_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
have seen quite a few post about drinking and at times i also just feel like craving getting something strong to have a break from life's pain, never had been into much drinking actually, anyone who can relate?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, SnowWhite, KleinerWolf and 5 others
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
have seen quite a few post about drinking and at times i also just feel like craving getting something tasty to have a break from all that madness life has to offer. never had been into much drinking actually, anyone who can relate?

I don't relate too much tbh, i absolutely love getting drunk at parties, just love it.
However i still live with my parents, who are muslim so against drinking, and there's this whole lockdown thing.
So i can't drink at all, if it weren't for them i'd get drunk literally every night until i passed out.
Don't know if having them being here and stopping me from doing so is a good thing or a bad one tbh.
Still, if you don't really have the habit of drinking, i suggest you don't begin, it could be hard to stop later on, and you could regret it if you became addicted.
I know this advice could be used for me too, but i don't care much anymore, my life is done, it's a matter of time before i ctb, and i just want to feel good.
Shame i can't tho.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Alec, Hennessy, Eternity04 and 5 others
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Yes, I can feel it sometimes. Unfortunately I am prohibited from drinking by my mother, I have to drink on the street... which is not pleasant and not at all safe. The drink helps a lot in the pains of my body.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, lostangel, SnowWhite and 5 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

Dec 9, 2019
but i don't care much anymore, my life is done, it's a matter of time before i ctb
same here, im just done with life, done with trying over and over maybe it will help to get me the push i need to bring it on

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, Recessed Deathnic, SnowWhite and 4 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I drink, it helps hide the pain, it helps my fake front last a little longer. but recently I am getting snide comments towards my drinking, which makes me feel awful. But a part of me is too selfish to care.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, FriendofDeath, Angina and 6 others
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
same here, im just done with life, done with trying over and over maybe it will help to get me the push i need to bring it on

I guess we're on the exact same page then.
Well, whatever you decide to do, i respect it, regarding your drinking decision, and your ctb decision.
Just make sure to not get too drunk if you're not used to it.
It feels good i think, but when it's too much, it's easy to do some really dumb shit that you regret later or can't even manage to remember, it's scary actually.
It's good to find a balance, like, being drunk in a way that makes you happy, but still keeping your senses somewhat.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, HappyMstake, SnowWhite and 5 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I've never been into drinking. I don't like alcohol or the feeling of being drunk. I will sometimes drink with friends, but I'm not very social either so that isn't always appealing. I prefer to just relax with a few drinks, I don't like drinking in any kind of high energy environment or drinking too much.

Reactions: maru., Soulless Angel and Saed
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
2 litres of Russian Standard vodka in 4 days and I don't usually drink.
The bus is on the way,though,so no worries.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Angina, Azzy69 and 3 others
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
Heavy drinker on and off for years here. Honestly? Like all drugs it helps and feels really great in the beginning. But it will leave you feeling even worse in the end and you'll be chasing a high that only exists in your memory. Better off not starting.

• Love
Reactions: Privatehell, Angina, Scooby-Doo and 8 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Heavy drinker on and off for years here. Honestly? Like all drugs it helps and feels really great in the beginning. But it will leave you feeling even worse in the end and you'll be chasing a high that only exists in your memory. Better off not starting.

I think everyone's different, Never had a down day on it yet, and I am one year in! never felt crap day after either

• Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, maru., _Minsk and 1 other person
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
I think everyone's different, Never had a down day on it yet, and I am one year in! never felt crap day after either
That's true. Not sure how much you drink or if that even makes a difference, but I drank about half a litre of 40% vodka every day, at my very worst I could manage around 350ml of 70% Absinthe in a day. At first it numbed me just fine and I found everything funnier and less 'heavy' so to speak. But at a certain point I just became the bitter, cynical kind of drunk with a dash of weepy.

Reactions: charlottewilts, Dead beat dad, maru. and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Yeah I never drink and I don't know why. Neighbours an alcoholic and whenever he gives me a cider I feel much better

Reactions: maru. and _Minsk
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
alcohol tastes nasty, i hate it

Reactions: _Minsk and Dead beat dad
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
have seen quite a few post about drinking and at times i also just feel like craving getting something strong to have a break from life's pain, never had been into much drinking actually, anyone who can relate?
I can relate brother. I have one of those personalities where one is too many and twenty is not enough.
I love being sloshed off my face, it makes the pain go away, let's me become someone else for a while, and for a few hours thongs are pretty good.
That first beer, the expectation, the closest thing you can get to a sort of 'buzz' and then the gates of hell open and it's 04:00, I'm drawing £200 from an ATM to pay a dealer for 3 grams of Joss Aucklands Spunky Backpack, vomiting madras out of my nose down a dress shirt and smoking a cigarette I couldn't tell you where it came from if my life depended on it (somewhat ironically).
It is for this reason that I generally abstain and there for when I do 'fall off the wagon' I do it alone in the safety of my own home with all you guys for company, listening to the Hotel California on repeat.
Peace my brothers and sister... Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.

