CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I mean from like personal experience, sometimes things can defy science.

Thank you, I didn't feel like googling it lol plus my eyes are burning from lack of sleep.
It's a great movie, almost got me hoping for something more. It sucks to imagine that it will all be for nothing, right? If the afterlife was proven, millions would ctb daily for sure. Time zones are funny, I woke up four hours ago. You get some rest.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue LIPS
C

Crumbledank

May 14, 2020
I find it hard to believe when you die, that's it. Maybe for a time period but I think people are kinda "predictable" and to me hints that we are simply "templates". Anyway, I know there's a lot of hope for reincarnation.. but what if you were given a shittier hand than the one you have now? Sure, you wouldn't know most likely, but it makes me hesitate... could you imagine having to be a baby all over again? Lol. I'm a procrastinator and that would be the ultimate procrastination lol.

I've never seen any evidence for reincarnation or life after death. I think it is safe to say it is just nothingness - same as what you experienced before your birth.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
It can be answered, it HAS been answered. The answer is just too hard for most to accept. The movie is called 'The discovery'. I loved it, by the way. It was a great fantasy, if only it was true.
Let people believe what they want to believe, dude. It doesn't affect you in any way. All of us are entitled to our own beliefs about life and death, whether it's been proven by science or not

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Let people believe what they want to believe, dude. It doesn't affect you in any way. All of us are entitled to our own beliefs about life and death, whether it's been proven by science or not

So you don't think going from nothing to something (current) then to nothing, you'll stay nothing forever? The cycle would imply you'll circle around again.

But yeah we all have opinions... your reply was just unnecessary, sorry

Since you're enlightened, could you cite a source without speculation ?

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah, man. I was once read by a stranger who pretty quickly identified that I was suicidal. I never intimated that I was, nor did this person know anything about me. They then warned me against it, stating that if I did do it, I would have to come back and do it all again, but feel worse, because I'd remember in some form and to some extent, having done it before.

That has really messed with me and my beliefs that this is a nihilistic universe. In some ways, that person has significantly impacted on my decision to stay alive. Every time I come close to the brink, I remember those words. Truth or not, it had a real effect on me.

I really do hope that death is an end to consciousness, but I've been subject to several examples that consciousness isn't bound to an individual brain, and that there's some weird shit going on that we simply cannot explain. That gives me pause for thought.

Reactions: Joey
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
So you don't think going from nothing to something (current) then to nothing, you'll stay nothing forever? The cycle would imply you'll circle around again.

But yeah we all have opinions... your reply was just unnecessary, sorry

Since you're enlightened, could you cite a source without speculation ?

My reply was what it was. I make a point not to be malicious or blatantly off topic with any replies I make on here, and if those conditions are met and I feel compelled to respond, then I consider it a necessary response.

I don't consider myself "enlightened" in any traditional sense of the word. In my view, enlightenment isn't an endpoint we achieve. Enlightenment, to me, means bringing the unconscious within us into our field of consciousness progressively over time through self-discovery, inner-reflection, meditation, etc. I know this sounds very nebulous.

What do you mean by "cite a source"? We're talking about the metaphysical here. There are no sources. It isn't a concept measured by science. Whether reincarnation exists or not is up to the individual to decide based upon his/her beliefs and ideology. Approached from a purely scientific vantage point, reincarnation doesn't exist. But, as human beings we have the ability to draw from a multitude of different sources in order to craft our own personal belief systems and worldviews. We can choose to subscribe to the scientific viewpoint of life after death (that it doesn't exist in any form), or we can choose to slant our beliefs in a more speculative direction. It's a choice, is the point I'm trying to make here. There's no need to cite sources because it's a subjective belief based upon a person's subjective perception of the world around them

Last edited:
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I find it hard to believe when you die, that's it. Maybe for a time period but I think people are kinda "predictable" and to me hints that we are simply "templates". Anyway, I know there's a lot of hope for reincarnation.. but what if you were given a shittier hand than the one you have now? Sure, you wouldn't know most likely, but it makes me hesitate... could you imagine having to be a baby all over again? Lol. I'm a procrastinator and that would be the ultimate procrastination lol.

I imagine death will be the same as before I was born.

Nothingness.

Looking forward to it.

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Weird reply, 'dude'. Did I trigger you? Did I invade your safe space? I was under the impression that this was a discussion where people could express opinions and provide facts for the consideration of others.

@Blue LIPS was right, a person can't use speculation and expect it to be accepted as fact without any evidence. For example, one can't just make statements like 'the universe is infinite' and expect not to be challenged.

Reactions: Blue LIPS
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Weird reply, 'dude'. Did I trigger you? Did I invade your safe space? I was under the impression that this was a discussion where people could express opinions and provide facts for the consideration of others.

@Blue LIPS was right, a person can't use speculation and expect it to be accepted as fact without any evidence. For example, one can't just make statements like 'the universe is infinite' and expect not to be challenged.

No, I just felt compelled to respond to your comment because I disagree with your assumption that all people who believe in reincarnation only believe in it because they're unable to face the alternative- eternal nothingness. That's just not true in every case

Also, when did I say it was a fact that everyone had to accept? I clearly said in my first post on this thread that it's my personal belief. Verbatim: " In my personal belief system..."

Last edited:
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
No, I just felt compelled to respond to your comment because I disagree with your assumption that all people who believe in reincarnation only believe in it because they're unable to face the alternative- eternal nothingness. That's just not true in every case

Also, when did I say it was a fact that everyone had to accept? I clearly said in my first post on this thread that it's my personal belief. Verbatim: " In my personal belief system..."

