• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
It was very strange today, I looked at all the material and planning my suicide and it was as if I suddenly felt like. Wait what the hell am I doing? It was as though something broke the tunnel vision that was very set on killing myself like immediately. Has this happened to anyone else. Where u don't understand how u can swing from that state back to a normal state. Maybe it's bipolar I don't know. Something broke the spell and suddenly suicide made no sense to me. It's quite a shift.

Reactions: Cookiedough8956, Weirdoee, ReleaseMe and 3 others
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
It's probably because looking at the material makes it all real. Suicidal ideation is, after all, by definition a "fantasy". Actually setting up a contraption that will kill you takes it from thoughts and rumination to something that will actually end your life once you use it.

I have had my suicidal ideation drift off plenty of times, but never because I've entered into serious planning and/or obtained materials - I've never done that. Usually, it's been because of an improvement in my mood/motivation/outlook.

I've swung back now, and I know what you mean about how "confusing"/jarring/whatever that can be. "How could I feel one way just the other day, and a different way now?" It doesn't seem "right". But if anything, it underscores how fickle our emotional states can be. There are a few users on the forum who display this cocksure, grandiose idea that they have it all figured out - they see right through this risible charade that is existence and bla bla bla.

David Foster Wallace put it in more simple and modest terms - a suicidal person feels like they're in a burning building. They don't want to jump, but it's unbearable to stay in that building. I guess that some days, our inscrutable brain has us waking up in a different building.

All of the fancy talk about existential/philosophical angst or nihilism or what have you, it tends to smack of someone trying to convince themselves.

Reactions: Freyja13, Safi, skitliv and 7 others
shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
It was very strange today, I looked at all the material and planning my suicide and it was as if I suddenly felt like. Wait what the hell am I doing? It was as though something broke the tunnel vision that was very set on killing myself like immediately. Has this happened to anyone else. Where u don't understand how u can swing from that state back to a normal state. Maybe it's bipolar I don't know. Something broke the spell and suddenly suicide made no sense to me. It's quite a shift.

So happy to hear this!:happy:

Reactions: Freyja13, Comatose11 and iamthezero
iamthezero

iamthezero

Fiend Queen
Jun 22, 2018
Honestly, that's a pretty great thing to hear. Hope you can take the steps to figure it out.

For me I have BPD & BD and ive been off all my meds for a few months, so the in and out is a constant thing.

Reactions: Freyja13, shattered dreams and Comatose11
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Yes, my optimism has decided to take over today which is suprising since Ive only had 1 hour's sleep.

Reactions: Comatose11
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I remember I once bought 200 pills and was planning to take them all. After a few handfuls, I wondered what I was doing. I had already taken around 100 pills at that point and deeply regretted it. I think the survival instinct kicked in.

Reactions: Tiburcio and shattered dreams
iamthezero

iamthezero

Fiend Queen
Jun 22, 2018
Yes, my optimism has decided to take over today which is suprising since Ive only had 1 hour's sleep.
Try to take advantage of it while it's here.

Reactions: Ashpac and Comatose11
iamthezero

iamthezero

Fiend Queen
Jun 22, 2018
I remember I once bought 200 pills and was planning to take them all. After a few handfuls, I wondered what I was doing. I had already taken around 100 pills at that point and deeply regretted it. I think the survival instinct kicked in.
I can't tell you how many times I've unintentionally saved my own life. Even the time I undid my seat belt once the car door was able to be opened and escaped....now i even look back sometimes like why the hell would i interfere, but that's when things are bad.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Comatose11
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Try to take advantage of it while it's here.

I have like 2 days a week when the optimism kicks in. It could be because the football season is starting soon, who knows :)

Ice Poseidon

Ice Poseidon

Jul 3, 2018

I was so sure I was going to CTB, but I no longer want to.
Maybe I'm just going through a cycle.
I want to drag this existence out for now.

Reactions: Freyja13
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I am very happy to hear that!!
Good luck to you!

Reactions: Freyja13
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
It's probably because looking at the material makes it all real. Suicidal ideation is, after all, by definition a "fantasy". Actually setting up a contraption that will kill you takes it from thoughts and rumination to something that will actually end your life once you use it.

I have had my suicidal ideation drift off plenty of times, but never because I've entered into serious planning and/or obtained materials - I've never done that. Usually, it's been because of an improvement in my mood/motivation/outlook.

I've swung back now, and I know what you mean about how "confusing"/jarring/whatever that can be. "How could I feel one way just the other day, and a different way now?" It doesn't seem "right". But if anything, it underscores how fickle our emotional states can be. There are a few users on the forum who display this cocksure, grandiose idea that they have it all figured out - they see right through this risible charade that is existence and bla bla bla.

David Foster Wallace put it in more simple and modest terms - a suicidal person feels like they're in a burning building. They don't want to jump, but it's unbearable to stay in that building. I guess that some days, our inscrutable brain has us waking up in a different building.

All of the fancy talk about existential/philosophical angst or nihilism or what have you, it tends to smack of someone trying to convince themselves.

i agree to this explanation.

Although that same thing doesn't occur to me, I kind of know how it feels. But I wonder if the strength of the ideation's will to be real will come back.

Reactions: skitliv
Peekaf

Peekaf

Dem Bones
Jul 8, 2018
This happened to me when my son was born and lasted maybe 18 months. Now I'm ready to go, just have a few things to deal with before I do. I've got 3 or 4 days left at most

Reactions: skitliv