DBD

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and _Minsk
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I've just never been a drinker, it doesn't numb or significantly change me. I was a very high-functioning pothead for years, almost two decades. If it hadn't started affecting me differently, I still would be. It was a mixed bag(gie), it helped bring some happiness and lightness, but also, often mildly psychedelic -- some non-productive obsessiveness, occasional flashbacks; because of its psychedelic nature for me I'd get a little too deep into things but often not get resolution, so it was kind of hypomanic in that way.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Dead beat dad and Deleted member 17331
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I wish I knew what it's like to get drunk! I live in a religious country, no alcohol allowed anywhere! It's literally being smuggled like drugs!!! Too hard to get your hands on any. Plus my family is religious too so alcohol is a red line that should never be crossed! And I'm stuck with them

• Hugs
Reactions: SnowWhite and _Minsk
Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
I drink fairly often, it helps me sleep.

• Love
Reactions: SnowWhite, Huntfish34 and _Minsk
sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
Please don't consider alcohol as a means to escape, pick up and instrument or art. Alcohol has ruined my life

• Aww..
Reactions: SnowWhite and _Minsk
Step40

Step40

May 30, 2020
I have been sober for almost 12 years. Being Irish I always considered it as a mark of honour that I could drink so much, you name it I drank it.
It's been a long road to where I am now but my body is thankful.
Although I do vaguely remember drinking poitin one Xmas, good times!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath and _Minsk
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Not read any of the replies but

RUM!! WAAAAAAHHHHEEEEYYY!! :pfff:

Good for a temporary distraction but potential repercussions at all turns. Good for some in moderation, the downfall of many.

Tread carefully for it has been common folly!

In the meantime...

Yaaaaay Friday night and a tiny bit of numbness :haha:

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, _Minsk and Dead beat dad
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I'm more of a smoker. Alcohol makes me puke the night I drink it, and in the morning. I don't want to make it look like I have morning sickness. :pfff::pfff::pfff:

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34, _Minsk and Red
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
I drink a bottle of red wine in one sitting, pretty regularly. If I had unlimited funds, I would be drunk a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts and _Minsk
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
I drink a bottle of red wine in one sitting, pretty regularly. If I had unlimited funds, I would be drunk a lot.

Do you have any health repercussions from that shit dude? Asking outta genuine interest - I'd prolly get digestive issues n whatnot!

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk and Klee
Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
Do you have any health repercussions from that shit dude? Asking outta genuine interest - I'd prolly get digestive issues n whatnot!
Surprisingly, not really - I have a really great sleep afterward, but I do wake up with a bit of a headache.. which is understandable. I'm quite sure my liver isn't so keen, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I just did a year sober in AA but I've lately been practising moderation, 'cause abstinence is too cruel a rule. The relief for me is swift and profound. I've gotta be insanely careful to not get hooked again.

But for me it is the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle, so it is worth the risk.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and _Minsk
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
You're made of strong stuff!
(Was gonna say that you're completely made of testicles, indicating fortitude, but was afraid it'd cone across funny:)))
Red wine has amazing, fucky-uppy properties it takes a special breed to withstand!
I'm a wuss n drink mixed drinks and whatnot.
Kinda envious of people who can drink anything (red wine, n spirits straight up or "on the rocks") and still have a functioning body afterwards! If it was a viable, quick way of ctb then I'd be all for it but unfortunately death by alcohol is not that reliable and regular amounts just make me sick...
Just a binge here n there for some blessed oblivion now n then :wink:
Weed is best for my body on a regular basis, though I know it doesn't suit all!

• Love
Reactions: Klee, Huntfish34 and _Minsk
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Everything is good in moderation.
I can only speak for myself because there are both better and worse way for a coping mechanism.
However I find relief in knowing I'm able to either get angry or sad/ indifferent by having alcohol when I feel down.
It's okay to take time for yourself, it'a like zoning out basically.
And is good if you want to externalise your feelings either by crying or smash a bottle against the wall or some shit.
Try not break anything though hehe.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Red, Huntfish34 and _Minsk
BooGirl

BooGirl

Warlock
Jan 10, 2020
I've never actually gotten drunk, cuz I'm still underage haha

but it's definitely something I wanna try.

• Hugs
Reactions: SnowWhite, _Minsk and KleinerWolf
_Minsk

_Minsk

Dec 9, 2019
I've never actually gotten drunk, cuz I'm still underage haha

but it's definitely something I wanna try.
donttt doo itt x3
edit: okay i feel guilty but i had just a small glass, feeling quite drunk already xC

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BooGirl and KleinerWolf
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I used to drink quite a lot and i've picked it up again after exiting treatment, so yea yesterday I had 3 drinks before 9am :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf