• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

meatchunx_

meatchunx_

Apr 30, 2023
Not cutting for depressive reasons at the moment but if I ever get to the point where i need to let things out i want to know how to make the experience not that painful. I keep hesitating trying to do it and i really need guidance ;)
For clarification im not suicidal which may or may not be confusing since im posting this in ctb discussion, i dont condone or think sh is the right way to cope but ive had a fascination with it ever since and i really want to try it to help me feel better
If anyone does SH it would be greatly appreciated if you are comfortable sharing your first time doing it and how it felt so I can be reassured, though i do think there are better ways to cope I cant force anyone to stop immediately

• Love
Reactions: KuroiSH
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Not cutting for depressive reasons at the moment but if I ever get to the point where i need to let things out i want to know how to make the experience not that painful. I keep hesitating trying to do it and i really need guidance ;)
For clarification im not suicidal which may or may not be confusing since im posting this in ctb discussion, i dont condone or think sh is the right way to cope but ive had a fascination with it ever since and i really want to try it to help me feel better
If anyone does SH it would be greatly appreciated if you are comfortable sharing your first time doing it and how it felt so I can be reassured, though i do think there are better ways to cope I cant force anyone to stop immediately
Local anesthesia can help!

Reactions: meatchunx_
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Use orajel it works on teeth , i dont see why it wont work on skin

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
I do self-harm and my first time hurt a bit, but as I watched all the blood dripping I got a morbid sense of satisfaction from it. After that, I never looked back. It depends really if you're squeamish about those kinds of things. Also, I'd recommend if you ever do get into it, have long sleeved shirts or pants somewhere in your closet, because it's easier to hide the cuts with them.

meatchunx_

meatchunx_

Apr 30, 2023
I do self-harm and my first time hurt a bit, but as I watched all the blood dripping I got a morbid sense of satisfaction from it. After that, I never looked back. It depends really if you're squeamish about those kinds of things. Also, I'd recommend if you ever do get into it, have long sleeved shirts or pants somewhere in your closet, because it's easier to hide the cuts with them
Tysm for this! Im not really squeamish with bodily things but it really is just the pain part for me because I am okay with slight burning sensations. Just not if the pain will continue for a long time to where it's uncomfortable while im wearing clothes.

• Love
Reactions: KuroiSH
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
Tysm for this! Im not really squeamish with bodily things but it really is just the pain part for me because I am okay with slight burning sensations. Just not if the pain will continue for a long time to where it's uncomfortable while im wearing clothes.
You can use fentanyl patch too

spøgelse

spøgelse

Student
May 14, 2023
I only SH for pain and don't have a thing for blood so I'm probably not the best for this but, I just dismantle the basic razor blades you can buy at stores as they are fairly small and it's hard to go beyond styro with them. I avoid box cutters and knives to maximize harm control as the deeper you go the more expensive wounds are to care for at home. My hands are flimsy and I'll often add pressure where I shouldn't.
I don't remember the first time I did it as I have horrible memory issues, what I do remember is I fucked up and now I have scars that I'm pretty sure healed improperly since they still hurt like a bitch occasionally even though it's been 3 years. I'm pretty sure what I did was beat the shit out of my shoulder without dismantling the blade until it leaked blood. So, avoid that I guess?

meatchunx_

meatchunx_

Apr 30, 2023
I only SH for pain and don't have a thing for blood so I'm probably not the best for this but, I just dismantle the basic razor blades you can buy at stores as they are fairly small and it's hard to go beyond styro with them. I avoid box cutters and knives to maximize harm control as the deeper you go the more expensive wounds are to care for at home. My hands are flimsy and I'll often add pressure where I shouldn't.
I don't remember the first time I did it as I have horrible memory issues, what I do remember is I fucked up and now I have scars that I'm pretty sure healed improperly since they still hurt like a bitch occasionally even though it's been 3 years. I'm pretty sure what I did was beat the shit out of my shoulder without dismantling the blade until it leaked blood. So, avoid that I guess?
Thank you 4 this :) I think it would be kinda hard for me to buy a razor blade at a store because and I dont want to be obvious and id probably just look like some random kid, so if i can I probably will just order some online in secret. I like feeling sensations of pain that aren't overwhelming which is why im not completely opposed to not feeling pain at all.

