Mage
May 14, 2018
Damn this hits home.

Reactions: Sick of it all
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
Well I joined just two days ago, so I think it is normal that I check very often if there are new notifications.

bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
I actually use other social media's a lot more than this site though i still do the same thing (as in checking my notifications on here) as i value the view's of those on this site much more than the rest of social media as the people on here aren't, and excuse my rude language, but total fucking idiots.

• Love
Reactions: SectOfValtiel
Altvtysp

Altvtysp

Nov 5, 2022
I don't use facebook, instagram, tiktok, snapchat. The most social interaction I get is on this site, this is the only place i regularly check notifications. It's exciting seeing someone reply to your comment or send you a message.
I have a Twitter account with over 8k followers and like 500 Facebook friends but I don't like using either platform because I have to face some kind of "reality" with either of them. Twitter is all about "the current thing" and politics (which is incredibly toxic) and Facebook is about people trying to pretend that the world isn't melting down or making it all about themselves. If I have to use one I'll use Twitter because it's all strangers. This forum has been nice because I can freely express myself in a way I'd probably have the authorities after me and it's to total strangers. Win win.

Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
I don't use facebook, instagram, tiktok, snapchat. The most social interaction I get is on this site, this is the only place i regularly check notifications. It's exciting seeing someone reply to your comment or send you a message.
I am the same. FB was toxic for me. I pushed so many people away from me on that platform. I'm new here but the people here seem much smarter and genuine than other places online.

Reactions: SectOfValtiel
Altvtysp

Altvtysp

Nov 5, 2022
I am the same. FB was toxic for me. I pushed so many people away from me on that platform. I'm new here but the people here seem much smarter and genuine than other places online.
I stopped using FB back in 2016 when every single time I'd express a political opinion there would be people, I know in real life, triggered because I didn't spew out the garbage narratives from the democrats or republicans or government agency. Twitter seemed like a breath of fresh air which purified like trying to use the charcoal method while killing yourself. Why people seem smarter and more genuine because they feel like they can express their "authentic selves" but tread carefully! There is still a lot of bullshit even here. We're all humans after all.

Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
I stopped using FB back in 2016 when every single time I'd express a political opinion there would be people, I know in real life, triggered because I didn't spew out the garbage narratives from the democrats or republicans or government agency. Twitter seemed like a breath of fresh air which purified like trying to use the charcoal method while killing yourself. Why people seem smarter and more genuine because they feel like they can express their "authentic selves" but tread carefully! There is still a lot of bullshit even here. We're all humans after all.
Thanks for the advice. I don't venture into the political threads at all. That isn't the focus of me being here anyway. I'm also careful what I say here.

SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
I used to use Twitter as my venting space, I met a lot of good people there and even had a few relationships start from it
But it was starting to get frustrating
Sometimes Id literally talk about wanting to CTB and get no response from the same people that would act offended when I said it didnt feel like anyone cared about me... there were people I genuinely consider friends still that I know dont care whether Im around or not
Ive deactivated it a few times but I think this last time I might just let the account die

Being here has been a lot different
Everyone I interact with here knows what Im going through to some extent, and this account is totally unique so
Youd have to know me already to recognize me, that makes it a lot easier to truly open up about my experiences

And yeah lmao I admit Im almost constantly refreshing the page to see if I got a notification, or checking new threads

Im still incredibly lonely but its the first time Ive enjoyed a new social interaction in awhile
It seems like a very good community

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I've found people I can really connect with and vent to about these problems that people tell you "don't talk like that." It keeps me somewhat sane in my torture while I'm waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celerity
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Yeah, though I'm not active on here a lot either so I usually get disappointed since no one usually replies or interacts with me. But when someone does it feels nice.

• Love
Reactions: come to dust and theslasher
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I never understood the dopamine rush lots of people get when they get notifications on social media. That is, until I came here. I'm pretty much inactive on "real" social media, so I kind of compensate on here. I love getting messages and notifications here because I mostly trust people here unlike on other sites where everything is as fake as it can get.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yeah, this is the closest thing to social media that I have at the moment. I get much more recognition then I ever did on social media so I pretty much deleted all social medias when I realized that people here actually listen to me. Its very exciting when I receive a response to one of my posts or I get messages, still, after having gotten lots of those for a long time so you'd expect me to be used to it by now. Also, I like talking to people in general on here and helping them out with anything that they'd need and whatnot. I love SS.