The main problem is what you bring to the table is that your belief is right and any other belief means that person is stubborn or stupid. I have a different view but I don't care what you believe in, so I'm not going to say "let people believe what they wanna believe dude".... verbatim. That implies you're right and I'm wrong. Be careful to not contradict yourself as well.

Like if someone believes god exists... I'm not going to talk to them and say "believe whatever you wanna believe" if that makes an easier example of what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarbonMonoxide
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019

First of all, I never made an assumption. I agreed with a statement made by another user, then I briefly stated the origins of the reincarnation belief and its negative impact on people's lives, including segregation, abuse and lynching. This is not an assumption, this is an assessment made after considering the facts.

ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
I'm pretty much convinced this is what happens. It seems likely that the Poincaré recurrence theorem is applicable to this universe.

We gon' start all over, fellas. Until the end of forever.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'm pretty much convinced this is what happens. It seems likely that the Poincaré recurrence theorem is applicable to this universe.

That's the thing, I expected eternal oblivion for the longest time but for some reason I didn't become acquainted with this concept until recently. Coincidentally, I had a major deja vu moment when I did. Maybe I'd heard of it sooner and just forgot (hard to imagine) but it lead to the most drawn out panic that I've ever had. The thought of living this life eternally is the most tormenting experience that I've ever had. If this were somehow proven to be true, then suicide would offer little to no relief and you would be committed to an infinite loop of killing yourself.

I would think because of quantum mechanics it wouldn't be an exact repeat every time, however... Right?

Last edited:
ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
That's the thing, I expected eternal oblivion for the longest time but for some reason I didn't become acquainted with this concept until recently. Coincidentally, I had a major deja vu moment when I did. Maybe I'd heard of it sooner and just forgot (hard to imagine) but it lead to the most drawn out panic that I've ever had. The thought of living this life eternally is the most tormenting experience that I've ever had. If this were somehow proven to be true, then suicide would offer little to no relief and you would be committed to an infinite loop of killing yourself.

I would think because of quantum mechanics it wouldn't be an exact repeat every time, however... Right?

I can't speak to the mathematics of the thing. But one interpretation, by French philosopher Gilles Deleuze, of Nietzsche's eternal return as a philosophical concept, in which what repeats is The Different, is change; that the world will be identical up to the point of your birth, and that you will experience every possible permutation of yourself throughout history. I believe this is probably true.

Last edited:
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019

I don't know if this applies to highly complex structures like the universe. For instance, simple digit expansions of pi do not repeat. An example is a circular object rolling infinitely around a square whose side is an even multiple of its radius. The object will never fall into a perfect, repeating pattern. The position on the rim where it starts down the next side will always be a tiny bit different from what it was on every previous occasion.

If something that simple doesn't repeat regardless of time, how can we expect a complex life or the much more complex universe? I don't see us coming back at all.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I can't speak to the mathematics of the thing. But one interpretation, by French philosopher Gilles Deleuze, of Nietzsche's eternal return as a philosophical concept, in which what repeats is The Different, is change; that the world will be identical up to the point of your birth, and that you will experience every possible permutation of yourself throughout history. I believe this is probably true.

Okay, that is much better. That makes more intuitive sense to me rather then all of the events playing out 100% identical. I could bare to live this shit life again because it would be inevitable at some point that things repeat the same but only if there were long breaks in between. I really really hope that is the correct interpretation.

C

checking out

Sep 17, 2018
We are animals. Just a collection of cells. We are nothing more special than that. There is nothing when you die. Like a leaf, insect or any other living thing - when you die you're body breaks down. That's it. Afterlife and reincarnation are myths invented to reassure people who fear death

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I want to leave this life. Anything else afterwards I'll deal with when I get there. For now, just let me get away from here.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
The main problem is what you bring to the table is that your belief is right and any other belief means that person is stubborn or stupid. I have a different view but I don't care what you believe in, so I'm not going to say "let people believe what they wanna believe dude".... verbatim. That implies you're right and I'm wrong. Be careful to not contradict yourself as well.

Like if someone believes god exists... I'm not going to talk to them and say "believe whatever you wanna believe" if that makes an easier example of what I'm saying.

How? It means exactly what it says: "Let people believe what they want to believe". If you read into any further than that, I don't know what to tell you. I'm autistic- I don't speak in codes or nuances or implied meanings. My mind just doesn't operate like that. I never said my belief is right. If I thought that, I would say it flat out. I'm not NT (neurotypical)- I don't typically read something and try to find alternate meanings to it, nor do I assume other people do, so I just mean what I say, as I say it

Last edited:
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Not really.
I would forget my past life anyway, so it doesn't really mather.
If it gets bad, i'll just do it again.
I just hope that the respawn timer is high.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
For me, starting again wouldn't be an issue, because you wouldn't have any recollection of a past life, plus lives are finite anyway so it's inevitable. Me, I'd rather not come back here at all, at least nor until ALL the injustices and sources of suffering have been resolved (which is very hard to see happening).

Ybother

Ybother

Life is a lemon and I want my money back.
Jul 23, 2020

I doubt the "universe/God" is that legalistic. We talk about karma and stuff but people get away with doing heinous things every day. Its all just chaotic! But what do I know? I was raised only threats of hell and scrupulosity so maybe I'm just tired of religion bullying me lol
I'm agnostic now. No one really knows what's going to happen. It could be a dream.
I won't deny that childhood brainwash is what's delaying my CTB.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm a procrastinator too. That's why I've thrown my life away but it was a good one and I'm a stupid fool. What are the chances I'll be so lucky next time around? Not so good. I just want to do this again