Reactions: spøgelse
cherrysquick

cherrysquick

want to be pretty even when i'm dead
May 6, 2023
i'll preface this by saying that i was in your position once and ended up with an sh addiction that's been with me for 7 years now n im unable to stay clean for long periods of time. it's better not to start if you find any other, more healthy methods to cope but i understand!!
about the numbing the pain thing i don't really know honestly, you just have to do it fast and for me after a few cuts it doesn't hurt anymore because of the adrenaline. some spots are more sensitive than others, for example i barely feel any pain while SHing on my arm but it's really bad when doing on my thighs. the healing process hurts more than the act itself, so try to do it in spots that won't get really irritated. painkillers make it hurt a bit less and i almost can't feel anything when i'm relapsing while drunk. havent tried anything else. you can dm me if you have any more specific questions :))

meatchunx_

meatchunx_

Apr 30, 2023
i'll preface this by saying that i was in your position once and ended up with an sh addiction that's been with me for 7 years now n im unable to stay clean for long periods of time. it's better not to start if you find any other, more healthy methods to cope but i understand!!
about the numbing the pain thing i don't really know honestly, you just have to do it fast and for me after a few cuts it doesn't hurt anymore because of the adrenaline. some spots are more sensitive than others, for example i barely feel any pain while SHing on my arm but it's really bad when doing on my thighs. the healing process hurts more than the act itself, so try to do it in spots that won't get really irritated. painkillers make it hurt a bit less and i almost can't feel anything when i'm relapsing while drunk. havent tried anything else. you can dm me if you have any more specific questions :))
Tysm for the help greatly appreciated <3!

• Love
Reactions: cherrysquick
Not.Flugel

Not.Flugel

✨Invaild Pharmacy Student✨
May 7, 2023
A bit late, but I usually only do cat scratches with a small amount of styro. I use double edge platin razors, you can get them on Amazon for like €7 for 100 pieces. If you are into seeing your own blood and less pain you can cut the thigh (never on the inside though). I can say avoid scalpels, knifes or box cutters like the people before me.

If you haven't started, don't. It's very addicting and people will treat you accordingly. Idc about it, but especially with younger folks, you are often the subject of bullying, even in High School. Whatever you decide good luck and make sure to practise wound care!

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
The whole point on doing is it hurting. It deviates emotional pain to a physical one and releases some chemicals. There is no way of doing it that it doesnt hurt. Depends on each level of pain too. Some people handle more than others I don't recommend doing it . For me it became an obsession

Reactions: cgrtt.brns
KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
If you are into seeing your own blood and less pain you can cut the thigh (never on the inside though). I can say avoid scalpels, knifes or box cutters like the people before me.
Excuse my ignorance, but why should you avoid scalpels, knives, and box cutters? Are they not as effective as other blades?

Goose774

Goose774

May 12, 2023
cut horizontally across a vein so it can repair unless you're trying to CTB and make most of the cutting should be down by the tip of the blade scraping as you rotate and pull it across wherever you're cutting. That was it can be shallow and still bleed.

Not.Flugel

Not.Flugel

✨Invaild Pharmacy Student✨
May 7, 2023
Excuse my ignorance, but why should you avoid scalpels, knives, and box cutters? Are they not as effective as other blades?
They can go way deeper if you don't want to, especially surgery grade scalpels can cut you like butter. Mostly razor blades only go way deeper if you apply more pressure. Additionally, I strongly recommend throwing your blades out after one use. Way easier to do with razor blades, box cutter and knives can get rusty. Also, buying razorblades is way less suspicious even if you do it weekly. Also, no problem to ask. One advice from me (and literally anyone else that SH): DON'T START. It's an addiction, a bad coping mechanism on top, and you will be scared for life.

