Codename_Joryu

Codename_Joryu

Dec 15, 2023
I have a brother, who's 2 years older than me, and he was always my parent's favourite. Unlike me, he is good looking, tall, intelligent, smart, responsible and he's not autistic like me. He never had any issues with studying or making friends, my parents always trusted him with everything. While he was getting cool gifts for doing great at school, I was always punished, humiliated and yelled at just because school was a bit harder for me. He always manages to find himself a new girlfriend while I can't even get to the dating stage, he always had people around him and my parents always admired him, while they were making fun of me because I was just different. They were always asking me why can't I just be more like him, I wanted to fucking kill them every time they were saying that.
I'm just so jealous of him, and I hate him for that. I hate that this guy has everything that I want to have, I hate that while he's living his life to the fullest, I can't even function properly because of all that past trauma and neglect. I sometimes wish he just died, or at least lost everything.
Can anyone relate?

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: struggles_inc, Unknown21, leavingthesoultrap and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Can anyone relate?
sadly yes
i wasnt his (as if her f'en someone else and having an unplanned pregnancy was my fault)
"dont touch that its your brothers", it was milk and juice.... childish? pathetic? clearly thought of last.... and thats just 1 thing..
oh and they lied to me about him not being my real father. didnt find out until i moved out. even though i was the only one with green eyes while everyone had blue and came right out and asked wtf when i was about 12

• Yay!
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: haibane, KillMeh and Little_Suzy
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I grew up with that issue. My brother was always favored and treated as he could do no wrong. I was blamed for things he did. Always took his side and at times was ridiculous. He got away with things I could never get away with. And if he clearly did something wrong that was my fault too. He grew up to become an alcoholic drug addict criminal. In and out of prison all the time so I think it hurt him worse to be raised that way because he always felt entitled and thought he could get away with anything but the rest of the world is not Dad.

Reactions: KillMeh
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I don't think any of us were my parents favorite.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: haibane and KillMeh
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
A little different for me. Dad and mum split when I was 4, Dad got a new woman and started a new family and pretty much forgot about me. I think a lot of the treatment we get from our parents is based on their relationship with each other. Perhaps it was an arranged marriage and the mother takes out her resentment on you in cruel ways. Or maybe your father and mother fought constantly and when he looks at you he sees her eyes and hates it.

• Informative
Reactions: KillMeh
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
And this is exactly why everyone should not procreate. People who can't empathize and don't understand special needs of certain mental conditions will act in ways that shall leave the child scarred for life. I wish you get someone to love you and understand you. Those feelings of jealousy will go away. You are not in fault in wanting to get loved by your parents.

• Love
Reactions: Codename_Joryu and KillMeh
KillMeh

KillMeh

Sep 13, 2023
I grew up as a mistake, but instead of resenting my brother, I just hate my parents. Actually love my brother even though he hates me. They did us both a disservice, we were messed up in opposite ways, but he managed to save himself and Imma die. That's the only thing I have going for me, I'm the quiet kid never causing problems, I don't have boundaries, catholic martyr fantasy of my parents. Everyone wins.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chex and leavingthesoultrap
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yea, kind of similar situation. My older brother was always parents favourite because he had good school grades and no autism. I wasn't even diagnosed as a kid so I was just the lazy and dumb one. The only thing he wasn't blessed with are looks. I would say that I am more good looking than him. Not surprisingly I developed a personality disorder due to this treatment and and I remember that as a child I had feelings like I was a bad kid and not deserving of anything. I don't have bad feelings towards my brother tho, he understands that what our parents did was simply wrong.

idkrat

idkrat

Deluded rat
Dec 18, 2023
Younger sibling here, and yeah totally.
My parents were drug adicted, so everyday was a hell for me since i lived with them. Except when my older sister came home, magically they stopped using drugs and cleaned all the house just to welcome her.
They also used drugs when she lived with them but never as hard as with me, and never used it in front of her, also when she would ask them to not do em they would listen to her.

I love my sister tho, even if she's mean to me sometimes, i like her, but I will never understand why they were nicer to her than to me.