• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

califtom

califtom

Feb 8, 2024
I'm more than $20,000 in medical debt and about to lose my house. I've been sentenced to a lifetime of poverty and don't want to live in this hell anymore. I wish I had been born in literally any other developed country but America. The stress, depression and resentment at my situation is unbearable. I barely eat or sleep anymore and spend all my days worrying, barely able to function. I put on a brave face at work or around my kids but inside I'm in excruciating pain. I want so much to end it and be done with this miserable life but I worry about how it will affect my kids. What can I do? I'm trapped in a literal prison.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, cetacea, Lostandlooking and 4 others
thesadbrazilian

thesadbrazilian

Feb 6, 2024
Not debts, but being broke has really messed with my emotional state. I freaking hate being so damn poor in this crappy, poor country too.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, imanaya and califtom
imanaya

imanaya

coward
Feb 7, 2024
I don't know of any country that seems more cruel than america

Reactions: permanently tired, divinemistress36 and califtom
califtom

califtom

Feb 8, 2024
I don't know of any country that seems more cruel than america
Can you think of any other country on Earth that shackles its citizens with a lifetime of endless medical debt for the crime of getting sick? America's healthcare system isn't just inneffective its downright evil.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, annointed_towers, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Medical bills will appear on your credit report. Why do you need to pay for yours?

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Have you thought about filing for bankruptcy?

Reactions: MyChoiceAlone
califtom

califtom

Feb 8, 2024
Medical bills will appear on your credit report. Why do you need to pay for yours?
because I have garbage insurance that doesn't fully cover mental health issues. they "treated" my mental health by plunging me into medical debt.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
In I'm university date. I tried to CTB several times as was thousands in debt.

N

NorthernMonkey

Student
Apr 6, 2023
Definitely. That was always my main reason. I felt like I was holding on by my finger nails and had that sickening feeling every time the phone rang or the post arrived. About 6 months ago we inherited quite a bit. Enough to get ourselves in a manageable position. InsteadI we spent it all on drugs and alcohol. I am still in debt but got help and a plan. I am just as unhappy as before. I don't think it was ever really about the debt. Is there anywhere to get help? I went to Citizens Advice and they were brilliant. Do you have similar? Or debt management companies? They can threaten you but can't take what you don't have. I was told to write to anyone you have a debt with and make them an offer of how much you can afford a month. They would find it hard it harder to take your house if you were genuinely trying. You really need some professional advice. It's horrible and I totally understand how you feel right now. Hang in there, you aren't alone. It seems like medical bills are killing America:(

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and califtom
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Yeah I'm slowly getting crushed by debt. If I had a job I'd be able to somewhat manage it but finding a job is proving difficult.
I hate the idea of going back to fast food but I'd rather die lol.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and califtom
Nagito

Nagito

May 25, 2022
Debt and feeling trapped in life as a low income American are my main reasons. There are things I like about life but I rarely get the chance to do them as all of my energy is spent on work to pay debts. The cons outweigh the pros for me and debt makes me fear it will be forever.

I'm very sorry to hear you're going through this. I wish the working class in our country were afforded safety and security for their lifetime of labor. It's devastating to see those whose work on the streets and those who exploit labor/debt living great lives.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, MyChoiceAlone and califtom
OrganizedChaos

OrganizedChaos

Burnt Out Autistic
Mar 12, 2021
Debt is one of the (many) reasons for me as well, however I want to leave a will for the things that I do have to go to my cousin/best friend, but I am worried that if I do that, my $20,000 (student loan and credit card) debt will go to him as well. I am not married and don't have children or any other big responsibilities besides the debt, and I currently just live with a friend/roomate. I am not really sure how these sorts of things work. Does anyone know?

• Hugs
lifteddream

lifteddream

Jun 6, 2023
How did the 20k accrue? Was in inpatient?
Asking because I thought you might be able to contest it but on second thought that would mean the justice system makes sense and it doesnt.

OrganizedChaos

OrganizedChaos

Burnt Out Autistic
Mar 12, 2021
The 20k is just from student loans and credit cards, i was hospitalized in inpatient back in 2020 but I had better insurance at the time and as far as I know, I don't owe anything from that.

lifteddream

lifteddream

Jun 6, 2023
I'm so sorry by the way, debt is crushing me too so I feel some of your pain, I appreciate how strong you are for those around you
Oh sorry I'm a total grandma!! I meant for the original poster, califtom, but didn't hit reply
I'm in the pretty much the same boat as you actually, organizedchaos, so I have no idea :(

Last edited:
Reactions: OrganizedChaos
L

Lostone47

Jan 7, 2024
Debt is a huge issue. I'm almost 200k in the hole once taxes are factored in. However, that's just part of it. Knowing that I am going to have to live my life working until I die just to sustain a decent quality of life is the major part. Starting over in my 30's when I had an abundant situation in my early 20's leaves me with massive remorse.

• Hugs