• Love
Reactions: meatchunx_, spøgelse and KuroiSH
soolka

soolka

ʚ♡ɞ killing me softly ʚ♡ɞ
Apr 13, 2023
atleast for me its not that painful, just a sting. its more painful after, showering hurts

jonghyun

jonghyun

trying to do well
May 6, 2023
well for me it started out scratching and then with time you kind of go deeper just bc you dont get satisfaction anymore from surface level. mine are maybe 1-2mm deep now which is not so much but it used to be scratches. those photos you see online of deep deep cuts are usually people who have been doing it for a very long time and have worked up to that level

meatchunx_

meatchunx_

Apr 30, 2023
The whole point on doing is it hurting. It deviates emotional pain to a physical one and releases some chemicals. There is no way of doing it that it doesnt hurt. Depends on each level of pain too. Some people handle more than others I don't recommend doing it . For me it became an obsession
I understand that doing it is supposed to cause pain. Its not like I want to completely not feel pain because then whats the purpose of doing it, but i dont want the pain to be too much which is why im asking how bad it would feel. im deciding wether or not i should go through with my decision. Atp im very conflicted because my curiosity goes through the roof and I end up doing things I regret after. I plan to try to cut maybe once and see how I feel afterwards. I do appreciate your comment though thank you <3

spectraltease

spectraltease

When everything is lost everything is found
Sep 23, 2022
I would absolutely not recommend it to you, I am ashamed of my scars every day but here: If you use blades use fine blades that are pointed and clean. I have never felt pain with fine blades. I only had a slight burning seconds later and noticed the air around the wound.
But I recommend testing some stuff before cutting with razor blades because razors are sharp asf and can cut deep so easy.
In the beginning I used a piece of a can but thats nasty ngl.

Reactions: letmegetout and meatchunx_
L

lovelylight

Apr 30, 2023
don't hesitate and just try and press the blade as deep in as possible that way you'll get a kind of rush afterwards and start craving it

Odahviing475

Odahviing475

Apr 12, 2023
Im thinking i might tie my arm to lose some pressure like when they take blood for a test or when donating

E

EmmaD

-
Apr 11, 2023
Thank you 4 this :) I think it would be kinda hard for me to buy a razor blade at a store because and I dont want to be obvious and id probably just look like some random kid, so if i can I probably will just order some online in secret. I like feeling sensations of pain that aren't overwhelming which is why im not completely opposed to not feeling pain at all.
Um.. sorry but how young are you? You've mentioned being 'young' a couple of times. Sort of a red flag here?
I'm just curious also.. why would you want to self harm if it's not about the pain? The pain IS the release.

Reactions: msocks, Aisley and cgrtt.brns
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
New razor blades or scalpels are the way to go, if you want to cut deeper. Order online, if you need to, but honestly people in the stores couldn't care less, if someone buys razor blades or not. I was 16 when I started buying razor blades in stores and I've never encountered any problems doing it. If you want to feel no pain, you can try to use locas anesthetics like lidocain bevore cutting. Or else you can practice taking blood samples, if you are only fascinated with blood and not into pain. I actually did this myself some time ago, because I became bored with other forms of self harm.
Another way to reduce pain and self inhibition before cutting would be alcohol or drugs like opoids or benzos. However, these are even more dangerous than using lidocain with regards to accidentally causing more serious damage than you wish. Plus there is a serious risk of addiction, if you choose to use drugs for cutting.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Um.. sorry but how young are you? You've mentioned being 'young' a couple of times. Sort of a red flag here?
I'm just curious also.. why would you want to self harm if it's not about the pain? The pain IS the release.
Reported her and now she got banned :) it is weird to come to a suicide forum to learn how to cut, especially if it is not for mental illness reasons. Pretty sure she was a minor too.

Reactions: Aisley, EmmaD and msocks