F

Foreverever

Aug 13, 2020
For the first time I feel that I'm prepared for ctb, but the one thing that's holding me back is thinking of how upset my family will be. My family have been very supportive, they're not part of the reason I want to ctb at all. I'm not sure what I should do, perhaps it would be a good idea to tell my parents before, but that may just lead to me ending up in a psych ward, and I don't want to risk that. Any thoughts/advice?

• Hugs
Reactions: leiche, Caspers, mooncake and 6 others
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
You can either:
1. Assure them on your suicide note that you're somewhere happy and you thank them for everything
Or
2. Make up a lie on the note that you've done something very unforgivable/horrible that they don't want any part of you and hope that they'd move on after you ctb

F

Foreverever

Aug 13, 2020
Well I definitely prefer the first option, I wouldn't want them to think for the rest of their lives that I'd done something horrible. I suppose the best way is to let them know in the suicide note that I don't blame them for anything, as you suggested. Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Xiaomi
redbutterfly

redbutterfly

Jul 31, 2020
i have the same problem but deep down i know they will be happier when im gone

Reactions: Caspers
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I also don't want to hurt them. My mother cares for me greatly. She repeatedly told I'm her reason to be alive. She told me she will die if I kill myself.

But I can't live in this pain. Its too much and I've made my mind. What brings me comfort is the thought that I won't probably see the consequences my death will have on her and my siblings (even if there is an afterlife the chance that I won't see the aftermath in this world is high).

Maybe thinking like this might also comfort you.

Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
Yes but in my case I'm the mum.

• Love
Reactions: leiche
Nop0int

Nop0int

Jul 19, 2020
I don't want to hurt my sister since she is the one who help and care for me but I can't do this anymore, I don't know what to do :notsure:, Some part of me wanted to just ctb and be done with it but another part also feels like it's not a right thing to do.

Reactions: Anthagonos
F

Foreverever

Aug 13, 2020
I don't want to hurt my sister since she is the one who help and care for me but I can't do this anymore, I don't know what to do :notsure:, Some part of me wanted to just ctb and be done with it but another part also feels like it's not a right thing to do.
Yes, I'm in a very similar situation, my sister has been very supportive to me also.

Reactions: Anthagonos
Nop0int

Nop0int

Jul 19, 2020
Sometime i wish she wouldn't be so caring towards me atleast then i can go without feeling guilty at the thought of her grieving for me
I hope you can resolve what you want in your next step, as so am I with this problem

Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
I'm the opposite. My family of origin has been really bad to me and is partly the reason of why I'm planning to CTB at a young age. However, I'm worried about my death will shock (here I use the word 'shock' rather than just 'upset', because I'm really concerned that my death would cause great shock, tons of grief and loss throughout my company) my teammates, my coworkers at company.

Also, the other thing I'm concerned about is that my death might be misread and misunderstood. I work at one of the FAAMG companies, so there's possibility that news reports relate my death to the Facebook software engineer Chen Qin's death and blame my company. But my company, my managers and my teammates have always been very supportive to me and I'm grateful about them. I don't want them to be involved.

p.s. I really like your ID and avatar:smiling:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MyLifeMyChoice, Anthagonos and Nop0int
Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
It's a difficult question to answer. My mom didn"t helped me when I needed. So.. you know. Im finding more support here in a few days that in my whole life with my family.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nop0int
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
Sometimes I think my mom will be upset but at a certain point it's obvious that me being alive and spiraling badly is doing damage in its own right and she has said I'm harming her health, so I'm trying to do this sooner rather than later like ripping off a bandaid