C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
I don't use facebook, instagram, tiktok, snapchat. The most social interaction I get is on this site, this is the only place i regularly check notifications. It's exciting seeing someone reply to your comment or send you a message.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jar-baby, theslasher, lukas19 and 36 others

Dec 19, 2021
I never post anything on those other social media sites, either. The people here are a lot less judgemental and more supportive than those other sites.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Passersby, newave3, Endex and 12 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I wish I could get exited about it but my brain's too fried.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, heavyeyes, bubo and 8 others
Jack4230

Jack4230

Lame
Sep 8, 2019
Yes I do this all the time. People don't text or snap me.

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, Mr_House, Dead Ghost and 3 others
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
Yeah, i've got no social media either. This is the only place i feel i've connected with people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: theslasher, Endex, heavyeyes and 6 others
O

obafgkm

Experienced
Jun 3, 2022
Censorship in mainstream social media including Twitter is very bad. They ask for too much personal information and have a lot of tracking. They are almost unusable with VPN. Basically you are an unpaid writer for the site. Maybe some get paid. But you don't write what you want. They decide what can be published. If you don't comply they ban you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lukas19, heavyeyes, looseye and 9 others
M

melodrama

May 7, 2022
Me too, but for some stupid reason, these notifications make me anxious...

• Hugs
Reactions: theslasher, Passersby, Endex and 6 others
dirtnap

dirtnap

Jun 7, 2022
Me! It's the only social networking site I use besides some neighborhood app but those people annoy me, I love you peeps though❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: theslasher, lukas19, Endex and 5 others
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I don't use any of the main social media platforms.

If you mean interaction on here in the form of chat messages or pm's, I don't get those as I think I am too shy and quiet for that, though I do sit in the forum chat room just listening to people bounce their ideas and thoughts off each other.

That said, I do get responses to my posts, so I guess that counts as interaction, and it is a good feeling to know that someone has taken notice of a post I made and felt that it warranted a response.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Endex, heavyeyes, Mr_House and 4 others
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Yes, ever since I stopped using discord

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, Mr_House, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I have FB but too often got banned, so here I am making SS my primary social interaction

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, Mr_House, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Lol. Yes. It used to be tumblr,twitter,and reddit but got rid of those because it was becoming an unhealthy addiction. I've noticed I've been in a better mood since quitting those three sites, so obviously doing something right.

I use youtube on the side but youtube and I go waaaay back. Youtube till I die.

Edit: I deleted insta but I hardly ever used it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, akana, Mr_House and 1 other person
sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah this is the closest thing to an actual social network where people with equal thoughts come and are able to communicate with each other without judgement. Hell, the off topic section is so random you might not even notice this is a pro suicide forum

• Yay!
Reactions: Endex, Élégie, Mr_House and 5 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
This and Reddit. I don't post on Facebook, so there aren't may notifications to look at.

I feel like a cranky old person who rags on "kids these days" in regards to Instagram and TikTok, but they genuinely hold no appeal for me. YouTube is sufficient for me. I don't enjoy the short video format.

Reactions: akana and Mr_House
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
Yep I'm here for the notifications. Every single "like" is so appreciated, you have no idea. I feel like someone actually read what I wrote, and acknowledged my existence, even if just online. Reddit is fun too and a good number of distracting topics to debate about without requiring any emotional involvement.

I have FB and Insta because some businesses don't have a website anymore, just social media and to find out what time they are open, you need an account. How stupid.
I don't enjoy the short video format.
I HATE THAT!!! Youtube had it right the first time. Simply upload a video, who cares if it's less than a minute what's the difference? Now you have commercials lasting for minutes, and suggested videos popping up, it is really a money grab for you to pay for Premium to avoid all of that stuff. It's not even all that affordable. It is more expensive than cable TV!

• Love
Reactions: lukas19, akana, Un- and 7 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Yep I'm here for the notifications. Every single "like" is so appreciated, you have no idea. I feel like someone actually read what I wrote, and acknowledged my existence, even if just online. Reddit is fun too and a good number of distracting topics to debate about without requiring any emotional involvement.

