could get into. I always loved driving around in GTA, it's pretty soothing. Especially Vice City, despite the dated graphics, the atmosphere is amazing.

Unfortunately I can't play sons of the forest at a stable framerate. Maybe if I ever get an upgrade.
Roblox is such a classic for me. Used to binge play for hours at a time during 2012-2016. Sometimes I still log on for the nostalgia.
Hearts of Iron 4, Touhou, Roblox, Minecraft, OSRS, & Garry's Mod and Fallout here and there.
Touhou's such a classic too. I got reeled in by the phenomenal OSTs. EOSD was my first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Touhou