I have FB and Insta because some businesses don't have a website anymore, just social media and to find out what time they are open, you need an account. How stupid.

I HATE THAT!!! Youtube had it right the first time. Simply upload a video, who cares if it's less than a minute what's the difference? Now you have commercials lasting for minutes, and suggested videos popping up, it is really a money grab for you to pay for Premium to avoid all of that stuff. It's not even all that affordable. It is more expensive than cable TV!
I also use FB to keep up with local businesses. Most don't have their own website anymore. If they do, it hasn't been updated since 1995. Haven't found a business yet that will cause me to sign up for Instagram though. Seems like a lot of boutique soap and skincare places used it.

Reactions: houseofleaves
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I log in somewhat regularly just to check notifications. Usually don't have any, but never know.

Reactions: looseye, Un-, houseofleaves and 1 other person
PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
Yeah. Today I've been checking it a lot more though. Maybe I should stop. I don't know.

Reactions: melodrama, Un- and Sick of it all
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020

AdBlock is your friend

Reactions: Élégie and Sick of it all
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
Guilty!! I so do this multiple times an hour. I post shit just to see notifications fly off the chain.
See unlike Facebook and Twitter and all the other alphabet soup social connection sites and platforms avail, here your posts don't get hidden so quick. U never know if people actually see your content elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Altvtysp and Sick of it all
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I don't use any other form of social media. This is it for me. Unless YouTube is considered social media. I don't know.

• Hugs
Reactions: looseye, Un-, Élégie and 2 others
S

Sick of it all

It's only a matter of time and I'm running out
Aug 17, 2022
I have an Instagram but I hardly check it. It's full of happy and successful people, something I am not. SS is my go to place these days. I feel like I'm understood here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, katagiri83 and castler
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
yeah somewhat. But maybe it'd be more interesting if I was better at posting. Not everyone can be noname223

MountainMonkey

MountainMonkey

Student
Jun 17, 2022
I deleted all of my social media. This site is it.

Reactions: Un- and Élégie
want2dienow

want2dienow

Atari hazure?
Jul 24, 2022
no. never did social media never will.
if this place becomes like it; why i left the first time, but i dont it due its subject matter. as far as i know everywhere else on the clearnet is bombarded with pro-lifers on this subject

Reactions: Un-
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
Facebook and Twitter and all the other alphabet soup social connection sites
Love the alphabet soup!!!
I also use FB to keep up with local businesses. Most don't have their own website anymore. If they do, it hasn't been updated since 1995. Haven't found a business yet that will cause me to sign up for Instagram though. Seems like a lot of boutique soap and skincare places used it.
My favourite bakery has revolving store hours and they only post it on their instagram "stories". SO ANNOYING!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: PrisonBreak, castler and houseofleaves
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
Yeah, I definitely get more interaction here than anywhere else.
Could be Im more active here, or others just don't care to talk with me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: houseofleaves
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
Now you have commercials lasting for minutes, and suggested videos popping up, it is really a money grab for you to pay for Premium to avoid all of that stuff. It's not even all that affordable. It is more expensive than cable TV!
hm, try russian vpn? (youtube disabled ads in russia)

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Not really, the whole social media side of the internet has never been of much interest for me. I've never been able to understand the whole desperation for human interaction and attention type thing. I don't really think this website is exciting at all in any way, its just full of suicide method discussions which is the whole point of this website in the first place. I only use this site as a way to pass the time for me and I couldn't care less about what others do on here. I guess that in many ways this is no different to anywhere else on the internet as the concept of the 'reaction score' belongs more on a shallow actual social media site rather than on here.

• Wow
Reactions: Un-, Sick of it all, PrisonBreak and 1 other person

self proclaimed bitchboy
Aug 27, 2022
i like this place, tbh i like to see the "xxxx reacted with awww/wow/love/etc to your comment" i take it as the closest to get interactions irl and seing the expression someone might make, it's nice

Reactions: houseofleaves and Sick of it all